R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree23Likes

Old 11-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #2191
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
Nice install! Where did you stash that massive SP capacitor? I just put a GT 2.0 in Cush's buggy and went with a different cap for space reasons.
Its on the chassis right behind the battery under the "bulkhead" that the battery strap goes under. Plenty of wasted space back there with a shorty pack!

I'll get a good picture of it tomorrow showing how it sits and how the wiring was run.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:53 PM   #2192
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopsing View Post
Its on the chassis right behind the battery under the "bulkhead" that the battery strap goes under. Plenty of wasted space back there with a shorty pack!

I'll get a good picture of it tomorrow showing how it sits and how the wiring was run.
That explains it, thanks. Shorty packs are ordered but not here yet so I was still working with a full size stick
Futaba | Strictly R/C- Norridge, IL
Thank you all for the help and support!
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:45 AM   #2193
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkoimanis View Post
this my dex210 running mid mount with 7.5 and orion esc i race in australia
you have got some serious preload on those rear shocks
Smartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:48 AM   #2194
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm.stites View Post
can anyone telling me the axle size for the 210? just ordered one and am looking to make sure i have the right adapters for my setup station.
has anyone figured out how to use the hudy setup station with the front axles of the 210?

DURANGO DESC410R
x7tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:30 AM   #2195
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
I have.... 6 hole 1.3's with 35w losi in front and 6 hole 1.2 with 30w losi in rear. Running RM3 and stock Dk blue front and Lt blue rear springs. 24mm ride height. Rear shocks mounted inside on tower, middle on arm. Front shocks middle on tower, inside on arm. Running a shorty pack mounted towards rear (see my pics a few posts back). Only camber link difference was on the rear, running the 3rd hole out on the hub instead of the 2nd hole like the instructions state. 30deg caster, 4mm trailing axle, 5mm for the bump steer spacers. Also running on med-high bite clay. Was real easy to drive, jumped well and real good traction.....should be a good starting point to work from.
Thanks I will will try that out
Old 11-22-2011, 05:42 AM   #2196
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ok just to make sure !!! LOL on the diff. large washer against the snap ring... snap ring bevel against the large washer.. diff nut on drivers side of car on RM3 or 4 correct ?
Old 11-22-2011, 06:20 AM   #2197
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
well here is my temporary shot at a rear shock tower! i know its not going to break, just kinda ugly but black allen heads will make it look better!

i also added two more holes on each side for more shock adjustments. it should hopefully last until durango changes their plastic or comes up with a solution. it is billet delrin with two .040 carbon plates for flex.
have a peice of 3/16 g-10 plate that will serve as mine..thinking about adding a 2nd set of holes a little higher(+2mm "Z" height) for eliminating the cvd bind that some are seeing at full down travel...I hate adding spacers inside shocks because as soon as iI get a set of shocks set up limited I will find a track that requires that little extra down travel,LOL
Old 11-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #2198
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUZUM View Post
Ok just to make sure !!! LOL on the diff. large washer against the snap ring... snap ring bevel against the large washer.. diff nut on drivers side of car on RM3 or 4 correct ?
Yes,
Old 11-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #2199
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

2wdMod- the dex210 comes with droop screws in the arms so you don't have to limit the shocks internally
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #2200
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Matt, i havent forgotten about ya, let me get some track time on the 210 and will have your stuff out to you next week.

maybe this has been covered but does the 4gear tranny have a different gear ratio? i cant for the life of me get my 8.5 to go anywhere with the stock spur and 26t pinion, feelsl ike it needs at least 4 more teeth.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:22 AM   #2201
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdMod View Post
have a peice of 3/16 g-10 plate that will serve as mine..thinking about adding a 2nd set of holes a little higher(+2mm "Z" height) for eliminating the cvd bind that some are seeing at full down travel...I hate adding spacers inside shocks because as soon as iI get a set of shocks set up limited I will find a track that requires that little extra down travel,LOL
i thought about using straight G10 but you will notice that the tower needs to be .215" thick in order for the wing mounts to attach properly and not mess up the for/aft shock angles. i actually sourced out some black G10 which i may go to if this one fails.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #2202
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Matt, i havent forgotten about ya, let me get some track time on the 210 and will have your stuff out to you next week.

maybe this has been covered but does the 4gear tranny have a different gear ratio? i cant for the life of me get my 8.5 to go anywhere with the stock spur and 26t pinion, feelsl ike it needs at least 4 more teeth.
I've got other stuff to test this weekend so I can wait a bit longer.

The ratio is the same between the 3 and 4 gear transmission.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:40 AM   #2203
Tech Master

Quote:

Throw a little timing into the speedo, or even the motor. Or better yet, drop the spur gear down in size. You can use RW spurs or you can use a Schumacher one with no mods. (an AE one will work if you ream the middle out). I run a 7.5 with a 25 pinion and have it "boosted" slightly. I'll be switching to a 83 Schuey spur though for my next outing to try out.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #2204
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7tristan View Post
has anyone figured out how to use the hudy setup station with the front axles of the 210?
I haven't used it with the 210 yet (not finished building) but it should be the same as with the B4.1. You just need to have some spacers, if you don't have any, I've used bearings, washers and even the cones from the rear axles.
Diff Balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #2205
Tech Champion

Quote:
Throw a little timing into the speedo, or even the motor. Or better yet, drop the spur gear down in size. You can use RW spurs or you can use a Schumacher one with no mods. (an AE one will work if you ream the middle out). I run a 7.5 with a 25 pinion and have it "boosted" slightly. I'll be switching to a 83 Schuey spur though for my next outing to try out.

ok so i am not crazy 26 is not big enough for that motor then right? i was thinking my speedo was not right (it does weird things ,RS.......) i turned the timing all the way up on the can and it felt better but it has no zip. i will try boost first and then order some spur gears. is there a tuning guide somewhere besides this thread? just like no to know what to expect when changing front trail and other basic information on the car ,gear ratio ETC ETC.

back to the 3-4 gear and its bending my mind! the idler gears on the 4 gear are both smaller than the idler gear on the 3 gear. now since both gears are the same size it technically makes them become one of the same size and it is smaller. so wouldnt that make the ratios different especially since the top and dif gear are the same?