R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree27Likes

Old 11-02-2016, 08:15 AM   #18526
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
fast eddys sound familar I bet some of the bearings I have are from that.

Yeah durango bearings aren't something for the price I would call higher quality than what you can get other places. Other companies though aren't exactly world beaters in the bearing department either. For the variety of brands I have used, I have pretty much gotten better usage out of Avid bearings other than say Xray touring cars I have had.
Fast Eddies are pretty big on EBay. Whenever I restore an old Tamiya car I pick up one of their bearing kits for it. Cheap and they do in fact spin so a win in my book.
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:37 PM   #18527
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is Durango pretty much giving up. It seems there kits are always sold out and a main doesn't even list the kit any longer

I have been putting off getting the kit but now I'm thinking it should be off from the list completely
rekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:13 PM   #18528
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekim View Post
Is Durango pretty much giving up. It seems there kits are always sold out and a main doesn't even list the kit any longer

I have been putting off getting the kit but now I'm thinking it should be off from the list completely
Man that's the question of the hour. I recently got my DEX210 sorted out, thanks to those who helped, and love the car. Just starting a DEST210 rebuild and teetering on the DEX410V5. I'm just like you though, I'm starting to worry about the money and time I've invested. Team C seems to be trying hard to make a comeback and they have a full lineup. Seriously questioning my choice here. I invested heavily on a DEST210 and DESC210 even though they are discontinued. I haven't had any trouble getting parts other than DEST bodies.... Yet. Their Facebook page seems to only work one way, as in people post and talk to themselves and other users; zero company input. It's like no one is home. I personally like being able to talk to anyone from Team Associated whenever I need to. I've dealt with reps from many rc companies and they are usually hot on it to talk to people using their equipment in the field. One good thing though is there is strong forum support by a few members for these cars. But what happens when they inevitably move on to other projects?
Old 11-02-2016, 08:28 PM   #18529
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Durango hasn't updated their FB page since the 21st which is kinda odd. Maybe their one employee is on vacation.
Kremzeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:08 AM   #18530
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I called tower to see when the dex is due in again and they are going to call me back to let me know
rekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:32 AM   #18531
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
Durango hasn't updated their FB page since the 21st which is kinda odd. Maybe their one employee is on vacation.
We need a like button.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:43 AM   #18532
Tech Addict

Quote:
I called tower to see when the dex is due in again and they are going to call me back to let me know
I couldn't stand it anymore, Tower has a club special going on so I picked up the 410v5. Now I've got everything but the 210F, which I might pass on being that I run on outdoor, 1/8 tracks. Though it might be fun to try and make it work. I guess when it comes down to it, as long as common wear parts remain available, everything should be fine. I highly doubt TD is going away completely. My personal belief is that the parent company doesn't know what to do with a small, boutique race brand and is not giving them the resources to play. Hopefully someone with a dream and a vision will step into the drivers seat of TD and use the huge resources that Great Planes can provide. They have to convince the big three in the company that a solid race brand can help sell more rtr's and support equipment. With gp doing the distro, we should never have any issues getting parts. Ever. Full stop.

On another note, have any of you played with the Multi-Axle to tune your steering? I know my new setup uses the long axles and inside axle holes and the car has more initial steering than its ever had. Yet, that setup should be providing more late turn steering. I just want to make sure mybfeont end setup is not fighting the Multi-Axle. Harmony man.... Lol
Old 11-03-2016, 06:50 AM   #18533
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Quote:
Its ironic that the new spur gear for the DEX8/DESC10/DEX8T that was being waited for finally released but its not announced on there main webpage as an "update". Maybe I am looking for more fanfare I guess.

Quote:
Looking forward to what you hear. Right now I am down to 2 durango vehicles, the dex410v5 and the desc410v2, mainly as I wanted a killer indoor 4x4 SCT as that class is still big out here and it does share some parts with the dex410v5 so looked like a good option.

All in all though, I won't be surprised if the news is not good unfortunately.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:56 AM   #18534
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_r View Post
I couldn't stand it anymore, Tower has a club special going on so I picked up the 410v5. ...
One heck of a vehicle and looking forward to your posts on it on the dex410v5 thread.

Things to watch for:

- Servo space is small for anything that is fatter than what is common. If the dimensions are fatter than say a Savox SC1258TG servo, you may have trouble with clearance and proper position of the servo horn. One of the futaba new high power servos won't fit because of this.

