R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree17Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2016, 01:14 PM   #18541
Tech Addict
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 643
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
In addition, I 'think' when I went to the Exotek Mid bulkhead it wasn't needed? I could be wrong though.
I see them in this picture:



But in the picture with the Durango RR hanger, they're not installed. I guess I could just switch to Exotek RR hangers since they don't use them at all.
Kremzeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:28 PM   #18542
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
I see them in this picture:



But in the picture with the Durango RR hanger, they're not installed. I guess I could just switch to Exotek RR hangers since they don't use them at all.
Only if you are running HRC. IF LRC then you need the spacers.
WallyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:15 PM   #18543
Tech Addict
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 643
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyRC View Post
Only if you are running HRC. IF LRC then you need the spacers.
I was talking about these things. I'm pretty sure they have nothing to do with the roll center.

Durango DEX210 Thread-exotek-inserts.png
Kremzeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:05 PM   #18544
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
I was talking about these things. I'm pretty sure they have nothing to do with the roll center.

Attachment 1394764
Kremzeek,
I know what your talking about. You mentioned the RR hangers from exotek don't need them. That is only the original HRC that don't need the spacers. The LRC ones still need the spacers. I might have a couple extra plastic ones since I am using the exotek ones. I will look tomorrow and let you know.
WallyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:27 AM   #18545
Tech Elite
 
Jeff Werner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 2,254
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner
Default

Any more feedback on the the racers using the new exotec sideways battery chassis? Looks like a nice conversion kit for the buggy. Any feedback on it would be great.

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:28 AM   #18546
Tech Addict
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 643
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I see what you mean now about the HRC vs the LRC. Makes you wonder why they were needed in the first place with the DEX210v1 and the trucks.
Kremzeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:46 AM   #18547
psl
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 99
Default

I run the Exotek MM chassis. It is nice! I run on an indoor dirt track. The first few weeks I struggled with the set up and being rusty from taking the summer off. I then switched over the the v2 base dirt set up and a few small changes to the shocks and the buggy is great! What a difference.
__________________
Durango DESC 410v2 4wd SC
Durango DEX 210 Exotek MM
Durango DEX 410v5
Kyosho SC6
Radiopost
psl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:18 PM   #18548
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
I see what you mean now about the HRC vs the LRC. Makes you wonder why they were needed in the first place with the DEX210v1 and the trucks.
Wish exotek would make a RR hanger that was LRC and an insert to adjust Toe, and was "full bodied" so it wouldn't need the spacers like the HRC!!
WallyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 06:28 PM   #18549
Tech Adept
 
asalas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 167
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to asalas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekim View Post
I called tower to see when the dex is due in again and they are going to call me back to let me know
Hi,

Have you heard back from Tower?

cheers
__________________
Adolfo Salas
asalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 07:15 PM   #18550
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 402
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asalas View Post
Hi,

Have you heard back from Tower?

cheers
No they said it could take a bit though
rekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:04 AM   #18551
Tech Addict
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 643
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekim View Post
No they said it could take a bit though
It's only been like 6 months.. what's a little bit more?
Kremzeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:42 PM   #18552
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South East US
Posts: 694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
It's only been like 6 months.. what's a little bit more?
Something's definitely happening over at TD. the vehicles are all coming up as "unavailable". Not discontinued or out of stock but unavailable. Could we be seeing an internal restructuring of TD? I was able to buy the 410v5 but even it was seriously discounted under the term "club special". It looks like as soon as on hand stock runs out, that's it for an undisclosed amount of time. Tower is one of TD's largest and most influential distributors in the US so the fact that they don't have them and can't even order them says something for sure.... TD's webpage reflects the same thing. Are there no Team drivers on here to let us know what is happening?
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #18553
Tech Addict
 
Kremzeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mt. Horeb, WI
Posts: 643
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Team Drivers? Do they have any left?

Your guess is as good as mine. I've heard all sorts of rumors and theories over the last few months but one thing is clear, things are not good in Durango land. The biggest sign to me is that its been more than 2 weeks since they updated their FB page. Not that they ever communicated with their customers, but they'd at least post a picture of someone's car every day or two.
Kremzeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 03:18 PM   #18554
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South East US
Posts: 694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
Team Drivers? Do they have any left?

Your guess is as good as mine. I've heard all sorts of rumors and theories over the last few months but one thing is clear, things are not good in Durango land. The biggest sign to me is that its been more than 2 weeks since they updated their FB page. Not that they ever communicated with their customers, but they'd at least post a picture of someone's car every day or two.
Yeah, the only reason I'm really noticing it is because I'm buying and outfitting (or I was at least) a full Durango lineup to run in the spring. I bought the Dex210v3 a long while back. I've been busy rebuilding my desc210 and dest210 for the last couple months so I wasn't paying attention. Last week I bought the dex410v5 and thought the discount was weird. Then today I go to buy the DEX8T and DNX8 only to find them "unavailable". Further research reveals the only vehicles still available are the DEX410V5, DEX410V4 in limited quantity and the DEX8....likely only because they have them in stock. Man....... Of course this happens after investing in the full rebuild and parts stock up of two trucks and the 410V5 along with another truck and buggy within this year... Lol I chose Team Durango over Team C earlier this year as my alternate brand because I said to myself "they just released two new 1/8 cars, a Truggy along with a new SCT and wheeler plus they updated their mainstay buggy. Then they release the 210f..this brand is solid". Figures... Lol. I need to make a quick decision on whether to jump ship to Team C before investing in the 1/8 side of the house or not. I always buy from Tower but the unavailable TD vehicles can still be found for sale with some searching. If the ship is sinking.... I want to get off of it.
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:27 AM   #18555
Tech Master
 
Woulvesbaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,244
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_r View Post
Yeah, the only reason I'm really noticing it is because I'm buying and outfitting (or I was at least) a full Durango lineup to run in the spring. I bought the Dex210v3 a long while back. I've been busy rebuilding my desc210 and dest210 for the last couple months so I wasn't paying attention. Last week I bought the dex410v5 and thought the discount was weird. Then today I go to buy the DEX8T and DNX8 only to find them "unavailable". Further research reveals the only vehicles still available are the DEX410V5, DEX410V4 in limited quantity and the DEX8....likely only because they have them in stock. Man....... Of course this happens after investing in the full rebuild and parts stock up of two trucks and the 410V5 along with another truck and buggy within this year... Lol I chose Team Durango over Team C earlier this year as my alternate brand because I said to myself "they just released two new 1/8 cars, a Truggy along with a new SCT and wheeler plus they updated their mainstay buggy. Then they release the 210f..this brand is solid". Figures... Lol. I need to make a quick decision on whether to jump ship to Team C before investing in the 1/8 side of the house or not. I always buy from Tower but the unavailable TD vehicles can still be found for sale with some searching. If the ship is sinking.... I want to get off of it.
Depends what you're looking for. Team C TM4 is still very strong and they'll probably only make minor updates to it, which is good (maybe better parts support - hopefully). I hear the Tm2 is getting a further update to the Tm2v2. I hear no immediate changes to their mid motor 2wd.

Check the Team C forum as there's a new guy who is going to help get US parts support back up and running.

I hear Durango is up for sale so you may be waiting a while for things to get resolved. They're still neat cars. I had the 210 (v1) and 410 v3. Wasn't a huge fan of the 210, but the 410 was a great car. I prefer my TM4 though but I've not driven a 410 v5 to be fair.
__________________
|| Team C TM4 || OCRC || SCVRC || Facebook: Squid Ink Paint
Woulvesbaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16561 Yesterday 03:54 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-07-2017 11:57 PM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 09:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:49 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net