R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #3721
Tech Champion
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,003
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
You know the kit comes with blank, 2, and 3 hole pistons? I don't understand why anyone would ruin a set of 6 holes.
Mine came with blank, 1.2 six hole and 1.3 six hole.
__________________
B6D | B64D

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #3722
Tech Master
 
Autocratic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
Mine came with blank, 1.2 six hole and 1.3 six hole.
Ah, ok. Doesn't surprise me though considering all the stories of missing parts. I have enough pistons to make a few different complete sets of shocks.
__________________
Thanks to my sponsors for 2015!
XFactory RC | Proline Racing | Fantom Racing | Avid RC | Speed Passion USA | Factory1 | Hy-Traction Juice | Mike's Hobby Shop
Autocratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #3723
Tech Regular
 
iTz IAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chico,CA
Posts: 411
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
+1000000000
iTz IAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:48 PM   #3724
Tech Fanatic
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
That's what I thought. I'll hold off till I find rears all around. Anyone have extras PM me!! I would pay!!
I can get the shock stand offs, Ill see what my source has in stock... but don't you need a larger hole or plastic balls in the shock cap hole?

I have extras from my 410 Ill check but im sure they didn't fit without modding

autocadsteve197:
Im a beginner and thought this build was great, and reading what you wrote it doesn't sound like you read this thread at all, maybe jumped in near the end.
Manual use the online one
I also got an extra bag or two with the parts that were missing
Grease I got both the green and white pot
C Clip I just filed down a pair of long nose pliers it works a treat
Im not really happy with having to change rims but I do prefer the hexes to pins maybe no need for 14mm hexes but they have to make money as well

Take a deep breath, Read the thread then drive it, its a great car
__________________
XB2 CE
XB4 16
Sanwa
Hobbywing
#kiwipaint on facebook

Last edited by onekiwi; 01-20-2012 at 12:07 AM.
onekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:10 AM   #3725
Tech Fanatic
 
autocadsteve197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Queensland, Australia, Earth, Galaxy, Universe, A Childs Sandpit
Posts: 937
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onekiwi View Post
autocadsteve197:
Im a beginner and thought this build was great, and reading what you wrote it doesn't sound like you read this thread at all, maybe jumped in near the end.
Manual use the online one
I also got an extra bag or two with the parts that were missing
Grease I got both the green and white pot
C Clip I just filed down a pair of long nose pliers it works a treat
Im not really happy with having to change rims but I do prefer the hexes to pins maybe no need for 14mm hexes but they have to make money as well

Take a deep breath, Read the thread then drive it, its a great car
Yeah, I did read the first 20 or so pages back when the car wasn't out everywhere yet, but to my surprise today its up to page 90 or so, so yeah I didn't read the thread, just posted my thoughts..

Well, I've nearly finished the build. Just gotta do the shocks. Now, about that.. The online manual AND the boxed version are both wrong when it comes to the part numbers they are listing for building the shocks.. Now, yeah, I've built plenty of cars, and yeah I can see what parts I really need.. But that's not the point. It's wrong plain and simple.. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.. It doesn't give me faith that other stages of the build are right now either.. What if we are supposed to use 2 shims instead the stated 3 for example? I haven't built a car this wrong in a long time.. It seems TD's morals lie in the 1/8th scale arena and the 1/10th is just to compete in the market.. Why not put the same effort in to the 1/10th also? Also whats with the little shock parts? I have tiny pistons and tiny preload screw downs. If TD want to "make money" they should stop making parts and shipping them out for a TRF416 instead of putting them in the dex210 box . Anyway, I'll race it tomorrow in the RM 3 gear style and see how it goes..
__________________
God is Science to the Disbelievers!
autocadsteve197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:03 AM   #3726
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 708
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Uhm.. What?
No need to be obtuse. He's asking/stating if/that you need to run an undertray with the carbon chassis and that's it's a little too much bling for him. Pretty easy to figure out actually
adam lancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:11 AM   #3727
Tech Fanatic
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

The small pistons are for the 410 small bore shocks they are just on the parts tree, and the screw is for the bleeder cap, you'll love that, a lot easier to build with bleeders.

I like what TD are doing, they have amended the manual and give nice updates with vids to help with building and running.
__________________
XB2 CE
XB4 16
Sanwa
Hobbywing
#kiwipaint on facebook
onekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #3728
Tech Elite
 
Bugle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 2,082
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos69 View Post
Try Bugle Boy Racing (website is temporarily down atm ; PM Bugle)

Fit is ace and includes a front bumper.

8racing also does a neat carbon chassis. I can't give any feedback as I haven't had enough track time yet thanks to all the rain here lately in Oz (La Niņa)
Site wasn't down, your link was wrong Fixed it
__________________
http://bugleboyracing.com/

http://stivesrc.org.au/
Bugle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:39 AM   #3729
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,460
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Garcia View Post
Guys I just purchased a DEX210. I am looking foward to running it. I have the Diggity towers and brace, Racers Edge rack, and SC10 gear diff just as a option for now. I am wiring and setting up my car for the weekend. Can someone put me in the right direction for a base setup. Clay HIGH grip indoor RM3, thanks in advance,. On a side note, are the spring kits neccessary? Or the essential two or three pairs. And also, where can I find the alloy foward rear hinge pin holder?
Finally see the grass is greener...

