Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic

Is there any toe built into the arms or is it all in the hubs?

If you were to flip the arms backwards to mount the shocks in the rear, are there any other changes you'd have to make to keep the car the same as if the shocks are mounted normally? I can't think of anything, but thought I'd ask.

With my former Schumacher Cougar SV, mounting the shocks in the back made a noticeable difference in handling without doing anything else to the car. I'm interested to try this out and see what happens.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default DEX410 for DEX210

If anyone is interested in trading a DEX210 for a DEX410 2010 SPEC, message me.
Full on race ready upgrades including TD machined diff gears Tresrey Parts New clear body etc...
This is my spare.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just installed the Tresrey slipper hubs and shaft. The dimensions of the shaft are off slightly. had to take some length off the aluminum spacer between the outer support bearing and the gear. It was notchy and have considerable bind when the motor plate screws were tightened down. After reducing the length of the spacer it was free. then used two of the included shims and it's perfect now. I am using the RC Shox slipper pads. Overall, very nice. The hubs would look cooler in Tresrey red!
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-img_0146.jpg  
Old 03-27-2012, 07:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
Just installed the Tresrey slipper hubs and shaft. The dimensions of the shaft are off slightly. had to take some length off the aluminum spacer between the outer support bearing and the gear. It was notchy and have considerable bind when the motor plate screws were tightened down. After reducing the length of the spacer it was free. then used two of the included shims and it's perfect now. I am using the RC Shox slipper pads. Overall, very nice. The hubs would look cooler in Tresrey red!
Nice Jmuck, I was thinking about that also, but I have a few rw spurs in stock, so I am good to go there. I did however order a few items from Tresery that should be here tomorrow, so I have a little wrenching to do...
I built my front shocks the other night, with the black ti shafts. I used Kyo seals, as they seemed to have less shaft drag, and they have always worked for me in the past, they feel really smooth..Can't wait to get my car dirty again.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Nice Jmuck, I was thinking about that also, but I have a few rw spurs in stock, so I am good to go there. I did however order a few items from Tresery that should be here tomorrow, so I have a little wrenching to do...
I built my front shocks the other night, with the black ti shafts. I used Kyo seals, as they seemed to have less shaft drag, and they have always worked for me in the past, they feel really smooth..Can't wait to get my car dirty again.
The TD Black nitride shafts?
Old 03-27-2012, 08:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The TD Black nitride shafts?
Yeah, they dont make a 55mm for the rear unfortunately, all they have is 52..
Old 03-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah, they dont make a 55mm for the rear unfortunately, all they have is 52..
I'm running the gold shafts and are nice. I believe the black shafts are smoother (sounds like a 70's era film...). I just did the rear arm flip mod to try out this weekend. It is right around +6-7mm difference than stock. It was such an easy mod that I think TD designed it like this from the start.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'm running the gold shafts and are nice. I believe the black shafts are smoother (sounds like a 70's era film...). I just did the rear arm flip mod to try out this weekend. It is right around +6-7mm difference than stock. It was such an easy mod that I think TD designed it like this from the start.
Lol, Are you running RM3, or 4...lmk how it turns out, I wont be running for a few weeks...
Old 03-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Lol, Are you running RM3, or 4...lmk how it turns out, I wont be running for a few weeks...
RM4...it's all I run
Old 03-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

3mm difference in rear shock shaft length doesn't change anything. Also, I've found having some droop taken out of the rear helps keep the outdrives in better condition, as they bind and make a lot of noise at full droop with 55mm shafts.

Jmuck,

Definitely waiting to hear some feedback. I'm not sure my next race will require that much change in wheelbase, but it might be something to look into in the future.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Autocratic
3mm difference in rear shock shaft length doesn't change anything. Also, I've found having some droop taken out of the rear helps keep the outdrives in better condition, as they bind and make a lot of noise at full droop with 55mm shafts.

Jmuck,

Definitely waiting to hear some feedback. I'm not sure my next race will require that much change in wheelbase, but it might be something to look into in the future.

I noticed that also, noisy at full droop, but doesn't 3mm seem a bit much...I just switched mine to RM4, as our outdoor track is going to be shared with 1/8, so its going to get loose and dusty..
Old 03-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Facing problems with dex210. Need help

Hi guys,
Jus got a dex210. Need some help with some problems I'm currently facing.
Firstly, does the gear box housing be needed to tighten fully? Cos wen I do tighten it fully, the screws end up producing n jamming the big gear connected which is connected to e pinion.

Secondly, after assembling the gear box... The plastic piece which covers the gears on e outside doesn't seem to fit perfectly leaving gaps(as if warping) which I'm afraid dirt, n sand will enter thus hindering the gears(the pinion n the gear connected to e pinion).
As fr ride height n settings, maybe u experts can advice me on wat setup I should be running as Im a beginner to rc cars World.
Jus FYI, I'm configured to 3 gear mid motor.

Thx guys.
Cheers
Vin
Old 03-27-2012, 09:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by wickkerr82
Hi guys,
Firstly, does the gear box housing be needed to tighten fully? Cos wen I do tighten it fully, the screws end up producing n jamming the big gear connected which is connected to e pinion.

Secondly, after assembling the gear box... The plastic piece which covers the gears on e outside doesn't seem to fit perfectly leaving gaps(as if warping) which I'm afraid dirt, n sand will enter thus hindering the gears(the pinion n the gear connected to e pinion).
As fr ride height n settings, maybe u experts can advice me on wat setup I should be running as Im a beginner to rc cars World.

Thx guys.
Cheers
Vin
Make sure the transmission screws are in the correct location, there is one that is a little longer than the others, but they shouldn't protrude from the plate. As far as how tight, I put a dab of loctite on the end of them, and lightly snug them. The gear cover sounds odd, hey are fragile, and shouldn't be over tightened, but I have never noticed or heard of any warping..The kit set-up is a great start, or you can go HERE and find something to start with..
Old 03-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dog Runner
Is there any toe built into the arms or is it all in the hubs?
There is no toe built into the arms OR the hubs. All the toe is provide by the forward rear toe block, and/or the inserts you run in the hubs.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wickkerr82
Hi guys,

Thx guys.
Cheers
Vin
Check the gear cover to see if it is hitting a motor screw. Mine will do this sometimes, depends on spur to pinion combo. Box setup works pretty well and just concentrate on driving and clean lines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.