Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lvereen001
The hangers don't know the motor is in the rear position
That is very true?!?! But they have hangers on exotek as well that will work with mid motor. If running mid you could pick those up. If rear motor you will need the type b plastic ones.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Also what about front and rear arms don't see much on that what should I get. Thanks for help on bulk head going to get it.
didn't mean the hangers don't know meant to write I don't know but the motor is on the rear position.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

didn't mean the hangers don't know meant to write I don't know but the motor is on the rear position.
Did mean to sound like a smart a I appreciate the help.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
That is very true?!?! But they have hangers on exotek as well that will work with mid motor. If running mid you could pick those up. If rear motor you will need the type b plastic ones.
You can actually use the Exotek RF hangers on the type B plastic chassis, but it requires you to do a little dremel work to flatten out some of the ribbing where the hanger sits.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I know this question has been ask before but what is the difference between the dex210 and the v2
Old 08-04-2017, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser
I know this question has been ask before but the difference between the dex210 and the v2
Well let's see if I can get this off the top of my head without looking:

front/rear shock towers
Front and rear shocks (rear shocks maintain the same shock body)
Front bulk head and rear hangers (RF, RR)
Drive shafts (not necessary to use though)
Motor guard for RM configuration
Front and rear arms (rear arms not necessary, they just have additional strength and mounting positions for shocks)
Gearbox (not necessary, but good to have)

I think that's it.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

May i ask what they changed in the gearbox?
Old 08-04-2017, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

May i ask what they changed in the gearbox?
They added mounting positions for the rear camber link and beefed up the construction a bit for added strength.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Pro eBay buyer tip: Always check the shipping cost/options before you order. I made a major booboo when I committed to buy a pair of 42.5mm shock shafts from a seller in Germany, not realizing the price listed did not include international shipping. It said to "ask seller" about it. Long story short, I just paid a butt load of money (relative to the part cost) to have it shipped here. They packed the heck out of it though, and even included a pack of Haribo gummy bears. *sigh* Don't be a ME.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Lol i 2nd that. The same thing happened to me. I saw a ff03 roller for a really good price bought it with out noticing the shipping and long story short i had to pay 70 dollars for shipping.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Lol i 2nd that. The same thing happened to me. I saw a ff03 roller for a really good price bought it with out noticing the shipping and long story short i had to pay 70 dollars for shipping.
I guess we are both cautionary tales for the uninformed haha. I did however place another Germany order, though this time I filled my cart to make the shipping worth it hopefully I get more German Haribo snacks lol
Old 08-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EbbTide
Well let's see if I can get this off the top of my head without looking:

front/rear shock towers
Front and rear shocks (rear shocks maintain the same shock body)
Front bulk head and rear hangers (RF, RR)
Drive shafts (not necessary to use though)
Motor guard for RM configuration
Front and rear arms (rear arms not necessary, they just have additional strength and mounting positions for shocks)
Gearbox (not necessary, but good to have)

I think that's it.
The v2 also came with the Type B ball ends that don't pop off every two seconds unlike the originals.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
The v2 also came with the Type B ball ends that don't pop off every two seconds unlike the originals.
That's s great point! I guess I forgot since I'm running punishers and losi cups on mine lol
Old 08-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EbbTide
Pro eBay buyer tip: Always check the shipping cost/options before you order. I made a major booboo when I committed to buy a pair of 42.5mm shock shafts from a seller in Germany, not realizing the price listed did not include international shipping. It said to "ask seller" about it. Long story short, I just paid a butt load of money (relative to the part cost) to have it shipped here. They packed the heck out of it though, and even included a pack of Haribo gummy bears. *sigh* Don't be a ME.
Yeah.... I'm going to call out any Germans here. German shops straight rip off international customers using shipping. I've had German shops try to hit me with their insane social welfare tax, a tax international customers are not supposed to pay. I've seen shipping charges of 30€ to send a packet of Tamiya hinge pins to the US.

Two things: First, I've lived in Germany. I know what it costs to ship things. Unless Deutsche Posts prices have increased by 400% in eight years....

Second: Even better, I've looked at the shipping certificate.... Things that cost the shop 4€ are having 25€+ tacked on by the shop. Maybe they don't like Americans, we do take their women from them when we're there. Either way, Germany is for the most part, the LAST option. You know who are awesome to deal with? Brits, Greeks, Italians, South Africans and most of the guys from the little Arab states like UAE. Those people bend over backwards to help you out and don't rip you off.

UNFORTUNATELY..... guess where a ton of Durango parts and kits are located?

Germany.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Alan_r
Yeah.... I'm going to call out any Germans here. German shops straight rip off international customers using shipping. I've had German shops try to hit me with their insane social welfare tax, a tax international customers are not supposed to pay. I've seen shipping charges of 30€ to send a packet of Tamiya hinge pins to the US.

Two things: First, I've lived in Germany. I know what it costs to ship things. Unless Deutsche Posts prices have increased by 400% in eight years....

Second: Even better, I've looked at the shipping certificate.... Things that cost the shop 4€ are having 25€+ tacked on by the shop. Maybe they don't like Americans, we do take their women from them when we're there. Either way, Germany is for the most part, the LAST option. You know who are awesome to deal with? Brits, Greeks, Italians, South Africans and most of the guys from the little Arab states like UAE. Those people bend over backwards to help you out and don't rip you off.

UNFORTUNATELY..... guess where a ton of Durango parts and kits are located?

Germany.
Lol that is a sad truth my friend. One German shop has tens of pairs of front and rear arms but you gotta pay $40 for shipping. I just ordered a tool set from Arrowmax in Hong Kong and even their shipping for a 5 pound item was nowhere near what that German shop charged me for a stinking pair of shock shafts lol. Stay away from ModelBaucham Germany. I think that's the hobby shop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.