Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That's not one of those Sumo braces is it?
Old 08-31-2017, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
That's not one of those Sumo braces is it?
I don't think so. The Sumo brace I do have is aluminum. But I see some similar carbon fiber braces on Google. Just nothing that looks like this one lol. Kinda wondering if someone made it themselves.

Mocking it up on the gearbox though it looks like it'll work just fine. Just need to install the ball studs facing down to get similar link height from the looks of it.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

well gents, the local carpet season has been announced in my area. it will start at the end of cotober.

I pulled the buggy out of storage, where it has sat since i missed the end of last carpet season... I'm excited to race again. really excited. hahaha it's been almost 10 yrs.... see if i can apply all the stuff in these pages. I will be racing carpet. 17.5.

still have to fab the carbon shock towers. also make a brace for the rear diff cover. rebuild the shocks with kyosho o-rings..... install the exotek chassis. mount tires, install electronics. hahaha program the transmitter. and remember how to drive.

I will plan on posting here regularly.... likely for advice and shits and giggles.
EbbTide likes this.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by banx
well, the local carpet season has been announced. will start at the end of cotober.

I pulled the buggy out of storage. I'm excited to race again. it's been almost 10 yrs.... see if i can apply all the stuff in these pages. will be racing carpet. 17.5.
Good luck with carpet season Banx! The few of us still running these I'm sure will be glad to help if you need something

BTW if you still have the stock chassis, it may be worth it to pick up Exotek's aluminum chassis since I believe the lateral battery placement is beneficial for carpet. And the chassis is only $50 new!

DEX210v3 MM CHASSIS CONVERSION, 7075 - Exotek Racing
Old 09-03-2017, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

thats a sweet chassis. but I grabbed that carbon one from rcmart.

I do have shorty batteries... and grabbed two generic carbon braces to create mounts to mount it sideways..... saw some pics I think it was travis amezcua (hahah spelling) had the horizontal battery position....

anyways, its in 3 gear mid motor, with a freshly rebuilt gear diff as a starting point.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

thats a sweet chassis. but I grabbed that carbon one from rcmart.

I do have shorty batteries... and grabbed two generic carbon braces to create mounts to mount it sideways..... saw some pics I think it was travis amezcua (hahah spelling) had the horizontal battery position....

anyways, its in 3 gear mid motor, with a freshly rebuilt gear diff as a starting point.
Sounds like you're heading the right direction! I actually got a couple of those carbon chassis to try out on my RM 210 but I haven't gotten around to putting it together. Post some pics of the finished buggy, I'd like to see that battery mod and which battery braces you got to make it
Old 09-03-2017, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

ohhh I shall. though that chassis you posted says it's -2mm compared to stock. could see that being useful.... it's definitely sexy.

i could see the extended carbon one being good for RM and outdoor..... as it stands, I have two v1 chassis. one alum and one plastic. i have a v2 plastic chassis and the carbon exotek one.

I have to find a new picture host as photobucket pulled that maneuver.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

ohhh I shall. though that chassis you posted says it's -2mm compared to stock. could see that being useful.... it's definitely sexy.

i could see the extended carbon one being good for RM and outdoor..... as it stands, I have two v1 chassis. one alum and one plastic. i have a v2 plastic chassis and the carbon exotek one.

I have to find a new picture host as photobucket pulled that maneuver.
And for the price it's tough to beat Also a lot lighter than you'd expect. I made it even lighter recently with new titanium hardware and a slim shorty. Just waiting on a new ESC to determine its overall weight.

As for image hosting, I think some folks switched to Imgur for free hosting. I am one of the suckers that paid for Imageshack lol.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EbbTide
And for the price it's tough to beat Also a lot lighter than you'd expect. I made it even lighter recently with new titanium hardware and a slim shorty. Just waiting on a new ESC to determine its overall weight.

As for image hosting, I think some folks switched to Imgur for free hosting. I am one of the suckers that paid for Imageshack lol.
Yeah I've been wondering what happened with the image hosting sites, across all forums many useful pictures have been replaced by that dreaded host error. I guess a free company switched to paid and high jacked all the stored images?
Old 09-03-2017, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Alan_r
Yeah I've been wondering what happened with the image hosting sites, across all forums many useful pictures have been replaced by that dreaded host error. I guess a free company switched to paid and high jacked all the stored images?
I'm pretty sure you still get access to your photos even without paying for the service. They just prevent you from posting the pictures on other websites.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

ya you do, I just logged in now. everything was still there.

the last time I did, it was just some 3prd party hosting message and them demanding a ransom for my pics.

re-saving some now that go back a long ass time.

are there any lil breakage issues i should prepare for?.... bracing the gear box, is in the works.

how's the plastic bulkhead hold up? it's on sale at exotek, (thanks again for the link). and wing mounts?
Old 09-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

From my experiences, mounting the battery horizontally doesn't really help with carpet. Mounting it that way lets you move the weight back further than if it was in the center but you usually have enough traction on carpet where that's not necessary. In my case, I had the shorty pack moved a bit forward from center.

I may still pick up that chassis for my son since he's running my old buggy this season.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

ya you do, I just logged in now. everything was still there.

the last time I did, it was just some 3prd party hosting message and them demanding a ransom for my pics.

re-saving some now that go back a long ass time.

are there any lil breakage issues i should prepare for?.... bracing the gear box, is in the works.

how's the plastic bulkhead hold up? it's on sale at exotek, (thanks again for the link). and wing mounts?
Well I haven't really broken much actual Durango parts on this thing since I've been back in the game but for I'll list what I have in my spare parts box for track days below. I would definitely invest in the front Exotek bulkhead and wing mounts as well. Much better than dealing with body clips. I was going to wait until my stock mount broke but I'm tired of removing body clips already lol:

front/rear arms
Front/rear shock towers in plastic and CF
Aluminum RR hangers if the plastics break
Plastic RF hangers (Aluminum are recommended. I just have a bunch of plastics to blow through
Plastic front bulkhead (Just running this until it breaks.)
Front c-hub and steering block set
Steering bushings (KYOLA256 alternate because the Durango ones are hard to find)
Main gear for gear diff
Gear diff outdrives
Drive shafts and rear axles
one or two spurs
Hingepins front and rear
Shock eyelets (TRA5469 are a good alternative if you can't find original part)
shock shafts
Gear box
Old 09-03-2017, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
From my experiences, mounting the battery horizontally doesn't really help with carpet. Mounting it that way lets you move the weight back further than if it was in the center but you usually have enough traction on carpet where that's not necessary. In my case, I had the shorty pack moved a bit forward from center.

I may still pick up that chassis for my son since he's running my old buggy this season.
At least it seems like Exotek is pretty well stocked on the chassis so they should be ready for ya if you decide to pick one up I bought two as soon as they dropped it down to $50
Old 09-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

thanks kremzeek. I will start with teh battery in the standard position and pushed forward.

ebbtide. thanks, i should be good plastic wise. thanks for that list. think I will try and fid some gear diff out drives. I have the alum hangers luckily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.