R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #511
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

CPT America
Who's the other Durango dealer here in Washington I thought TQ hobbies was the only one?
O'donnell racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #512
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,842
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri from Chi View Post
Hope so. Big race in Chicago on the 22nd and I would LOVE to not stay up the night before getting the car built!
Is that the Fall Classic? Ive pulled the all-niter a few times with a new car. Its just so hard to stop once you start...
__________________
Serpent America/Desoto Racing- www.serpentamerica.com
TrakPower Speed Equipment- www.trakpowerusa.com
B Fast RC Performance- www.bfastrc.com
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #513
Tech Master
 
1967rs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Roy Utah
Posts: 1,027
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

I have held a built car in my hands (guys from HRP had a sneek peek car they brought to the local track) they are a very nice car I should be building mine very soon
1967rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #514
Tech Master
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,946
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967rs View Post
I have held a built car in my hands (guys from HRP had a sneek peek car they brought to the local track) they are a very nice car I should be building mine very soon
You guys you live near HRP HQ should have your cars first. At least by 3 days. So you are in charge of all the build updates
__________________
TrakPower Speed Equipment / Speed Passion
Serpent Natrix 748 TQ - Nova REX
D413 Reventon 1.1ex 13.5t; AE B6d Laydown Reventon Pro 1.1
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #515
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,083
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'donnell racer View Post
CPT America
Who's the other Durango dealer here in Washington I thought TQ hobbies was the only one?
Any hoby shop can be a durango dealer if they use HRP distributor.
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #516
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Any hoby shop can be a durango dealer if they use HRP distributor.
Unless things have change but you did need to sign a separate contract and do a large first order buy in to become a Durango dealer thrue hrp
O'donnell racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #517
Tech Regular
 
Bri from Chi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lockport, IL
Posts: 357
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
You guys you live near HRP HQ should have your cars first. At least by 3 days. So you are in charge of all the build updates
+1. Utah guys, please let us know when you get your kits so we can start our final countdowns in other areas of the country. Thanks!
__________________
Team Durango**Hobbico**Futaba**Trak Power
Leisure Hours Raceway-Joliet, IL www.Leisurehoursraceway.com
*****ELECTRIC FOREVER*****
Bri from Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #518
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,083
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'donnell racer View Post
Unless things have change but you did need to sign a separate contract and do a large first order buy in to become a Durango dealer thrue hrp
Well, I guess you know more than me. It seems a system like that would be AWFULLY detrimental to the sales success of the product.
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:56 AM   #519
Tech Master
 
1967rs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Roy Utah
Posts: 1,027
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri from Chi View Post
+1. Utah guys, please let us know when you get your kits so we can start our final countdowns in other areas of the country. Thanks!
Will do, the HRP rep said I should have mine on Wednesday.
1967rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #520
Tech Elite
 
twelvegauge's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: sycamore il
Posts: 2,544
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to twelvegauge Send a message via MSN to twelvegauge
Default

Is there any word of how long it will be before replacement parts are available?
__________________
www.sycrcmaraceway.com
Maple Acres Raceway, SYC R/C Racing
I-Lap Timing System, R/C Scoring Pro
Replacement fans for esc's & heat sinks
biscayne348@gmail.com or 630-935-0132
twelvegauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #521
Tech Fanatic
 
Konich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 972
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Well, I guess you know more than me. It seems a system like that would be AWFULLY detrimental to the sales success of the product.
Actually the exact opposite. This happens in RC as well at the Motorcycle Industry as well. The reason is you don't get a hobbyshop just ordering one kit and their done. You get shops that are going to make a serious commitment to your product, both in product knowledge and parts support. "Buy in's" are pretty common in a number of industries. You don't want to know what I just paid Dainese to keep being a dealer for them
__________________
Tresrey Spec DEX410 - Yaiba Spec B5M
Konich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #522
Tech Elite
 
twelvegauge's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: sycamore il
Posts: 2,544
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to twelvegauge Send a message via MSN to twelvegauge
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri from Chi View Post
Hope so. Big race in Chicago on the 22nd and I would LOVE to not stay up the night before getting the car built!
I hope to make some of the big and regular races this year. I haven't been there enough to hang with the big dawgs.
__________________
www.sycrcmaraceway.com
Maple Acres Raceway, SYC R/C Racing
I-Lap Timing System, R/C Scoring Pro
Replacement fans for esc's & heat sinks
biscayne348@gmail.com or 630-935-0132
twelvegauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #523
Tech Champion
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,003
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konich View Post
Actually the exact opposite. This happens in RC as well at the Motorcycle Industry as well. The reason is you don't get a hobbyshop just ordering one kit and their done. You get shops that are going to make a serious commitment to your product, both in product knowledge and parts support. "Buy in's" are pretty common in a number of industries. You don't want to know what I just paid Dainese to keep being a dealer for them
Any word on Tresey parts for the 210?
__________________
B6D | B64D

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #524
Tech Fanatic
 
Konich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 972
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

^^Yes I got word from Japan that they are working on what parts to make as they have had a prototype 210 for a couple weeks. Hopefully I will get word soon on what option parts we'll be producing.
__________________
Tresrey Spec DEX410 - Yaiba Spec B5M
Konich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #525
Tech Elite
 
t8rtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,008
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Seen aluminum rear hubs as options for the 210. I wonder if they'll fit the v3? I read on oople that some will have their kits tomorrow and others definately by the end of the week.. Any word on us state side?
__________________
Sfida
t8rtot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16564 Yesterday 05:06 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
stoopideric
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:39 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net