R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree27Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #2296
Tech Elite
 
tomdav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Coo.. whip
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Giving the car a once over I noticed the outdrives are showing a bit of wear. The RB5 I just sold with 10 times as much run time showed less wear. Has anyone else seen this?
__________________
Tom
The Couve, WA

davesrctracks.net
tomdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #2297
Tech Master
 
hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,169
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdav View Post
Giving the car a once over I noticed the outdrives are showing a bit of wear. The RB5 I just sold with 10 times as much run time showed less wear. Has anyone else seen this?
Hmm, I'll have to look at mine when I get back into town. How many runs are on it? I just looked at mine the other day and from what I remember mine looked perfect after about 20 packs through it.

I will say that after 25 packs through my car, that wear on the suspension parts is near non-existent so far on the 210. I've seen Losi22 parts that are worn and loose after one race day (that steering rack is horrible from what I've seen).
__________________
Steve Butts
AKA, TrakPower, Serpent America/Desoto Racing, TrackStar, Futaba, EKD Paints
hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #2298
Tech Elite
 
tomdav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Coo.. whip
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

One race day, so about 8 to 10 packs. The rest of the car is still tight and slop free.
__________________
Tom
The Couve, WA

davesrctracks.net
tomdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:22 AM   #2299
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Matt now that i finally got a day of testing i know what i am sending you to try out.
If it's a rear shock tower I have one from Atomic Carbon on the way, should be here beginning of the week.
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:19 AM   #2300
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,377
Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default

Well, I did the "first time out thing" and I have to say the car is good, my setup was a bit off, but the car still behaved better than it should have, and every change made good progress. Started out with a on/off steering push, and after 2 heats and the "B" it was getting competitive. Stayed after and ran a few more packs, and after a couple more changes, the car was on pace. Some more fine tuning and I think it'll be golden. Through all this it was still very easy to drive..I found the car very durable, no problems with anything, although I did boil my ball cups, after hearing others have an issue with them popping..never had an issue..
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:36 AM   #2301
Tech Master
 
murky123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: netherlands
Posts: 1,031
Default

manage to fit a complet Xerun V2.1 120A speedo incl the fan under the body.

I had my doubts at first couse the speedon with fan is fairy high


__________________
AE SC10 4x4, Durango DEX210 + DESC210R, HB D413
www.rcracing.nl www.mvb.nl
murky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:39 AM   #2302
Tech Elite
 
kwiksi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,485
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kwiksi
Default

What motor you running? I run Speed Passion which is pretty much the same internally and don't even bother with fan. Ran it with as low as a 8.5 with no issues. Now 4wd is another story.
__________________
Thanks in 2017 to

Xray/RC America - JConcepts - Trinity - Sanwa - Hobbywing - Exotek - PT Racing Oils -Schelle

Last edited by kwiksi; 11-27-2011 at 09:52 AM.
kwiksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #2303
Tech Master
 
murky123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: netherlands
Posts: 1,031
Default

I have a speedpassion ultra sportsman 10.5T
I run it boosted and with timing.
__________________
AE SC10 4x4, Durango DEX210 + DESC210R, HB D413
www.rcracing.nl www.mvb.nl
murky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #2304
Tech Addict
 
JOJOHAMBONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: College Place, WA
Posts: 655
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default going to order mine soon

hi im going to order my dex210 soon and i was wondering what battery i should get because i've been hearing alot of people are running the short packs. the motor set up im going to run is a tekin rs pro with a 8.5t tekin motor. what is the advantage to running the short packs? also what gear set up is a good starting one i run on a tight indoor clay track and a fairly large outdoor clay track. mid motor 4,rear motor 4,rear motor 3, mid motor 3. what are most people running and what would be the best all around set up as far as that goes?
thanks blake
__________________
Blake Morris
-521 Designs-Tony's Hobby+Video-R&L R/C Products-Richards and Lees Cabinets-
**2014 XB4**Tekin RSX, REDLINE 5.5t, Protek Servo, Revtech Formula X Batteries
JOJOHAMBONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #2305
Tech Fanatic
 
jurquhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Williamsburg, Virginia
Posts: 838
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