Sup Bud. I've had good success using this to start with. Only change I've made was adding 3/4 oz. inside front bulkehead. Losi 35 front/30 rear, 1.3 x 4 pistons all around.
Don't forget the JConcepts Gold Barcodes's. V2's in rear....yeah shameless plug. Use AKA red inserts for rear.
Don't really need spring kit unless you plan on getting the DEX410 V3 too! lol

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...es20111016.pdf

Last edited by kwiksi; 01-20-2012 at 03:52 AM.
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:26 AM   #3730
Tech Addict
 
Carlos69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugle View Post
Site wasn't down, your link was wrong Fixed it
ha, I had forgotten you had changed address (from beta) sorted now !
Carlos69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:55 AM   #3731
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Stokes, NC
Posts: 6,453
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
Finally see the grass is greener...

Sup Bud. I've had good success using this to start with. Only change I've made was adding 3/4 oz. inside front bulkehead. Losi 35 front/30 rear, 1.3 x 4 pistons all around.
Don't forget the JConcepts Gold Barcodes's. V2's in rear....yeah shameless plug. Use AKA red inserts for rear.
Don't really need spring kit unless you plan on getting the DEX410 V3 too! lol

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...es20111016.pdf
What up Dave.... I'm giving the 210 a shakedown. I really like the way the kit is built. I have to finish the shocks today, paint tomorrow, get some track time possibly Sunday. Thanks for the setup. You coming to Motorama?

Mopar, its on a hook for now.
__________________
Serpent USA www.serpentamerica.com, King Max Servos, Gens Ace, MIP, www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #3732
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,083
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocadsteve197 View Post
Yeah, I did read the first 20 or so pages back when the car wasn't out everywhere yet, but to my surprise today its up to page 90 or so, so yeah I didn't read the thread, just posted my thoughts..

Well, I've nearly finished the build. Just gotta do the shocks. Now, about that.. The online manual AND the boxed version are both wrong when it comes to the part numbers they are listing for building the shocks.. Now, yeah, I've built plenty of cars, and yeah I can see what parts I really need.. But that's not the point. It's wrong plain and simple.. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.. It doesn't give me faith that other stages of the build are right now either.. What if we are supposed to use 2 shims instead the stated 3 for example? I haven't built a car this wrong in a long time.. It seems TD's morals lie in the 1/8th scale arena and the 1/10th is just to compete in the market.. Why not put the same effort in to the 1/10th also? Also whats with the little shock parts? I have tiny pistons and tiny preload screw downs. If TD want to "make money" they should stop making parts and shipping them out for a TRF416 instead of putting them in the dex210 box . Anyway, I'll race it tomorrow in the RM 3 gear style and see how it goes..
Maybe you got some strange version of the kit or the manual, or both.. because mine was nothing like that at all. There were a couple of times where the manual stated the wrong length of screw for the steering pivot I think.. but it was pretty obvious that the stated length wouldn't of worked, and the two screws left over were better. Nowhere in this build did I see ANYTHING as bad as you are leading on. I will admit I had a missing screw, but I found it in the "extra bag of screws" they included in all their kits just in case there is a missing screw.

The only short comings in the build I found, was a lack of description on putting together the diff. They were not specific on the thrust washers, or the circlip.... but that shouldn't of gotten you as it has been discussed ad nauseam, here in this thread.

Perhaps you are new to building kits, I don't know...but if so, it would make sense as this is NOT an easy build for a new kit builder. Anybody with a few kits under their belt should have zero issues, as long as you come here for information on the diff
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #3733
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,083
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam lancia View Post
No need to be obtuse. He's asking/stating if/that you need to run an undertray with the carbon chassis and that's it's a little too much bling for him. Pretty easy to figure out actually
I wasn't being obtuse ( )... What he said literally doesn't make sense. And considering he was stating that an undertray is "too much bling"... I couldn't even infer what he might actually be talking about. All I said is that they should include an undertray for a carbon chassis... that's it.
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #3734
Tech Elite
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,641
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

The only thing wrong in the instruction manual I found was in regaurds to the two plastic washers that sit on top of the front rear toe block. Other than that, piece of cake. This is only my 3rd kit I have put together, so I would hardly call myself experienced, as far as building different brand kits goes.
I was really impressed with the build... no slop in the front end, none!
__________________
XRAY / RCAMERICA
JCONCEPTS
RCSHOX
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #3735
Tech Fanatic
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Gear diff is coming

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91064
__________________
XB2 CE
XB4 16
Sanwa
Hobbywing
#kiwipaint on facebook
onekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16564 08-19-2017 05:06 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (2 members and 2 guests)
EbbTide, Speed Chaser
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net