Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

t2shop.de is the same way. I've been tempted to order from them numerous times but they only offer DHL for international shipping and its 38 Euros no matter what it is you order.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
t2shop.de is the same way. I've been tempted to order from them numerous times but they only offer DHL for international shipping and its 38 Euros no matter what it is you order.
I actually just placed a huge order from them to make the shipping cost hurt a little less lol. They had the type B towers I needed and a rare CF strap for my HPI Blitz which needed a little TLC. Hopefully this one comes with Haribo gummy bears too haha.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:51 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

I just picked up a DEX210 v2 today. It looks like a capable buggy but just realized the wheels are less than standard. I was wondering if there are any easy to find hex conversion kits to make it fit the TLR or AE buggy wheels? Or where do you buy replacement wheels (I only see DE Racing)?
Old 08-08-2017, 02:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jcr
I just picked up a DEX210 v2 today. It looks like a capable buggy but just realized the wheels are less than standard. I was wondering if there are any easy to find hex conversion kits to make it fit the TLR or AE buggy wheels? Or where do you buy replacement wheels (I only see DE Racing)?
the V3 has a 12mm hex conversion kit included, so it is possible (or should I say 'was'?). Maybe try looking through the parts list of the V3 buggy and see if you can still buy the parts, but sadly I would be suprised if you could still find them. I've found that V3 specific parts are even more rare nowadays than V1 and V2 compatible parts because of the short run that this buggy had.

I have a set of DE wheels and I've had no problems so far, so if you want to save yourself the headache I would just go that route, they seem to still have relatively good availability through ebay.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jcr
I'm pretty confident it is doable to get 12mm hexes all around but I have yet to do much testing personally. I do have the 12mm front axles, and you can still find them for sale, but the tricky part is finding a locking 12mm hex that will work. I think these would work, but I got rid of my HB d413 before I had time to give it a shot.

D413 D216 12MM FRONT LOCKING ALLOY HEX (1 PAIR) - Exotek Racing

The rear end I believe can be MUCH more straightforward. I know Exotek made a 12mm hex kit for the rear which I have myself (not installed), and the hexes don't look too special to prevent you from making another brand hex work. But again I haven't had time to experiment. I hope this was at least a little helpful.

And like the above post says, the DE wheels are still readily available for the time being and are a great proprietary option to use. I personally stocked up on some that were on sale. Can't argue with a decent color choice either lol
Old 08-08-2017, 06:13 AM
jcr
Tech Regular

hmm.. I guess might be better sticking with the DE wheels.
I guess the DEX210 isn't as popular anymore for 2WD buggy?
Old 08-08-2017, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jcr
hmm.. I guess might be better sticking with the DE wheels.
I guess the DEX210 isn't as popular anymore for 2WD buggy?
It's a great car, but it has a few issues that are getting bigger and bigger as time passes:

1) Durango is dead, so poor parts availability for commonly broken parts (Reason #1 why most competitive guys have moved on)

2)No laydown possibilities (Might not be a problem if you don't run high grip)

3) no transverse shorty chassis (though exotek makes one)
Old 08-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's my personal opinion that the lay down gearboxes are overrated hype.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

I share Fred's opinion on the laydown. Unless my lap times were lying, the laydown is optional
Old 08-08-2017, 08:20 AM
jcr
Tech Regular

after reading through the comments of the company now I wondering if I should have bought the DEX210V2 ... to keep or to sell it back out.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jcr
after reading through the comments of the company now I wondering if I should have bought the DEX210V2 ... to keep or to sell it back out.
I have to admit, I definitely wouldn't suggest someone starting fresh with a Durango right now. Only reason I am in it is because I had so much invested in them before the company started distancing themselves from the industry. Unless you can source spare parts, your adventure with the DEX210 (while most likely positive in experience) will leave you with a broken car and no replacements. And I am more than happy to help those that need parts here and there but I am not a hobby shop myself so we're gonna run short soon unless something drastic happens at Hobbico.

If you can find a sweet roller with a bunch of parts for cheap though, perhaps that's a different story.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Great news! My major Germany order came through with flying colors. Got three type B towers, a bunch of shock rebuild parts, type B arms (just for kicks), two packs of the elusive steering bushings and a fancy CF strap for my aging HPI Blitz. Not the cheapest route but now I'll be able to attempt a huge double at the local track and not have to worry about breaking the front end to pieces lol. Wish me luck! May the ExoDex fly true and not straight into the landing like a dud.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:49 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

Actually with the technology of 3D printer these days.... if we only had the CAD files we can duplicate our own spare parts.

I have made a few parts for my crawler for very little cost.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am in need of a gearbox and have searched high and low with no luck. I stoped racing when the v2 came out and I'm starting again in October. It's broken where the upper link mounts, I tried contacting sumo to see if he still had the brace available with no luck either.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coaltrain
I am in need of a gearbox and have searched high and low with no luck. I stoped racing when the v2 came out and I'm starting again in October. It's broken where the upper link mounts, I tried contacting sumo to see if he still had the brace available with no luck either.
You have a pm, I may have a used one or new in package

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.