R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree43Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2016, 07:29 AM   #18556
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,451
Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default

how much was the club special price on the dex410v5? Also, got a link to that if its still going on?

Saw on the nitro DNX8 thread a rumor that durango may be done with 1/8 scale. wonder if that will affect the "1/10" DESC10 as well though personally I wouldn't mind them revisiting the desc410v2 and see what they could run with from a combo with the dex410v5.
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< HB Racing D413 | Tekno EB48SL / SCT410.3 | Tekno EB410 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2 | LC Racing EMB-1 Buggies and Truggies >
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:53 AM   #18557
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Marathon, Florida
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
how much was the club special price on the dex410v5? Also, got a link to that if its still going on?

Saw on the nitro DNX8 thread a rumor that durango may be done with 1/8 scale. wonder if that will affect the "1/10" DESC10 as well though personally I wouldn't mind them revisiting the desc410v2 and see what they could run with from a combo with the dex410v5.
No where on the site did it say that the car would be discounted.
Phantom56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:10 AM   #18558
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South East US
Posts: 722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
how much was the club special price on the dex410v5? Also, got a link to that if its still going on?

Saw on the nitro DNX8 thread a rumor that durango may be done with 1/8 scale. wonder if that will affect the "1/10" DESC10 as well though personally I wouldn't mind them revisiting the desc410v2 and see what they could run with from a combo with the dex410v5.
The discount only shows up after the car is on your cart and you go to check out. It caught me by surprise because the tower club coupon wouldn't take and I couldn't figure out why. With the reduced price, it was lower than the required amount for the coupon. The car automatically discounts to $429.99 and it says "special club price". Throw in the discount coupon and the car was $319.99.
Attached Thumbnails
Durango DEX210 Thread-screenshot_20161107-094509.jpg  
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:19 AM   #18559
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,451
Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_r View Post
The discount only shows up after the car is on your cart and you go to check out. It caught me by surprise because the tower club coupon wouldn't take and I couldn't figure out why. With the reduced price, it was lower than the required amount for the coupon. The car automatically discounts to $429.99 and it says "special club price". Throw in the discount coupon and the car was $319.99.
hmm, not getting down that low. I see the $429.99 and then with the coupons I have I see $63 off. If you include tower cash which comes off of the price after discount coupons I can get it down to $324.99

what sequence of coupons are you using?

hmm, with me running a rc10b6d now, with the various coupons they have going on could do one for about $212 after discounts and tower cash and a coupon they have too.
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< HB Racing D413 | Tekno EB48SL / SCT410.3 | Tekno EB410 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2 | LC Racing EMB-1 Buggies and Truggies >
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:03 AM   #18560
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South East US
Posts: 722
Default

I needed a bunch of other stuff and that took the total high enough to get the $110 off coupon. So the club discounted buggy minus the 110 means I paid $319 for it. B44.3was still cheaper but I'll take it. Kinda bummed about the 1/8 rumors. I don't usually care about rumors but I really wanted a full lineup this spring and the facts are appearing just by td's actions alone. I already broke my rules by picking up the desc210 and dest210, but parts support seems good and they both came with a ton of spares. But I'm not going to campaign 5 discontinued kits. So I'm stopping where I'm at with Durango for now. I'll run the four that I have for fun and tuning practice. Now I'm searching for another brand . 1st world problems you know...... Lol
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:12 AM   #18561
Tech Fanatic
 
JRSlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 827
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Ill be selling a mint never raced 210F if anyone is interested. Ill be posting in the "for sale" threads later today with pictures.
__________________
SOAR Seiki 998 TD1 E-buggy
Tekno EB410
Yokomo YZ-2
Dialed-RC Hobbies (www.dialedhobbies.com), SOAR Seiki USA
JRSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #18562
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,451
Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_r View Post
I needed a bunch of other stuff and that took the total high enough to get the $110 off coupon. So the club discounted buggy minus the 110 means I paid $319 for it. B44.3was still cheaper but I'll take it. Kinda bummed about the 1/8 rumors. I don't usually care about rumors but I really wanted a full lineup this spring and the facts are appearing just by td's actions alone. I already broke my rules by picking up the desc210 and dest210, but parts support seems good and they both came with a ton of spares. But I'm not going to campaign 5 discontinued kits. So I'm stopping where I'm at with Durango for now. I'll run the four that I have for fun and tuning practice. Now I'm searching for another brand . 1st world problems you know...... Lol
lol.

