Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree26Likes

Old 01-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #3676
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan42r View Post
hey randy, are you still running the same setup from page 81? need somewhere to start, i run indoor/clay med to high bite and i plan on using shorty packs. thanks
No, close to it though. I'm up in shock oil weight by 50-100. Also added 3/4 oz in the rear. I'm using a 2nd battery "stop" and have the weight placed in the void behind it on the chassis. I then run a Protek shorty with the pad in front.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #3677
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopsing View Post
Med to high bite clay...... we have to run JConcepts gold barcodes on front and ProLine MC Suburb version 1's in the rear with PL closed cell foam all around for both 2wd and 4wd drive.

Here is one of the Invite runs from 2011's Reedy Race held at WCRC in La Mirada, CA where it will be again this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq_kQGTOxd4
Tight & slow track.

I wish my local track was high bite. I'm struggling to make a low-med bite dry clay/mix setup. Right now I'm on kit setup, 35/30 oil, 3mm under rear ballstud, rear lower shock outside hole.

Interesting that they pick your tires.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #3678
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posvar View Post
I see you rocking the full size lipo. Is that what you run all the time?
I actually prefer the shorty packs. With a shorty pack my car weighs 1505grams versus the 1722 it does with a regular pack.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #3679
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
Tight & slow track.

Interesting that they pick your tires.
Keeps everyone on a somewhat level playing field.....if everyone is on the same tires and foam, then it comes down to car set up and driving ability.....eliminates one costly variable.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #3680
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark413 View Post
I like how it uses the t-nuts instead of the thumbscrews. What do you have to modify to make it fit? Looks like all you have to do is shorten the overall length. It looks like a very clean install.
I believe that you have to shorten the overall length by taking a little off the back but the main thing is the height of the bar. You have to dremel the height in half to get it to slide under the body mount piece. The t-nuts are nice because it's only a 1/4 turn instead of 15... LOL
Old 01-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #3681
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyHarris View Post
I actually prefer the shorty packs. With a shorty pack my car weighs 1505grams versus the 1722 it does with a regular pack.
What electronics are you running? I'm 1560g with a 200g shorty. I'd love to drop another 60g.

Quote:
Keeps everyone on a somewhat level playing field.....if everyone is on the same tires and foam, then it comes down to car set up and driving ability.....eliminates one costly variable.
Makes sense. Are the Proline foams any good?
Old 01-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #3682
Tech Master

Quote:
Interesting, how does you car only weigh 1505g? Mine has always been over 1600 with a shorty pack and now I've added the Ti turnbuckles and a some Ti screws, but added the sway bar, aluminum servo arm, and the steel shock mounts. I'm at 1640 right now. I'd still be at around 1600 with the Ti and without the swaybar, etc. Thats with body, wheels/tires on...ready to race.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #3683
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

i didn't know short packs weighed 220 grams less than longs :P
rc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #3684
Tech Regular

I am running an Airtronics 774 servo, Lrp sxx V1, Reedy sonic 7.5, and m11x Receiver, and an old personal transponder.

With the Losi shorty I'm right at 1500g.. I have the lunsford turnbuckels with all AE ballstuds. Aside from that I'm straight out of the box aside from some bling. I haven't done anything special to drop weight... That's with tires and body ready to eat!
Old 01-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #3685
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc23 View Post
i didn't know short packs weighed 220 grams less than longs :P
Made some adjustments between the weigh ins... lol
Old 01-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #3686
Tech Master

Quote:
I am running an Airtronics 774 servo, Lrp sxx V1, Reedy sonic 7.5, and m11x Receiver, and an old personal transponder.

With the Losi shorty I'm right at 1500g.. I have the lunsford turnbuckels with all AE ballstuds. Aside from that I'm straight out of the box aside from some bling. I haven't done anything special to drop weight... That's with tires and body ready to eat!
Interesting....
Old 01-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #3687
Tech Master

Quote:

Hmm...I need to find 60g in my car to drop. Time for Lunsford turnbuckles, hinge pins, and build my own Ti screw kit. Should cut some there.

I'm full on carbon too, other than chassis.

Tekin RS, Spektrum SR300 (big receiver) & capacitor, S6040 servo, Losi aluminum servo horn, Trinity D3 6.5.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #3688
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
Hmm...I need to find 60g in my car to drop. Time for Lunsford turnbuckles, hinge pins, and build my own Ti screw kit. Should cut some there.

I'm full on carbon too, other than chassis.

Tekin RS, Spektrum SR300 (big receiver) & capacitor, S6040 servo, Losi aluminum servo horn, Trinity D3 6.5.
I need to find a 100, And I already have Ti turnbuckles and some Ti screws.... Seriously though, my car is real good at this weight so I dont see needing to make it lighter, but I wouldn't mind dropping about 40g's
Old 01-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #3689
Tech Regular

To me, the crazy thing is people adding weight... I don't see the need. This is the most tunable car on the market that can be up to 1/2 pounds heavy already... Why add weight? ha
Old 01-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #3690
Tech Master

Quote:
I need to find a 100, And I already have Ti turnbuckles and some Ti screws.... Seriously though, my car is real good at this weight so I dont see needing to make it lighter, but I wouldn't mind dropping about 40g's
Did you build your own Ti screw set or buy another kit's that has most of the stuff?

Quote:
To me, the crazy thing is people adding weight... I don't see the need. This is the most tunable car on the market that can be up to 1/2 pounds heavy already... Why add weight? ha
I don't mind adding weight, as long as it's used to balance the weight distribution.

I'm looking to drop that 60gs, and then add a little back to even the corners out.