Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
Has anyone run into the situation where the hole in a TD spur is a bit small? I'm switching to vented slipper plates and its a tight fit. I'm guessing it will eventually take care of itself once it breaks in, but I figured I'd ask.
I picked up some vented plates when I picked up a used DEX. They were in the parts box so I thought i would throw them on. It didn't tighten down right. Something was off, ended up with inside plate vented, and outside standard. So there may be an issue there. I didn't investigate that much. Could be a machining issue with the vented plates maybe.

Does the spur you have work normally with standard slipper plates?
Old 05-26-2017, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
I picked up some vented plates when I picked up a used DEX. They were in the parts box so I thought i would throw them on. It didn't tighten down right. Something was off, ended up with inside plate vented, and outside standard. So there may be an issue there. I didn't investigate that much. Could be a machining issue with the vented plates maybe.

Does the spur you have work normally with standard slipper plates?
I thought they'd be the standard plates with some holes in them but they're not. There are some definite differences. In addition to the part that goes in the spur being wider, the disc itself is so wide that it almost reaches the spur. It has maybe half a millimeter of clearance.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

Wally, did you put two of the thin shims behind the inner slipper plate? Otherwise you may cant tight them down correctly.
As for the vented slipper plates itselve, i read some time, they where havier than the standard plates, so if you look for less rotating mass, the standards would be a better choice!
Never had heat issues with my standard plates.

May that helps?
Old 05-28-2017, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

Weird reoccurring issue with my DEX210V3 that I wonder if any of you have seen before.

Part number 330349 front axle spinning inside of part number 330340 when trying to loosen the front wheel screw. I've experimented with threadlock and without, tightened down to just snug, doesn't seem to matter. At least once or twice a month I end up having to remove the entire assembly and put a wrench on the axle to break the screw loose. Interesting design; I love the adjustability. But this is getting ridiculous. Any thoughts here?

I'd rather not glue them in as I do make this adjustment often as the traction changes throughout the day. Car starts to snap oversteer on entry, move it back, car pushes on entry, move it forward. Alloy inserts would be a godsend but nooooooo. Of course not.

Oh and I thought I should add, this ONLY happens on my V3. The V2 and the V1 do not have this issue. Strange.

Last edited by Alan_r; 05-28-2017 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have to rebuild the ball diff and was wondering whats the recommended e-clip wrench for this? The first time I built it by jamming it in there with a screwdriver but this time I want to get it in just right. Was thinking this one.
https://www.amazon.com/IRWIN-VISE-GR...ap+ring+pliers
Old 05-29-2017, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Alan,
I haven't had he issue but then again my two buggies are the V2. I also have the "F" but haven't had this issue. Sorry.

Gus,
I think those would work.
I have channel lock 927. They work
Old 05-29-2017, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Alan_r
Weird reoccurring issue with my DEX210V3 that I wonder if any of you have seen before.

Part number 330349 front axle spinning inside of part number 330340 when trying to loosen the front wheel screw. I've experimented with threadlock and without, tightened down to just snug, doesn't seem to matter. At least once or twice a month I end up having to remove the entire assembly and put a wrench on the axle to break the screw loose. Interesting design; I love the adjustability. But this is getting ridiculous. Any thoughts here?

I'd rather not glue them in as I do make this adjustment often as the traction changes throughout the day. Car starts to snap oversteer on entry, move it back, car pushes on entry, move it forward. Alloy inserts would be a godsend but nooooooo. Of course not.

Oh and I thought I should add, this ONLY happens on my V3. The V2 and the V1 do not have this issue. Strange.
Are you using the hex axles or the one for the bearing wheels? If its the bearing wheel one, I'm not sure how it could spin since there's a flat spot that prevents it from doing this.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gus6464
I have to rebuild the ball diff and was wondering whats the recommended e-clip wrench for this? The first time I built it by jamming it in there with a screwdriver but this time I want to get it in just right. Was thinking this one.
https://www.amazon.com/IRWIN-VISE-GR...ap+ring+pliers
I have some POS that I got from Menards that I use. I had a hard time finding one that a) had pins small enough and b) was able to squeeze the clip enough to get it in/out.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Are you using the hex axles or the one for the bearing wheels? If its the bearing wheel one, I'm not sure how it could spin since there's a flat spot that prevents it from doing this.
Krem, I would have thought that too, but sure enough, it spins under torque. I've replaced the inserts four times already as I don't trust them once it happens. I've even had them start to twist when tightening the wheel screw. I'm not over torquing them either. Bring them to snug and then slight torque to secure, not brain surgery. Only on this car, which is why its weird. I't as if the batch of inserts I have (bought a couple sets-same place- same time) are soft.....Perhaps it has something to do with the rear screw? I'll have to go back and look to see if their is a washer used or not. I changed those screws out for stainless a while back and may have changed something there.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:31 AM
psl
Tech Adept

I had the same problem. It might have been a bad batch. I put a new set in and the new ones worked great.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Good deal on a ball diff:

NEW Team Durango Ball Diff Set DEX210 Part # TD220005 DESC210

It's not my auction.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Good deal on a ball diff:

NEW Team Durango Ball Diff Set DEX210 Part # TD220005 DESC210

It's not my auction.
It's not there anymore....wuuuhhahahahahaha
Old 06-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

lol.. glad someone grabbed it. There's another one up there now for like $5 more.

NEW Team Durango Ball Diff Set DEX210 Part #:TD220005 | eBay
Old 06-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I know parts are getting thin. I am selling a lot parts and tires for the dex/dest/desc.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...tire-sale.html
Old 06-03-2017, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Well just a minor update on Fred's buggy. Progress has been slow but I did finally get oil in the shocks and I have decided on pink rear springs and dark blue in the front. It was also kinda funny when I noticed two shocks still used bladders and two were using the shock cap o-ring. Either way both went together as smooth as I remember

As for oil, I went with associated 35w in front and 27.5w in the rear. It isn't exactly what I wanted but it was as close as I could get with the oils I had on hand.

This is also the first time I'm going to run a proper 17.5 setup in a DEX210 so I am still not entirely sure what the final gearing will be. But I did settle on using a 71t spur. I'm thinking I'll start with a 31t pinion and see what that can do around our track.

And of course, how could I resist the many spare parts still on amain and tower hobbies. So I spent a little more dough today to get some general wear parts as well as some fancy aluminum bits for the shocks if the plastic parts give out To be continued!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.