R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2012, 04:26 AM   #4846
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 797
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_jun View Post
ALLOY WHEEL HEX (14mm) 2pcs

GEAR COVER

some parts are also there so just check it out, i think its a bit expensive when international......
Yeah shipping is like $50
__________________
Kyosho Rb6.6
Kyosho ZX6.6
Kyosho Rt6
kerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #4847
Tech Regular
 
FRONTI3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 342
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default New Carbon Fiber Front Shock Tower by TeamSR





TSR056


Durango DEX210 Carbon Fiber Front Shock Tower
Quasi-Isotropic Carbon Fiber 4mm
Professionally Pre-Glued Edges
$29.99

This is an optional TeamSR Carbon Front Shock Tower, and is intended for use with the Durango DEX210. You can remove the stock plastic piece and achieve ultimate steering precision with TeamSR's DEX210 Front Shock Tower. Designed and cut in the USA from high grade Quasi-Isotropic carbon fiber, this front shock tower uses all the factory mounting and adjustment holes with optional anodized aluminum mounts that make for easy adjusting of the front camber link ball stud. This kit includes all the necessary hardware to directly bolt-on.

Includes:
- Front Quasi-Isotropic Carbon Fiber.
- Anodized black inner camber mounts for balls studs.
- Hardware to attach the aluminum mounts to the shock tower.
- Professionally Pre-Glued Edges.
Information found here: http://www.teamsr.co/shop/item.asp?item=TSR056
__________________
Sponsors: Tekno RC, GFX Designs, RCOttawa.com/forum/
www.teknorc.com
FRONTI3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #4848
Tech Addict
 
wfdfiremedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 598
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

How do you guys feel the dex210 compares to the tlr 22? I have both, but i am curious as to what you guys think? To me, the most obvious thing is that the durango feels like a darn tank compared to the 22. I haven't decided which i like better, so i just run them both. Anyone know the weight difference between a stock 22 and 210? Why does the 210 seem so much heavier? What accounts for this?


thanks
__________________
B4.2
SCTE
wfdfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #4849
Tech Master
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,946
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdfiremedic View Post
How do you guys feel the dex210 compares to the tlr 22? I have both, but i am curious as to what you guys think? To me, the most obvious thing is that the durango feels like a darn tank compared to the 22. I haven't decided which i like better, so i just run them both. Anyone know the weight difference between a stock 22 and 210? Why does the 210 seem so much heavier? What accounts for this?


thanks
There is a lot of plastic weight on the 210, like the rear brace assembly, tranny is rather large. Side pods are pretty heavy IMO. I think this car is optimized for Astro tracks out of the box. Dirt requires some work...

I saw a few photos of the rear motor plate and slipper plate being drilled. I wonder if that would reduce some weight in the rear? Also We could try to reduce weight by drilling holes in the stock chassis like we did with the RC10's. I think this chassis is stiff enough we could do that.
__________________
TrakPower Speed Equipment / Speed Passion
Serpent Natrix 748 TQ - Nova REX
D413 Reventon 1.1ex 13.5t; AE B6d Laydown Reventon Pro 1.1
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #4850
Tech Champion
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,003
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdfiremedic View Post
How do you guys feel the dex210 compares to the tlr 22? I have both, but i am curious as to what you guys think? To me, the most obvious thing is that the durango feels like a darn tank compared to the 22. I haven't decided which i like better, so i just run them both. Anyone know the weight difference between a stock 22 and 210? Why does the 210 seem so much heavier? What accounts for this?


thanks
It's the rear-end that is heavy. It has so many screws (503 screws...I counted ) to hold the rear brace and transmission assembly. It could use some titanium screws and a milled motor plate to help shed some weight.
__________________
B6D | B64D

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #4851
Tech Champion
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,003
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
There is a lot of plastic weight on the 210, like the rear brace assembly, tranny is rather large. Side pods are pretty heavy IMO. I think this car is optimized for Astro tracks out of the box. Dirt requires some work...

