R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree33Likes

Old 04-15-2012, 05:15 AM   #5356
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsyzz View Post
Regarding spring rates, according to the TD spring chart, light red front springs are rated at 47gf/mm. However, the package on the light red fronts says 49gf/mm. Black front springs on the chart are rated at 49, yet the package says 47. Does anyone know which is correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamDurango View Post
The chart is correct - I'm not sure why the header card is wrong but we'll look into it, thanks for pointing this out.
Actually, it seems like the chart is incorrect. I just counted the coils on the Black springs and they are not 10 turns.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #5357
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanAZ View Post
I have both and my B4.1 +8 is dialed in. I got this about a month ago and it has so many tuning options that to be honest I am still playing with it. I have it almost as dialed in as the B4, I just keep playing with the different motor set ups. The 210 is heavier and to me feels more responsive. If I had to pick one I would say the 210 just because of all the tuning options.
There were quite a few of them at OC/RC yesterday for Saturday practice. Some looked really good, and some looked really bad. Im guessing mostly traction problems, and one guy was running mid-motor which sucks on OC/RC clay (Used to own a Schumacher Cougar). It looked like a pretty good buggy. Are they fragile? My B4.1 +8 never broke unless someone t-boned me, very durable car.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #5358
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
There were quite a few of them at OC/RC yesterday for Saturday practice. Some looked really good, and some looked really bad. Im guessing mostly traction problems, and one guy was running mid-motor which sucks on OC/RC clay (Used to own a Schumacher Cougar). It looked like a pretty good buggy. Are they fragile? My B4.1 +8 never broke unless someone t-boned me, very durable car.
IMO they are very durable, I ran mine last weekend on a fast 1/8 scale track, and did quite a few durability tests, and nothing..Tough car, although I have the CF towers and steering rack, as those seem to be a few week spots if there are any.
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #5359
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
IMO they are very durable, I ran mine last weekend on a fast 1/8 scale track, and did quite a few durability tests, and nothing..Tough car, although I have the CF towers and steering rack, as those seem to be a few week spots if there are any.
So if I ran stock towers and steering rack what would be mandatory spares to carry on hand?
Old 04-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #5360
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
So if I ran stock towers and steering rack what would be mandatory spares to carry on hand?
Not mandatory, but a good idea..I personally have only cracked a front tower, and it was a pretty good hit, but others have the other parts give them problems.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #5361
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Only thing I've broke was the front left a-arm, but that was from a mean tumble hitting the top of the tripple. It has held up better than my B4, I've broken a-arms on that with less violent crashes.

I am running RM4 now and at first took some time to get use to, I am starting to really like it in this configuration for my track. I do miss the air brakes thou.

***Looking for a responsible person to help run the track and program***
EvanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #5362
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
Yeah, I have experienced something like that before..Our track is normally med bite, wet black dirt, and I wouldn't know what to do if the traction ever came up a lot I found out. We had a good number of entries, and the day was breezy, and kept the dust off, decided not to water for some reason, and boom, we have blue groove, I had soft tires (not for long), and had to scramble..
Good luck Auto, there any bumps?
I won the B-Main 17.5 buggy race today. Times were more consistent than Saturday, and the track was more dry today as well.

All I did from yesterday was run custom made JC green Pressure Points in the rear. They hooked up very well in the groove line but once I stepped off-line the rear-end got very loose. My JC green Hybrids felt very good in the groove, and were more forgiving if you got off-line any. I probably should have ran the Hybrids today.

Also, would have liked to try less rear toe. I was still fighting some mid/exit corner push. Corner entry was very good with both tires, and so was overall rear traction, so I think I would have been slightly faster if I dropped to 3.5 rear toe.

Oh well, I won, B-Main, but still wasn't a bad race.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #5363
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
I won the B-Main 17.5 buggy race today. Times were more consistent than Saturday, and the track was more dry today as well.

All I did from yesterday was run custom made JC green Pressure Points in the rear. They hooked up very well in the groove line but once I stepped off-line the rear-end got very loose. My JC green Hybrids felt very good in the groove, and were more forgiving if you got off-line any. I probably should have ran the Hybrids today.

Also, would have liked to try less rear toe. I was still fighting some mid/exit corner push. Corner entry was very good with both tires, and so was overall rear traction, so I think I would have been slightly faster if I dropped to 3.5 rear toe.

Oh well, I won, B-Main, but still wasn't a bad race.
Hey, a wins a win, and it looked like there was a pretty good turnout..probably not the result you were looking for, being your home track, but it sounded like it was a different animal this weekend..Nice one Auto..and thanks for the updates..
Old 04-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #5364
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Help needed guys

Hey, I really need the big gear part # TDR310238 for the Rm3 in my 210 and can't find it anywhere does anyone have one I can buy from you.?

Thx,
Kevin
Slimsh8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #5365
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimsh8t View Post
Hey, I really need the big gear part # TDR310238 for the Rm3 in my 210 and can't find it anywhere does anyone have one I can buy from you.?

Thx,
Kevin

I have a spare..pm me
Old 04-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #5366
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanAZ View Post
Only thing I've broke was the front left a-arm, but that was from a mean tumble hitting the top of the tripple. It has held up better than my B4, I've broken a-arms on that with less violent crashes.

I am running RM4 now and at first took some time to get use to, I am starting to really like it in this configuration for my track. I do miss the air brakes thou.
Thanks for the input. as I see them more and more on the track i'll get a better idea, maybe ask someone with one of the more dialed in setups if I can take one for a spin. I know exactly how to sertup a B4 for OC/RC, But wouldnt mind trying something new. Just not the 22, already tried that and hated it.

Last edited by jpcopeland1; 04-15-2012 at 10:37 PM. Reason: spelling errors.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:52 AM   #5367
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

man im glad i picked up one of these ....this is gotta be one of the best Info/help threads ive seen
RCP Customs-RC Juice
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:26 AM   #5368
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone found an alternative to the stock servo arm? Maybe a Losi aluminum arm? I was out racing yesterday and I have about 8 races on the car and I dusted one spektrum servo and my savox is on the way out and I was thinking about trying a S9551, but I dusted my Futaba horn on the savox last night as well. Now I'm thinking it might be smart to go with an aluminum horn and a hitec 7940, but I don't know of any aluminum horns that would work off hand (and the plastic horns are backordered until July. GP has done a great job getting the important stuff in, this was kind of a weird one.)
AMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #5369
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMorgan View Post
Has anyone found an alternative to the stock servo arm? Maybe a Losi aluminum arm? I was out racing yesterday and I have about 8 races on the car and I dusted one spektrum servo and my savox is on the way out and I was thinking about trying a S9551, but I dusted my Futaba horn on the savox last night as well. Now I'm thinking it might be smart to go with an aluminum horn and a hitec 7940, but I don't know of any aluminum horns that would work off hand (and the plastic horns are backordered until July. GP has done a great job getting the important stuff in, this was kind of a weird one.)
I use the Hitec 7940 with the Racer Edge pro horn. I use 7940's in every car I own.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:40 AM   #5370
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMorgan View Post
The TLR servo horn fits perfectly- correct length and offset. Many others can be made to fit also, but that one is almost like it was made for the 210.