Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonski
You need to put a 2mm spacer under the ball studs like the original instructions.
So no need to put 6mm washers right?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
So no need to put 6mm washers right?

correct, 2mm under the outers and 1mm under the inners if you followed Cpt Americas way of mounting the ackerman plate.

I still run mine "normal" with the 6mm under the outside ball stud...no bumpsteer, works perfect.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hopsing
correct, 2mm under the outers and 1mm under the inners if you followed Cpt Americas way of mounting the ackerman plate.

I still run mine "normal" with the 6mm under the outside ball stud...no bumpsteer, works perfect.
I am running 4mm and seems to have no bumpsteer, but how are you running 6mm and still have enough thread for the nut in the steering arm?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
I am running 4mm and seems to have no bumpsteer, but how are you running 6mm and still have enough thread for the nut in the steering arm?
As long as you are running the 10mm ball studs part number TD330347 which is called for in that location, it will work. It has just enough thread. I put a drop of blue loctite on though since it doesnt quite reach the nylon inside the nut.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

As long as you are running the 10mm ball studs part number TD330347 which is called for in that location, it will work. It has just enough thread. I put a drop of blue loctite on though since it doesnt quite reach the nylon inside the nut.
Got it. I will try it tonight.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

So the Captain America mod involves placing the ackermann bar under the pivot arms and placing 2mm spacers between the pivot arms and the plastic mount that bolts to the chassis to raise the whole assembly? And of course the usual spacers on the inner and outer ballstuds.

Or just K.I.S.S. and go with the stock instructions and place 6mm spacers on the outer ballstuds?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

+1 on the normal way. No bumpsteer here with 6mm.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO
So the Captain America mod involves placing the ackermann bar under the pivot arms and placing 2mm spacers between the pivot arms and the plastic mount that bolts to the chassis to raise the whole assembly? And of course the usual spacers on the inner and outer ballstuds.

Or just K.I.S.S. and go with the stock instructions and place 6mm spacers on the outer ballstuds?
Personally, I like K.I.S.S. Not that the other way isn't effective, but this way works so I don't see a reason to "re-engineer" the geometry.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
+1 on the normal way. No bumpsteer here with 6mm.
I went with the complex mod because the control arm sits flatter. The 6mm might put too much stress on the steering knuckle 3mm hole. Force is appled 6 mm higher from servo as opposed to normal 2 mm... just my 0.02...
Old 04-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I don't run this car anymore, but maybe I can shed some light on bumpsteer. How many washers you run on the turnblock to keep your bumpsteer at 0 depends on how much caster you are running. When running 25 degrees of caster (which I ended up at), you can run very few bumpsteer washers with a normal (not modded) steering rack. But when running 30 degrees, the caster block is rotated back, which lowers the turnbuckle mount on the turnblock, which means more bumpsteer washers to eliminate bumpsteer. I found that 6mm didn't quite get rid of the bumpsteer, and I wasn't about to go to 7mm. There is so much leverage against the hole at that point, that I didn't want to risk a DNF due to the ball stud ripping out of the turnblock. The only other option, was to lower the steering rack, which is where my mod came into place. Worked perfectly.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You can get this one if you can wait a few days

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Looking for a tried and trued method of closing holes in pistons. Some say to use glue, some say epoxy, it will be my first time doing this. Also any leads to a cheap 1.3mm drill bit would be helpful.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Closing holes I have taken a solder iron and melted over holes, works well, even filling them with bits of plastic from the parts tree then melting it works well
Old 04-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Does anyone want to buy a highly upgraded dex 210 it has full carbon options from digity designs and some tresery hop ups car comes with suburbs and scrubs mc compound mounted on white rims and comes with 2 painted bodies
Old 04-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
I don't run this car anymore, but maybe I can shed some light on bumpsteer. How many washers you run on the turnblock to keep your bumpsteer at 0 depends on how much caster you are running. When running 25 degrees of caster (which I ended up at), you can run very few bumpsteer washers with a normal (not modded) steering rack. But when running 30 degrees, the caster block is rotated back, which lowers the turnbuckle mount on the turnblock, which means more bumpsteer washers to eliminate bumpsteer. I found that 6mm didn't quite get rid of the bumpsteer, and I wasn't about to go to 7mm. There is so much leverage against the hole at that point, that I didn't want to risk a DNF due to the ball stud ripping out of the turnblock. The only other option, was to lower the steering rack, which is where my mod came into place. Worked perfectly.

If I use this mod, I place the bar under the pivot arms and place 2mm washers under the pivot assembly before mounting it to the plastic mount/bracket that is bolted to the chassis, correct?
Old 04-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO
If I use this mod, I place the bar under the pivot arms and place 2mm washers under the pivot assembly before mounting it to the plastic mount/bracket that is bolted to the chassis, correct?
Correct.

If you just moved the steering bar to the bottom of the pivot arms, the bar would be far too low, and the it would actually hit the front suspension arms... so it has to be shimmed up just enough to clear the front suspension arms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.