R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree24Likes

Old 01-02-2017, 03:18 PM   #18751
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by czrlaker View Post
FYI guy's STRC has front and rear carbon fiber shock towers for $10 a piece. Bought them and they look and work great. Plus great price and quick shipping.

http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...=155_96&page=2
Not a bad deal at all. I picked up a set to try. But I'll probably wait for my next tower break to install them. Which should come soon since I'm moving to mod instead of 17.5 lol
EbbTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #18752
Tech Elite

I've got a quick question about currently available bodies.

I've got the RTR plastic chassis +8mm but I'm not sure which bodies are compatible with it other than the stock factory painted body. Any tips on where to find a clear body still?
Old 01-02-2017, 10:08 PM   #18753
Tech Addict

Hi, you should be fine with an original TD 210v2/v3, or any aftermarket body for them.
The v2 had allready the +8 chassis length, same as the RTR's, from what i remember!?

Cat K2 / DEX410V3 / DEX410V5 / DEX210 / DEX210F / Cougar SVR /
YZ-10 '94/'95 WCS/
Spectrum DX3R
micholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:08 PM   #18754
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by micholix View Post
Hi, you should be fine with an original TD 210v2/v3, or any aftermarket body for them.
The v2 had allready the +8 chassis length, same as the RTR's, from what i remember!?
Finding them in the U.S. is the difficult part lol. I found some made by a guy in the UK but I'm keeping that as a last resort
EbbTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:07 AM   #18755
Tech Apprentice

thanks for the replies guys. I ordered that shock tower.

as for motors, any middle of the ground suggestions for 17.5?

as said, here is what a vintage losi xxx body looks like on the dex210.

banx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:19 AM   #18756
Tech Addict

Wow, that shell looks nice on it!
It looks like it fits quit close to theoutlines from chassis too?

Off topic- it seems, you make you own flies for fishing?

YZ-10 '94/'95 WCS/
Spectrum DX3R
Old 01-03-2017, 07:47 AM   #18757
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by banx View Post
hi guys, this is my first post in over 6 years..... so I decided to buy a used dex210 with quite a few spares to do some indoor carpet racing. likely 17.5t stock. its setup in mm4 already

Is there any parts for certain I should stock up on?
I see shock towers have been a problem.

It came with extra shocks, some suspension arms, extra plastic chassis. c-hubs knuckles. two ball diffs that need to be rebuilt.

I see a gear diff is available, can I get away with just rocking a ball diff? this is super amateur racing

from what I can tell creeping facebook, it looks like peeps are rocking some sort of slick tire. any suggestions there? panther has some listed. I've never raced on carpet, would a clay slick tire be appropriate?

i'm ridiculously jacked to be getting back into this...... and for refernce a losi xxx buggy body fits pretty god damn snug on this durango, when i get it painted up i will post a pic. have a xxx-4 wing to go with it.
find a 3 gear setup that looks to find your conditions and start there. You can use a ball diff just watch how it does.

If you are limited to non-hardpin tires, you will want something like a clay compound slick tire or even a worn tire. Out here we run Proline Primes in MC compound (Clay) for example sauced with SXT3.0 compound.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:53 AM   #18758
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a XXX and thought it was an awesome looking buggy. Incidentally, mine had the mid motor Atomic Carbon CR2 conversion and was my first mid motor car. It's the car that made me like mid motor. I hated some aspects of it that I didn't understand at the time. Once I replaced it with an X-Factory X6^2 I realized that it was the 4 gear setup that I hated. That's why I ended up with a 210. I wanted mid motor 3 gear and at the time it was the only way to get it.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #18759
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by micholix View Post
Wow, that shell looks nice on it!
It looks like it fits quit close to theoutlines from chassis too?

Off topic- it seems, you make you own flies for fishing?
yes the body is fairly snug, velcro will keep it tight.... and ya, I do alot of fishing. BC has some of the best lakes and rivers to fish. i feel very lucky to live here.... and catching something you make out of fur and feathers is rewarding as hell. do you tie as well?

fredswain and cain, so your both suggesting I set it up as 3gear and use that as a starting point at the track? this is indoor carpet. based on the manual it says 4gear.

also, as I still have to order batteries, do you suggest the 'shorty' packs I keep hearing about?

theres also some very worn aka tires that came with it, definitely a soft compound. so I have something to try before buying slicks.

thanks for the help guys. so many changes to rc in 6 years
banx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:38 AM   #18760
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The green ECO motors from a-main are great 17.5 motors and only cost about 50 doll.
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #18761
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
fredswain and cain, so your both suggesting I set it up as 3gear and use that as a starting point at the track? this is indoor carpet. based on the manual it says 4gear.
I absolutely despise the way 4 gear drives. I hate it entirely. If 3 gear mid motor doesn't work for me, I'd rather go back to rear motor. I was of this opinion when most people were just starting to get into mid motor when most still saying that rear motor would never die and that mid motor was a fad. Those that were into mid motor claimed that mid motor only worked because of 4 gear and that 3 gear would never work, something that X-Factory still stubbornly claims. If tracks go back to being looser again, I'll go back to rear motor but I'll never run 4 gear. The 210 is the perfect car.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:15 PM   #18762
Tech Addict

Quote:
yes the body is fairly snug, velcro will keep it tight.... and ya, I do alot of fishing. BC has some of the best lakes and rivers to fish. i feel very lucky to live here.... and catching something you make out of fur and feathers is rewarding as hell. do you tie as well?

also, as I still have to order batteries, do you suggest the 'shorty' packs I keep hearing about?

theres also some very worn aka tires that came with it, definitely a soft compound. so I have something to try before buying slicks.

Off topic on
I do fishing, but not that much anymore than a fiew years ago, mostly for karp on lakes here or at the danub for some trouds, i do not tie by myselve, but a friend of mine did/does and i got some flies from him!
Off topic off

If you are allowed to use pin type tires at your carpet track, than go with the schumacher mini pins in yellow compound at the rear and some staggers at the front, thats what we pimary run here in europe on carpet tracks.
If you look for the 3- gear manual, download the dex210v1 pdf manual, there you will find the description for it.

As for batterys, if you are in the need to buy some, get the shorty, so if you are going to do the sideway battery mond on your side pods, you can use them!

YZ-10 '94/'95 WCS/
Spectrum DX3R
Old 01-03-2017, 02:59 PM   #18763
Tech Addict

Quote:

Got to agree with the MM3 recommendation. If you read back a while, I was having a massive headache trying to dial in my 210. I too started MM4 thinking it was provide more rear traction without having to go back to RM. The car always felt wrong. Certain combos were downright horrible. Then I listened to the advice here and went to MM3. That alone was night and day. Now all my TD's start as either RM or MM3. Can't explain it.
Alan_r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:14 PM   #18764
Tech Addict

WTF.... WUUUUT?

i just ran across this while going through my archived RC Car Action stuff. I remember seeing something like this back in the 80's. I never knew that someone did it with a Team Durango DEX210V2. I want one just as a conversational piece. I wonder how it drives?

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2015...v2-and-dex210/
Attached Thumbnails
Durango DEX210 Thread-ff210-2.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-ff210-3.jpg  
Old 01-03-2017, 05:22 PM   #18765
Tech Addict

Wow this things really real. People are winning with it.

https://m.facebook.com/orbracing