could someone please post where they have carbon fiber shock towers for the rear and on a different note I believe I saw a carbon fiber chasis for the buggy and was curious if anyone has tried it or has an opinion on it.
__________________
John Urquhart
Sponsors include Caster Racing USA, Radiopost, and Trick-parts.com
Caster F8T e-Truggy with Tekin RX8 & 2000 motor Radiopost radio & servos
jurquhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #2306
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,682
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOHAMBONE View Post
hi im going to order my dex210 soon and i was wondering what battery i should get because i've been hearing alot of people are running the short packs. the motor set up im going to run is a tekin rs pro with a 8.5t tekin motor. what is the advantage to running the short packs? also what gear set up is a good starting one i run on a tight indoor clay track and a fairly large outdoor clay track. mid motor 4,rear motor 4,rear motor 3, mid motor 3. what are most people running and what would be the best all around set up as far as that goes?
thanks blake
Short packs make a change in how much the car weights and handles. I prefer to run them in mine after testing back to back. The simple ability to shift the weight of the pack front to back is a huge factor. There are setups on TD's website for both battery types.

I've gone back and forth between RM4 and RM3 and if I need rear grip RM4 is where it's at. If I need steering RM3 provides more.
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #2307
Tech Elite
 
1armed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 3,075
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1armed1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurquhart View Post
could someone please post where they have carbon fiber shock towers for the rear and on a different note I believe I saw a carbon fiber chasis for the buggy and was curious if anyone has tried it or has an opinion on it.
http://www.8-racing.de/shop/carbonch...category_id=33

I got the front and rear towers shipped in a hurry for right at 61.00
1armed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #2308
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 796
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
Well, I did the "first time out thing" and I have to say the car is good, my setup was a bit off, but the car still behaved better than it should have, and every change made good progress. Started out with a on/off steering push, and after 2 heats and the "B" it was getting competitive. Stayed after and ran a few more packs, and after a couple more changes, the car was on pace. Some more fine tuning and I think it'll be golden. Through all this it was still very easy to drive..I found the car very durable, no problems with anything, although I did boil my ball cups, after hearing others have an issue with them popping..never had an issue..
i agree completly. the first night out, the car wasw better than i was! i think it will only get better
redracerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #2309
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,081
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopsing View Post
Just a quick pic from my club race at SDRC Raceway in San Diego on Wednesday night....that's Patrick See's 210 behind mine. I qualified 3rd and Patrick 4th in 2wd exp mod. I led half the race and had a brain anurism dropping me to 3rd/4th. Got back to 2nd and blew it again dropping to 3rd again. Patrick had some bad luck and had to pull off for 4 laps before rejoining the race. I did set hero lap for that particular run though so I know the car is fast
I came out to SDRC Friday night, down from Washington on vacation, and sat and chatted it up with Patrick for most of the night. SDRC is a great facility, great track, and the people seem great as well. Patrick hooked me up with a huge stack of 210 wheels in black that he didn't want to run... i still need to paypal him.... you were MIA! Maybe next time.

-Cpt.
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #2310
Tech Master
 
hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,169
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOHAMBONE View Post
hi im going to order my dex210 soon and i was wondering what battery i should get because i've been hearing alot of people are running the short packs. the motor set up im going to run is a tekin rs pro with a 8.5t tekin motor. what is the advantage to running the short packs? also what gear set up is a good starting one i run on a tight indoor clay track and a fairly large outdoor clay track. mid motor 4,rear motor 4,rear motor 3, mid motor 3. what are most people running and what would be the best all around set up as far as that goes?
thanks blake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Short packs make a change in how much the car weights and handles. I prefer to run them in mine after testing back to back. The simple ability to shift the weight of the pack front to back is a huge factor. There are setups on TD's website for both battery types.

I've gone back and forth between RM4 and RM3 and if I need rear grip RM4 is where it's at. If I need steering RM3 provides more
.

+1 I ran the shorty back to back to back against a standard pack and I wont go back to the standard. With the weight of standard packs getting up to the 280-300+ gram range, the 200 gram shorty just makes more sense.
__________________
Steve Butts
AKA, TrakPower, Serpent America/Desoto Racing, TrackStar, Futaba, EKD Paints
hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16572 10-14-2017 01:35 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:02 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net