I saw a few photos of the rear motor plate and slipper plate being drilled. I wonder if that would reduce some weight in the rear? Also We could try to reduce weight by drilling holes in the stock chassis like we did with the RC10's. I think this chassis is stiff enough we could do that.
They have shown the milled motor plate on the options list since the car came out but have not released it. The drilled slipper hubs is for cooling and eliminate gases on the slipper pad, like a racing car brake. Associated has the holy slipper plates for the B4.1.
__________________
B6D | B64D

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #4852
Tech Elite
 
CHIZZLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,291
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRONTI3R View Post




TSR056


Durango DEX210 Carbon Fiber Front Shock Tower
Quasi-Isotropic Carbon Fiber 4mm
Professionally Pre-Glued Edges
$29.99

This is an optional TeamSR Carbon Front Shock Tower, and is intended for use with the Durango DEX210. You can remove the stock plastic piece and achieve ultimate steering precision with TeamSR's DEX210 Front Shock Tower. Designed and cut in the USA from high grade Quasi-Isotropic carbon fiber, this front shock tower uses all the factory mounting and adjustment holes with optional anodized aluminum mounts that make for easy adjusting of the front camber link ball stud. This kit includes all the necessary hardware to directly bolt-on.

Includes:
- Front Quasi-Isotropic Carbon Fiber.
- Anodized black inner camber mounts for balls studs.
- Hardware to attach the aluminum mounts to the shock tower.
- Professionally Pre-Glued Edges.
Information found here: http://www.teamsr.co/shop/item.asp?item=TSR056
Nice. Where are you guys located?
__________________
Chance Renstrom
Repeat after me......"toy cars"
CHIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #4853
Tech Champion
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,003
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
Nice. Where are you guys located?
Texas
__________________
B6D | B64D

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #4854
Tech Adept
 
RacerMike42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anza, CA
Posts: 161
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

http://www.teamsr.co/shop/item.asp?item=TSR056

I like this tower but the Add To Cart button isn't working
has anyone else tried?
__________________
AE SC10 4x4
AE SC10
Durango DEX210
OFNA Hyper 9e
RacerMike42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #4855
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 605
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

I also says the alum mounts are optional but I do not see a place to order the mounts with the tower.
sstoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #4856
Tech Adept
 
RacerMike42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anza, CA
Posts: 161
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstoffer View Post
I also says the alum mounts are optional but I do not see a place to order the mounts with the tower.
Includes:
- Front Quasi-Isotropic Carbon Fiber.
- Anodized black inner camber mounts for balls studs. <<<

- Hardware to attach the aluminum mounts to the shock tower.
- Professionally Pre-Glued Edges.
__________________
AE SC10 4x4
AE SC10
Durango DEX210
OFNA Hyper 9e
RacerMike42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #4857
Tech Adept
 
RacerMike42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anza, CA
Posts: 161
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I guess they don't sell to the public, that's why the add to cart button didn't work.
__________________
AE SC10 4x4
AE SC10
Durango DEX210
OFNA Hyper 9e
RacerMike42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #4858
Tech Champion
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,003
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerMike42 View Post
I guess they don't sell to the public, that's why the add to cart button didn't work.
I think the website has issues. I clicked on the "more info" button for the upcoming titanium screws and it took me back to the home page.
__________________
B6D | B64D

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #4859
Tech Adept
 
RacerMike42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anza, CA
Posts: 161
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
I think the website has issues. I clicked on the "more info" button for the upcoming titanium screws and it took me back to the home page.
Nope, when I inquired about the issue through their contact page I was told We do not sell to the public, please click the where to buy link.

Unfortunately I cannot find the part on any of their dealers sites. If any one can find it please post a link here

Thanks
__________________
AE SC10 4x4
AE SC10
Durango DEX210
OFNA Hyper 9e
RacerMike42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #4860
Tech Fanatic
 
rcman182006's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pleasantville, OH
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcman182006
Default

http://www.teamsr.co/shop/product.asp?l=Durango

some more CF and Aluminum Goodies, including an alternative to Creams tower
__________________
-=-Charles Kilbarger-=-
Serpent SRX2 MM - D4 17.5 - Hobbywing Justock
AE RC10 Team Car - RevTech 17.5 - Hobbywing Justock
#NoChuck2015
rcman182006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16564 08-19-2017 05:06 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:21 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net