Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Rookie

I will be running in the stock blinky class in a couple weeks, and I will be using the novak ballistic 17.5. I have read the 87t spur is way to big for 17.5 motors so I ordered the RW 69, 75, 81 and 85 spur gear. Does anyone have a suggestion for gearing this buggy?

Also, any suggestions for an esc? I was looking at the team Orion, and the hobbywing looks identical. My other inclination is a LRP. What do you guys think?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markhat250
Anyone wanna show me what's in bag A? or a list of the parts? I may be missing it altogether. The manual is pretty horrendous. Great pix for sure, but the rest has a lot to be desired. Thanks if anyone has this. .
It's the one apperantly with the 3x7x3 steering bearings and whatnot. Again...not sure, cuz I don't have it .
Old 11-25-2011, 12:31 AM
Tech Regular

It's the one apperantly with the 3x7x3 steering bearings and whatnot. Again...not sure, cuz I don't have it .
there you go:

http://www.rcindependent.com/wbb2/th...4ae5991cdbd2b4

kind regards
Old 11-25-2011, 12:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jivey
Also, any suggestions for an esc? I was looking at the team Orion, and the hobbywing looks identical. My other inclination is a LRP. What do you guys think?
Any of those will do, speed passion is a good ecs as well as Tekin. Viper I have only heard good things about.

I think it all comes down to your wallet size and what you want.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

I had Tekin for the last three years, and loved them, giving the Orion a try right now, but if we ever ran boosted 17.5, I would use a Tekin, although blinky mode would even things out. Actually the Hobby wing looks more like an LRP to me... 17.5 blinky will more about which motor you pick IMO ..
Old 11-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

I will be running in the stock blinky class in a couple weeks, and I will be using the novak ballistic 17.5. I have read the 87t spur is way to big for 17.5 motors so I ordered the RW 69, 75, 81 and 85 spur gear. Does anyone have a suggestion for gearing this buggy?

I'm geared at 75/31 right now, might go up tooth or two still. I'm running Speed Passion, which is pretty much the same thing as Orion and hobbywing programming, very good stuff!!
Old 11-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Just a quick pic from my club race at SDRC Raceway in San Diego on Wednesday night....that's Patrick See's 210 behind mine. I qualified 3rd and Patrick 4th in 2wd exp mod. I led half the race and had a brain anurism dropping me to 3rd/4th. Got back to 2nd and blew it again dropping to 3rd again. Patrick had some bad luck and had to pull off for 4 laps before rejoining the race. I did set hero lap for that particular run though so I know the car is fast

My car is just soo easy to drive that any mistakes made is purely my fault.....cant wait to hit the track again!

I have a starting set up for loose to med grip indoor clay on Petit RC..... the grip came up a little at my local track so I had to make a couple of small adjustments. This car responds soo well to minor changes. Just awesome.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-wp_001232.jpg  

Last edited by hopsing; 11-25-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hopsing
Just a quick pic from my club race at SDRC Raceway in San Diego on Wednesday night....that's Patrick See's 210 behind mine. I qualified 3rd and Patrick 4th in 2wd exp mod. I led half the race and had a brain anurism dropping me to 3rd/4th. Got back to 2nd and blew it again dropping to 3rd again. Patrick had some bad luck and had to pull off for 4 laps before rejoining the race. I did set hero lap for that particular run though so I know the car is fast

My car is just soo easy to drive that any mistakes made is purely my fault.....cant wait to hit the track again!

I have a starting set up for loose to med grip indoor clay on Petit RC..... the grip came up a little at my local track so I had to make a couple of small adjustments. This car responds soo well to minor changes. Just awesome.
I hope I find the car easy to drive, that is definitely something I could use..

