R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree26Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #4201
Tech Master
 
Ed237's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dudley PA
Posts: 1,431
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs92 View Post
Will this car be fine outta the box to just lay down laps with or does it need upgrades right away? Durability issues?
I have 2 complete weekends on mine and have yet to break a part. I have upgraded the ball studs and cups to the ones found on the TLR22. Make sure you get the 10mm long studs if you do!

I ran box stock the first weekend and the car pushed hard and popped ball cups.

I wanted to try the Lutz set up from Reedy for the next weekend but of course the Durango springs are out of stock. I tried to replicate it by using TLR22 springs: orange front and red rear.

I was almost second faster per lap with that set up.
__________________
Ed Toth

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #4202
Tech Regular
 
Redwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto Ontario Canada
Posts: 293
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
If the diff wasn't tightened it's possible for this to occur.
Thanks Randy, I guess that I did not tighten the diff enough. At least I thought I did. Did it, now now binding. Thanks guy.
Redwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #4203
Tech Master
 
drs92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,894
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Nothing needed out of the box. Build it and run it.
Thanks Randy. Just a quick question if you don't mind. What's with the diff case breaking and ball ends popping?
__________________
TLR 22B
drs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #4204
Tech Elite
 
slow_jun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: sa Earth
Posts: 2,723
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
I have 2 complete weekends on mine and have yet to break a part. I have upgraded the ball studs and cups to the ones found on the TLR22. Make sure you get the 10mm long studs if you do!

I ran box stock the first weekend and the car pushed hard and popped ball cups.

I wanted to try the Lutz set up from Reedy for the next weekend but of course the Durango springs are out of stock. I tried to replicate it by using TLR22 springs: orange front and red rear.

I was almost second faster per lap with that set up.
possible if you can snap a pic on the rear right side near the gear cover, need to know if the cups does not bind with the gear cover, is yours RM or MM? im about to change mine to AE studs and Losi cups but i think it will rub with the Gear cover.

thanks,
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mag 3 taon, tapos isalpak pa sa PAGMUMUKHA KO......... tagal....Deeeeymmm!!!
slow_jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #4205
Tech Master
 
Ed237's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dudley PA
Posts: 1,431
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Sorry I cant post a pic: I ran out of 10mm studs and didn't want to risk having a shorter 6mm ball stud rip out of the diff case. The rear links are still Durango.

I'm going to update them ASAP and let you know if they fit. I am running rear motor if that makes a difference for clearance.
__________________
Ed Toth

LCRC Raceway and Bumps & Jumps.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #4206
Tech Elite
 
slow_jun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: sa Earth
Posts: 2,723
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
Sorry I cant post a pic: I ran out of 10mm studs and didn't want to risk having a shorter 6mm ball stud rip out of the diff case. The rear links are still Durango.

I'm going to update them ASAP and let you know if they fit. I am running rear motor if that makes a difference for clearance.
Thanks,
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mag 3 taon, tapos isalpak pa sa PAGMUMUKHA KO......... tagal....Deeeeymmm!!!
slow_jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #4207
Tech Master
 
fullsyzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 1,570
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Regarding spring rates, according to the TD spring chart, light red front springs are rated at 47gf/mm. However, the package on the light red fronts says 49gf/mm. Black front springs on the chart are rated at 49, yet the package says 47. Does anyone know which is correct?



fullsyzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #4208
Tech Master
 
drs92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,894
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
I have 2 complete weekends on mine and have yet to break a part. I have upgraded the ball studs and cups to the ones found on the TLR22. Make sure you get the 10mm long studs if you do!

I ran box stock the first weekend and the car pushed hard and popped ball cups.

I wanted to try the Lutz set up from Reedy for the next weekend but of course the Durango springs are out of stock. I tried to replicate it by using TLR22 springs: orange front and red rear.

I was almost second faster per lap with that set up.
Thanks, whats the fix to these ball cup issues? Also why do I see rear diff cases near the bearing cracking/breaking/ or chipping..w/e you wanna call it
__________________
TLR 22B
drs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #4209
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Stokes, NC
Posts: 6,499
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Here is my V2 from brass.

More holes , and makes the turnbuckles more linear. This is a one off part I made by hand. It's pretty darn close if not perfect.









__________________
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #4210
Tech Elite
 
slow_jun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: sa Earth
Posts: 2,723
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Garcia View Post
Here is my V2 from brass.

More holes , and makes the turnbuckles more linear. This is a one off part I made by hand. It's pretty darn close if not perfect.









Looks sweet and beefy.... me like
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mag 3 taon, tapos isalpak pa sa PAGMUMUKHA KO......... tagal....Deeeeymmm!!!
slow_jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #4211
Tech Addict
 
Mopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santee, Ca
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_jun View Post
possible if you can snap a pic on the rear right side near the gear cover, need to know if the cups does not bind with the gear cover, is yours RM or MM? im about to change mine to AE studs and Losi cups but i think it will rub with the Gear cover.

thanks,
I run the AE TC5 ballstuds and Losi HD ballcups with no gear cover rub. RM3 ballstuds in the outer holes and no shims. Have had no issues what so ever to date 6 weeks of racing. Sorry, I'm at work and can't do a pic.
Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:35 AM   #4212
Tech Elite
 
slow_jun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: sa Earth
Posts: 2,723
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar View Post
I run the AE TC5 ballstuds and Losi HD ballcups with no gear cover rub. RM3 ballstuds in the outer holes and no shims. Have had no issues what so ever to date 6 weeks of racing. Sorry, I'm at work and can't do a pic.
no hurry, only when you can..thanks in advance.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mag 3 taon, tapos isalpak pa sa PAGMUMUKHA KO......... tagal....Deeeeymmm!!!
slow_jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:21 AM   #4213
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Stokes, NC
Posts: 6,499
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_jun View Post
no hurry, only when you can..thanks in advance.
With no guess work involved, just get the Lunsford kit. You won't be dissapointed. I liked it so much, that I ordered my 410v3 kit from [email protected] Lunsford yesterday. Stormed has the kit the cheapest. By the time you gather parts, its not cost effective. Plus you get the punisher turnbuckles, they still have the hole for adjusting the ball stud, and everything is Titanium. How can you go wrong?
__________________
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:39 AM   #4214
Tech Elite
 
slow_jun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: sa Earth
Posts: 2,723
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Garcia View Post
With no guess work involved, just get the Lunsford kit. You won't be dissapointed. I liked it so much, that I ordered my 410v3 kit from [email protected] Lunsford yesterday. Stormed has the kit the cheapest. By the time you gather parts, its not cost effective. Plus you get the punisher turnbuckles, they still have the hole for adjusting the ball stud, and everything is Titanium. How can you go wrong?
i had a spare lunsford buckles that i could not just put aside, anyway i might go for the losi and Ae combos.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mag 3 taon, tapos isalpak pa sa PAGMUMUKHA KO......... tagal....Deeeeymmm!!!
slow_jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:04 AM   #4215
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,480
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsyzz View Post
Regarding spring rates, according to the TD spring chart, light red front springs are rated at 47gf/mm. However, the package on the light red fronts says 49gf/mm. Black front springs on the chart are rated at 49, yet the package says 47. Does anyone know which is correct?



You can use a caliper to measure the coil thickness and come to a conclusion.
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16570 09-23-2017 03:48 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:36 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net