Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker
bump to my question, anyone gone back and forth between rear mounts
I've done both. I've found that the RM3 is easier to adjust the nose of the car in the air. RM4 you must get on the brakes faster to get the nose to drop...
Old 01-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I've done both. I've found that the RM3 is easier to adjust the nose of the car in the air. RM4 you must get on the brakes faster to get the nose to drop...
thank you randy.

I've had times where I did use the brakes, and had absolutely no effect haha, the front just kept sailing
Old 01-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah it's a trade off. The RM4 setup is really good at one of my local tracks where forward bite is always at a premium. But the balance means a slight loss in car control.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yeah it's a trade off. The RM4 setup is really good at one of my local tracks where forward bite is always at a premium. But the balance means a slight loss in car control.
If you setup a jump correctly you shouldn't have to do much throttle control in the air. Letting off the throttle just before the front wheels leave the jump will unload the rear-end and the car will start arching instead of launching off the jump.

I'm going to try RM4 on Wednesday along with getting used to my new M11 radio. My track got better but would still love some more rear traction. Need to rebuild my shocks again this week.

For those on the factory 6 hole pistons, are they really noisy? My rears, although not tight, they make a lot of noise against the shock bodies. My fronts are really quiet.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
If you setup a jump correctly you shouldn't have to do much throttle control in the air. Letting off the throttle just before the front wheels leave the jump will unload the rear-end and the car will start arching instead of launching off the jump.

I'm going to try RM4 on Wednesday along with getting used to my new M11 radio. My track got better but would still love some more rear traction. Need to rebuild my shocks again this week.

For those on the factory 6 hole pistons, are they really noisy? My rears, although not tight, they make a lot of noise against the shock bodies. My fronts are really quiet.
yah my rear shocks are that way too? i dont know why mine also seem like they have a little friction at times checked the pistion and it does not rub so Im not sure
Old 01-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by godov
Does anyone have a good setup for carpet.

I'm new to r/c and have no idea what to change in terms of camber, shocks, and all those things...

Thanksa lot.

RP
Start with Jorn's carpet setup from the recent ETS race. It's posted on the TD site.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
Start with Jorn's carpet setup from the recent ETS race. It's posted on the TD site.
Jörns got stuff that others haven't being a team driver, I like Chris Slevins , Craig Collinson, David Poulter or Nathan Waters setups they are pretty similar
Old 01-24-2012, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Yes, you are indeed correct.. But because I'm human, I have difficulty nailing this technique time and time again, especially under pressure.
What I have found helps is, if you add a reasonable amount of drag brake, you can basically go back the same style you were doing with RM3.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks everyone!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by onekiwi
Jörns got stuff that others haven't being a team driver, I like Chris Slevins , Craig Collinson, David Poulter or Nathan Waters setups they are pretty similar
Yeah, and his driving style looks really agressive as well. Point-and-shoot. Not like any other 10th driver I've seen. If I remeber correctly, he's got his 210 set up with a 5.5 turn. It was really cool watching him handle his Dingos at DHI though. I believe he lapped me twice in the 5 minute practice heats...
Old 01-24-2012, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

got my durango yesterday..had to build it MM3 because the seller didnt include the tranny parts for the 4 gear configurations..so much for "new, built, never ran, with all the extras"...I am liking the fact that an Xerun speedo WITH the fan fits under the shell..next on the list a decent servo for it and the 4 gear parts that I am missing.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-001.jpg  
Old 01-24-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
got my durango yesterday..had to build it MM3 because the seller didnt include the tranny parts for the 4 gear configurations..so much for "new, built, never ran, with all the extras"...I am liking the fact that an Xerun speedo WITH the fan fits under the shell..next on the list a decent servo for it and the 4 gear parts that I am missing.
Just missing the two smaller idler gears?
Old 01-24-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Just missing the two smaller idler gears?
smaller gears, bearings, 2nd idler shaft, R lexan "cowl" for the mid layouts.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
smaller gears, bearings, 2nd idler shaft, R lexan "cowl" for the mid layouts.
Strange those would be missing.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Strange those would be missing.
It was built RM3 when I received it..The guy claims to have not known those parts were supposed to be therebut this is after the ad claimed HE bought it and built it, then I find out that someone else bought it and built it and sold it to the fellow I bought it from..I did get a good price on it considering it never had electronics in it, but for whats missing I should have just bought a NIB kit..few other tidbits missing also(toe inserts for R hubs,caster inserts for the c-hubs)..Like i said .. so much for "new, built, never ran with the extras" I think i may request a partial refund after I tally the cost of the parts that were supposed to be there...And yes I did go COMPLETELY through the car before loading electronics in...the diff was horrible..smooth as silk now though..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.