I am in the same boat, doing my due diligence on what is out there for 1/8. Could do tekno again as it seems like new vehicles may be on the way, there are some dark horse vehicles that interest me, but really don't want to get murdered on resale if that happens and AE's 1/8 E-Buggy offering doesn't seem to have the following like I thought it would.

To be honest outside of a few things, I would have kept my 1/8 based durango fleet if they were doing something, anything! to show they were still in the game.
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< HB Racing D413 | Tekno EB48SL / SCT410.3 | Tekno EB410 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2 | LC Racing EMB-1 Buggies and Truggies >
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:25 AM   #18563
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South East US
Posts: 722
Default

Yeah I feel ya. I've got the full lineup of AE and an almost complete RC10 collection so I've always got something to race. But it's fun to campaign a different lineup once in a while to learn new things and the change-up keeps me on my toes. I've been testing the waters over on the Tram C thread to get a feel for where they are going. The new. Manager seems enthusiastic enough. While a bit dated here and there the lineup looks solid. I'll use my newly dialed DEX210V3 until my spares run out. It's a damn good car and will easily be competitive here. Who knows, maybe this is an over reaction and next month TD drops a bunch of updates to keep things going
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:36 AM   #18564
Tech Fanatic
 
JRSlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 827
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
lol.

I am in the same boat, doing my due diligence on what is out there for 1/8. Could do tekno again as it seems like new vehicles may be on the way, there are some dark horse vehicles that interest me, but really don't want to get murdered on resale if that happens and AE's 1/8 E-Buggy offering doesn't seem to have the following like I thought it would.

To be honest outside of a few things, I would have kept my 1/8 based durango fleet if they were doing something, anything! to show they were still in the game.
I know, I raced this past weekend on a big money race and I felt I was using a cheap rtr car or something like that when comparing the the rest of the field (pro-ebuggy).... I will be getting rid of my dex8 or probably giving it away (I don't think I can get $150 for it) and looking for a top tier brand now. Kyosho, Mugen and TLR are my top choices now. I considered Sworkz, JQ, Soar and Agama but I learned my lesson. No more "rare" cars for me. Slowly getting rid of Durango as I haven't seen any support from them. I only will keep the 4wd buggy and 4wd SCT as they still kick @$$ everywhere I go.
__________________
SOAR Seiki 998 TD1 E-buggy
Tekno EB410
Yokomo YZ-2
Dialed-RC Hobbies (www.dialedhobbies.com), SOAR Seiki USA
JRSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:39 AM   #18565
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,451
Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default

yeah that would be cool. They could do it for sure with the 1/10 side of things. Who knows maybe them getting out of 1/8 is a good thing. I rather them be focuses on doing 1 segment of RC at a top level versus all of it at a crappy one.

Maybe use some of that 1/8 money on a Race Team lol.
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< HB Racing D413 | Tekno EB48SL / SCT410.3 | Tekno EB410 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2 | LC Racing EMB-1 Buggies and Truggies >
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:46 AM   #18566
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,451
Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSlash View Post
I know, I raced this past weekend on a big money race and I felt I was using a cheap rtr car or something like that when comparing the the rest of the field (pro-ebuggy).... I will be getting rid of my dex8 or probably giving it away (I don't think I can get $150 for it) and looking for a top tier brand now. Kyosho, Mugen and TLR are my top choices now. I considered Sworkz, JQ, Soar and Agama but I learned my lesson. No more "rare" cars for me. Slowly getting rid of Durango as I haven't seen any support from them. I only will keep the 4wd buggy and 4wd SCT as they still kick @$$ everywhere I go.
yeah thats tough for sure. My last race with my DEX8 actually went quite well, it was the first time my DEX8 felt better than my DESC10 but when you only get to really practice when you race its hard to dial in a setup. I can wheel a vehicle if the setup is close, but I suck at trying to compensate when its not.

