R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2012, 06:49 PM   #4021
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,376
Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
I put the nut on the driver side


Take the day off work.
Now that there is funny- and partly true...
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:15 PM   #4022
Tech Elite
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,641
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
What motor conf. you running? Still...sounds like your setup is unbalanced, better yet. Post it.
rear
RM4 4.5 toe 3 deg kick up/losi 22 pink springs rear-stock 6hole piston-20wt/ stock rear comber setting- -1deg
front
0 trailing / 35deg caster/ linkage stock camber -1deg/0 toe in/ 6 hole piston 25wt

waiting on my shorty packs, running 6000mah 2s battery all the way back...lol

As far as setup goes, I dont even know what to change, there are never setups for 2wd on an outside track like the one I posteed a link to. I have only driven it at the track for 2 days, but it drove very well. It handled very well, cornered very well on and off power, and soaked up the rough stuff and the washbard very well. Any suggestions are welcome
__________________
XRAY / RCAMERICA
JCONCEPTS
RCSHOX
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:56 PM   #4023
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 61
Default

Hi Cpt America,

Thanks for the reply, could u explain what u mean by driver side.

As of now my Nut is on the same side as the Spur Gear. Btw i'm using the RM3 set up.

So if looking from the rear of the buggy, Nut for the ball diff is on my right.

Is that the correct position??

or should it be on the left hand side which is on the same side as the slipper adjustment nut??

How this makes sense.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
I put the nut on the driver side


Take the day off work.
Damn... you got to be joking!!!
kj2682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:38 PM   #4024
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 49
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default durango DEX210

anyone know how to find parts for this thing? I need a new Diff Case, a couple complete ball diff rebuild kits, and a bunch of Diff Rings
I have the upgrade carbine towers, and carbine steering rack. W/ aluminum Shock Collars

















riley lawlor
lawlor.riley@yahoo.com
rtlawlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #4025
Tech Fanatic
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Whats the part number for the alu shock collars? think I found it this right TD330161 Who has them in stock?
Would the losi collars work?
Ill see if I can borrow and try a pair tonight at the track
__________________
XB2 CE
XB4 16
Sanwa
Hobbywing
#kiwipaint on facebook
onekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #4026
Tech Regular
 
iTz IAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chico,CA
Posts: 411
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtlawlor View Post
anyone know how to find parts for this thing? I need a new Diff Case, a couple complete ball diff rebuild kits, and a bunch of Diff Rings
I have the upgrade carbine towers, and carbine steering rack. W/ aluminum Shock Collars







riley lawlor
lawlor.riley@yahoo.com
where did you get those shock towers and what brand are they
iTz IAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:08 AM   #4027
Tech Master
 
jimkoimanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: greenacre
Posts: 1,188
Default

here is my bugle boy body for dex 210 paint by me habib bodies their is a matching under tray for it to ill post pics of it when its finished
__________________
tamiya tao2 gt4,fav,bear hawk,team associated sc10, b4.1, sc18, tc5r,t4 j82. cougar sv pro dirt spec durango dex210 cat sx3 Schumacher k1 tekin gen2 d3.5 17.5 X-ray 808e xray xb9 13 spec os speed 21xz-b spec2
durango 410darc spec orion r10 pro orion vst
sponsored by habib's bodies

Last edited by jimkoimanis; 06-14-2016 at 01:48 AM.
jimkoimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #4028
Tech Fanatic
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I think they are from www.akularacing.co.uk
__________________
XB2 CE
XB4 16
Sanwa
Hobbywing
#kiwipaint on facebook
onekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:51 AM   #4029
Tech Master
 
murky123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: netherlands
Posts: 1,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkoimanis View Post
here is my bugle boy body for dex 210 paint by me habib bodies their is a matching under tray for it to ill post pics of it when its finished

you run Mid? on a clay track ?
__________________
AE SC10 4x4, Durango DEX210 + DESC210R, HB D413
www.rcracing.nl www.mvb.nl
murky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:18 AM   #4030
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,460
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
rear
RM4 4.5 toe 3 deg kick up/losi 22 pink springs rear-stock 6hole piston-20wt/ stock rear comber setting- -1deg
front
0 trailing / 35deg caster/ linkage stock camber -1deg/0 toe in/ 6 hole piston 25wt

waiting on my shorty packs, running 6000mah 2s battery all the way back...lol

As far as setup goes, I dont even know what to change, there are never setups for 2wd on an outside track like the one I posteed a link to. I have only driven it at the track for 2 days, but it drove very well. It handled very well, cornered very well on and off power, and soaked up the rough stuff and the washbard very well. Any suggestions are welcome
The 0 trailing and 35 castor is giving you the most aggressive front end. Kit setting is -4 trailing. I like 30 castor and 3 to 3.5 toe in rear. Your damping is way light. Try these changes and you should see less aggressive going in.
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:48 AM   #4031
Tech Champion
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,003
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz IAN View Post
where did you get those shock towers and what brand are they
Actually those are the pieces from 8-Racing. Tresrey will be importing them soon.
__________________
B6D | B64D

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #4032
Tech Elite
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,641
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
The 0 trailing and 35 castor is giving you the most aggressive front end. Kit setting is -4 trailing. I like 30 castor and 3 to 3.5 toe in rear. Your damping is way light. Try these changes and you should see less aggressive going in.
Ill give it a shot, but the oils is pretty good, altough in the front I could use some more pack. Maybe try the 4 hole in front?

Thanks
__________________
XRAY / RCAMERICA
JCONCEPTS
RCSHOX
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #4033
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,499
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

anyone had a video amain 2wd mod reedy race ? thanks
taztal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:35 AM   #4034
Moderator
 
Posvar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina by way of SoCal!
Posts: 4,596
Trader Rating: 461 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taztal3 View Post
anyone had a video amain 2wd mod reedy race ? thanks
+1
__________________
Having fun with my 9 year old and running Kyosho cars!
Posvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #4035
Tech Master
 
hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,169
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2682 View Post
Hi Cpt America,

Thanks for the reply, could u explain what u mean by driver side.

As of now my Nut is on the same side as the Spur Gear. Btw i'm using the RM3 set up.

So if looking from the rear of the buggy, Nut for the ball diff is on my right.

Is that the correct position??

or should it be on the left hand side which is on the same side as the slipper adjustment nut??

How this makes sense.





Damn... you got to be joking!!!


The left side of the car is the drivers side as if you you were sitting in it looking out the front of the vehicle....if you're running RM3, then the motor is on the left side. The diff nut should be on the left side with the adjustment screw on the right side.


And yes he's joking....sort of. It definitely takes longer than any other car out there to get the diff out but it shouldnt be more than 10-15 minutes total to get it in and out.
__________________
Steve Butts
AKA, TrakPower, Serpent America/Desoto Racing, TrackStar, Futaba, EKD Paints
hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16562 Yesterday 05:07 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:04 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net