Finished mine tonight, again not the easiest build, but lack of sleep may have played some part of that.. I destroyed my first diff retaining clip, but there was a Fastenal shop local that had a replacement. I found a spring steel instead of the stainless, I think it will hold up a little better, and they are cheaper..
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...u=35200&ucst=t

Durango DEX210 Thread-210-1.jpgDurango DEX210 Thread-210-2.jpgDurango DEX210 Thread-210-3.jpgDurango DEX210 Thread-210-4.jpg

Last edited by flame56mx; 11-25-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i am really debating on buying this buggy, i'm torn between two buggies, the rcb8.2 and then the durango, had a chance to see one in action today and man was it nice, just checking it out was nice, very well built.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by triplesix
Much appreciated. Very helpful link.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
I hope I find the car easy to drive......
....again not the easiest build, but lack of sleep may have played some part of that.
I doubt it was the sleep.

This car I thought was a nightmare build. Don't hate.... just talking about build only. The car is quality and looks to drive pretty sweet. But I was very un-impressed with the build, instructions, manual, and packaging. Have some calipers out!!!! or you have to memorize what part number the bolts are, cuz you couldn't assume anything. This was because of the 4.3 million different screws and their individual different lengths. Then all the plastic doo dads and spacers and uggg. Terrible build. BUT....once built, it looks like that all goes away. Car good. Build bad.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

WEll finally got a chance to run a few packs through the car on a blown out outdoor track in MM4 config. I must say that i am impressed with the out of the box handling and at this point I dont even know what I would change on it and thats a good thing. It has tons of mid corner steering and decent grip all the way around. I went with RCshox 2 stage pistons 4 hole 1.3/1.4 with 17.5wt in the front and 15 in the back and the AE garodisc. Even that thin the car would not chassis slap and has plenty of pack, the chassis barely has any scratches on it at all. I cant wait to get on a track with grip and see how it performs but so far i am liking the MM4. now on the not so good, on the third pack i let a friend take some laps and on about the 5th lap he started having traction issues and kept tagging the walls so i pulled it and went to twist the dif and "POP" something broke or got bound up. At the time it sounded like i snapped a screw inside the dif and it lost drive. When i got home and took it apart sure enough the clip came out of the groove, so used the guide and put it all back together again (lots of screws!) and it did it again with in 1min of me twisting the dif. obviously this is a problem, i know this has been talked about but it sux!
Old 11-26-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
WEll finally got a chance to run a few packs through the car on a blown out outdoor track in MM4 config. I must say that i am impressed with the out of the box handling and at this point I dont even know what I would change on it and thats a good thing. It has tons of mid corner steering and decent grip all the way around. I went with RCshox 2 stage pistons 4 hole 1.3/1.4 with 17.5wt in the front and 15 in the back and the AE garodisc. Even that thin the car would not chassis slap and has plenty of pack, the chassis barely has any scratches on it at all. I cant wait to get on a track with grip and see how it performs but so far i am liking the MM4. now on the not so good, on the third pack i let a friend take some laps and on about the 5th lap he started having traction issues and kept tagging the walls so i pulled it and went to twist the dif and "POP" something broke or got bound up. At the time it sounded like i snapped a screw inside the dif and it lost drive. When i got home and took it apart sure enough the clip came out of the groove, so used the guide and put it all back together again (lots of screws!) and it did it again with in 1min of me twisting the dif. obviously this is a problem, i know this has been talked about but it sux!
I think its time to look into a more HD snap ring...Not the thickness, or the OD, but the width of the ring that retains its tension, or possibly one thats slightly larger on the OD, so it wont loose its tension when compressed to get it into the groove. also a spring steel snap ring may just be the solution instead of stainless..stainless doesnt have as good of "memory" as spring or case hardened steel..Just my thoughts on that..I personallly am going to wait a bit I think to see if peeps keep having diff issues and broken R tower issues, and see how durango adresses the issues had.....
Old 11-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

so when is the gear dif option coming??
Old 11-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Much appreciated. Very helpful link.
X that for sure, Iv'e been holding off too as my experience with the Desc410R wasn't exactly stellar. Seeing the bits assembled is helpful as I know the manual probably sucks wad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.