And then I made the "mistake" of driving the new Sworkz S35-2E 1/8 E Buggy. The guy who won the class ( I think I came in secord or 3rd that day) was on fire with it and let me try it out.

I'll tell you this, if they were in the USA in a more established manner, I probably would have had one after the race. It was almost like cheating how good the car was. Its layout was the combination of a few vehicles that I liked, like driving a Tekno with its corner speed that the rear end didn't want to come out on you on ruff stuff.

I would have loved to have raced that same driver that day with my take on owning a S35-2E, may had had a different outcome

Or, put it this way, if tower picked up that brand, man that would be some tough choices to make.

But do I think my durango by its nature was "bad", nope. It was that without a Pro team to get some good testing and setup changes out there, was kind of thrown into the deep end of the pool as a way to learn to swim.

As for selling, yeah, they fell off the world on price. At some point though its better to just get out or make someone's day with a donation.

Funny thing, if the price of the dex410v5 keeps dropping, I wouldn't mind a second one for my daughter to drive as she improved. Lock it in with a slower motor (I love the gearing range on the dex410v5 so even a 17.5 is good to go) and go.
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< HB Racing D413 | Tekno EB48SL / SCT410.3 | Tekno EB410 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2 | LC Racing EMB-1 Buggies and Truggies >
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #18567
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South East US
Posts: 722
Default

I've heard good things about SWORKZ but like JR said, I don't know how many "rare" cars I can support. I have no experience with the 1/8 side of Durango. I was about too. Glad I caught what was happening in time. That would have been an expensive mistake for sure.
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:18 PM   #18568
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,451
Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default

yeah if you were going to try them for 1/8 (durango) I would have said just buy used. don't bother buying new, at least used you don't take quite as much of a beating.

Sworkz used I'd probably give a go as well.
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< HB Racing D413 | Tekno EB48SL / SCT410.3 | Tekno EB410 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2 | LC Racing EMB-1 Buggies and Truggies >

Last edited by Cain; 11-07-2016 at 12:54 PM.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:49 PM   #18569
Tech Fanatic
 
JRSlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 827
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

All I know is.... (please don't take it as "brand bash) The ex-Durango driver I know was "ok" driver on his dex8 meaning on a 4 or 5 heats of pro-ebuggy he usually was middle ish of the "B" main. After he left Durango and picked a TLR... Man he is been winning big races and qualifying really good. What I meat was, I will or most likely do better driving a different brand car. And that 4.0 TLR looks more and more attractive to me every race I go. That's just me tho. Wouldn't mind trying an Sworkz if a used one with an attractive price tag crosses my path...
__________________
SOAR Seiki 998 TD1 E-buggy
Tekno EB410
Yokomo YZ-2
Dialed-RC Hobbies (www.dialedhobbies.com), SOAR Seiki USA
JRSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:56 PM   #18570
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,451
Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default

I think the biggest thing for me was getting used to how the Rango handled versus the previous tekno I had. It was a good handling, just needed more setup.

Well, we have beaten that horse pretty good lol.

I will say though, the dex210 however had setups out there in spades, some really good info out there that got me on point with my vehicles.

I will say, if they are truly going 1/10 only, I do look forward to seeing what they do.
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< HB Racing D413 | Tekno EB48SL / SCT410.3 | Tekno EB410 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2 | LC Racing EMB-1 Buggies and Truggies >
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16576 Today 07:25 PM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-08-2017 12:57 AM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 10:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:55 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net