Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Shipping is only $3.67 for me. Contact the seller and see if you can work something out.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

ClayRacer is in Hong Kong. Thats' why its so much.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Another important thing about kick up is that if the chassis rolls the same front and rear (roll distribution 50-50) is that the front suspension is moving in a plane tilted around 25* from the rear suspension. Not only does that cause wheelbase changes during roll/heave but also adds unneeded complexity.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default Spur

Anyone know where I can source 210 Spurs? I need one smaller than 78, as I am running the biggest pinion that fits currently.

If I recall Associated B4 Spurs can fit if you widen the centre hole? Can anyone confirm that? I thought I read it on the fan site but could not confirm it.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by micholix
Guys, the 210F and the 410v5 have the same problem at the rear end, i had to remove the uptravel spacer and did cut down the lower ball eye by 1 mm to get more uptravel, not the right way, we realy need a 27mm shock body instead of the 29 mm, or a taler shock tower for them, or i just get a set of ae shocks, sad as i realy like the smoth action from the td fat shocks...

Just for a side note, that is not a just problem at td, my schumacher k2 does have the same problem front and rear, 0 upravel there too!
Micholix,
You are right. The V2 has more rear uptravel than the 210F. Eyeballing it, With both fully compressed the V2 looks to have 2.5-3mm shock shaft exposed and the F about 1.5mm.

On a good note, with the b44 tower installed in the front, the uptravel is the same with the flat arms as it is with standard tower and gull wings.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Devin
Anyone know where I can source 210 Spurs? I need one smaller than 78, as I am running the biggest pinion that fits currently.

If I recall Associated B4 Spurs can fit if you widen the centre hole? Can anyone confirm that? I thought I read it on the fan site but could not confirm it.
The schumacher spurs are a direct fit for the slipper.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/schumacher-48p-cnc-slipper-spur-gear-71t-schu4226/p463859?v=253906
Old 01-22-2017, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Devin

You can widen the hole but heard its difficult. Look at revolution design spurs, think they carry a 72. Schumacher spur 71. Both cheaper than Durango and both machined.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
ClayRacer is in Hong Kong. Thats' why its so much.
Ya, might hold out for Amain to stock it, they do $1.99 shipping to Hong Kong on small parts like this. Thinking the Dex210 is going to be retired and become a display/collection car any way as it looks like Durango are going out of business
Old 01-23-2017, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fredswain
Use either V1 or V2/3 rear shocks with the V1 rear tower. Don't overthink the cg effect. You won't notice it. No one would. I run the V2/3 rear shocks up front with the truck front tower. Any negative from a small cg change is MORE than offset by the uptravel and I can get it without resorting to an archaic emulsion style shock.
Hi fred, you mentioned that you run your shocks in emulsion style, what diafragma do you use in the td shocks?
Does the destc410 one fit at the buggy shocks?
When you run the shocks in emulsion style, do you use the screw in the cap, or without?

PS.: did you get my pm?

Thx in advance
Old 01-23-2017, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

I do not run emulsion style. I run bladders. I use the Losi bladders. The ONLY way that anyone should ever run a bladder is with the bleeder screw in. Never run open bladder.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

I had a thought that we might not need to worry about suspension up travel if we do one mod. Look at the new cars like the 22 3.0 and the B6. They have new hubs and caster blocks that can mount the hinge pin lower down. This puts your chassis lower to the ground per the same suspension arm orientation and the wheels higher up by comparison. If we run the B6 rear hubs and front caster blocks/steering hubs, it should not only be better setup for high grip tracks since the cg lowers down, but will also effectively offset the suspension up travel woes. I bought some B6 rear hubs to try.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

don't think durango is going out of business, just appears they are focusing on RTR cars under their ARRMA line up. seems alot fo companies are re-evaluating their businesses along with profits or losses in maintaining a racing presence, professional kit type cars, teams, etc.

in the new serpent 4wd car thread, there is some talk that the car is durango or designed by one of their designers
Old 01-23-2017, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pinkz
don't think durango is going out of business, just appears they are focusing on RTR cars under their ARRMA line up. seems alot fo companies are re-evaluating their businesses along with profits or losses in maintaining a racing presence, professional kit type cars, teams, etc.

in the new serpent 4wd car thread, there is some talk that the car is durango or designed by one of their designers
One of Durango's ex designers is a designer for serpent now.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

I had a thought that we might not need to worry about suspension up travel if we do one mod. Look at the new cars like the 22 3.0 and the B6. They have new hubs and caster blocks that can mount the hinge pin lower down. This puts your chassis lower to the ground per the same suspension arm orientation and the wheels higher up by comparison. If we run the B6 rear hubs and front caster blocks/steering hubs, it should not only be better setup for high grip tracks since the cg lowers down, but will also effectively offset the suspension up travel woes. I bought some B6 rear hubs to try.
Can't wait to hear what you find out.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

I do not run emulsion style. I run bladders. I use the Losi bladders. The ONLY way that anyone should ever run a bladder is with the bleeder screw in. Never run open bladder.
Hi Fred,

Sorry, i mixed that up, i ment bladder style....

THX for that info!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.