- wing mounts are week. put JB Weld on them to beef them up or spend the $$$ on the exotek ones. Unfortunately the mounts are only on a $$$ part tree so in the end, the high dollar exoteks may actually be a cheaper way to go in the long wrong if the JB weld trick doesn't work

- Watch the shock shafts. Some of them appear to have been overhardened and could snap at the threads in a crash. You can use the "gold' shafts that are slightly longer with a limiter in the shock body as they are very close in length and would be more durable. Also, get extra shock ends from Intech cheaper, no stupid part tree, and they fit fine to have spares as if you break the shock shaft at the thread, can't really get it back out easily

Outside of that I really didn't have any complaints, kit setup for carpet from what i recall (or close) was money. I also ran my ESC behind the motor similar to the dex210F.

I also went with exotek 12mm hexes all around and liked that a lot.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:20 AM   #18535
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
One heck of a vehicle and looking forward to your posts on it on the dex410v5 thread.

Things to watch for:

- Servo space is small for anything that is fatter than what is common. If the dimensions are fatter than say a Savox SC1258TG servo, you may have trouble with clearance and proper position of the servo horn. One of the futaba new high power servos won't fit because of this.

- wing mounts are week. put JB Weld on them to beef them up or spend the $$$ on the exotek ones. Unfortunately the mounts are only on a $$$ part tree so in the end, the high dollar exoteks may actually be a cheaper way to go in the long wrong if the JB weld trick doesn't work

- Watch the shock shafts. Some of them appear to have been overhardened and could snap at the threads in a crash. You can use the "gold' shafts that are slightly longer with a limiter in the shock body as they are very close in length and would be more durable. Also, get extra shock ends from Intech cheaper, no stupid part tree, and they fit fine to have spares as if you break the shock shaft at the thread, can't really get it back out easily

Outside of that I really didn't have any complaints, kit setup for carpet from what i recall (or close) was money. I also ran my ESC behind the motor similar to the dex210F.

I also went with exotek 12mm hexes all around and liked that a lot.
You weren't kidding about the price of that wing mount. Both DEX210 and 410 are like $28+. For that price there better be a little dude in the box that jumps out to install it before running back home to Exotek.....
Old 11-03-2016, 10:30 AM   #18536
Tech Addict

Speaking of $$$ parts trees...

Does anyone have an extra type B rear bumper (the MM one) they'd want to sell? Somehow I snapped the one on my buggy and I really don't want to buy the whole set just for that little part.

Also, does anyone have an alternative for those stupid little inserts (part 310459-4) that go in the hangers? I keep losing them and I don't really want to buy a new gearbox if I don't have to.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:22 AM   #18537
Tech Addict

Quote:
Speaking of $$$ parts trees...

Does anyone have an extra type B rear bumper (the MM one) they'd want to sell? Somehow I snapped the one on my buggy and I really don't want to buy the whole set just for that little part.

Also, does anyone have an alternative for those stupid little inserts (part 310459-4) that go in the hangers? I keep losing them and I don't really want to buy a new gearbox if I don't have to.
Hi Kremzeek,

I could help you out with the inserts, but sorry i'm from europe, but the little plastic insert should have a thickness of 3 mm, if i remember correctly, so you could use any kind of an standard stud ball washer with 3 mm thickness!
Hope that helps?

If i find the time, i can do a correct messurement, if you like?

Cat K2 / DEX410V3 / DEX410V5 / DEX210 / DEX210F / Cougar SVR /
YZ-10 '94/'95 WCS/
Spectrum DX3R
micholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:28 AM   #18538
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I have a decked out DEX210 V3 for sale if anyone is interested and parts to go with it. It has the Exotek conversion, Exotek rear bulkhead, Exotek front Bulkhead, Exoteck rear hubs, Exotek front and rear hex setup and more. Car is loaded. Will come as roller or could sell with Hobbywing 160 AMP esc. If interested I can get more pics and work on a rice depending on how you wanted to buy it.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:46 AM   #18539
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by micholix View Post
Hi Kremzeek,

I could help you out with the inserts, but sorry i'm from europe, but the little plastic insert should have a thickness of 3 mm, if i remember correctly, so you could use any kind of an standard stud ball washer with 3 mm thickness!
Hope that helps?

If i find the time, i can do a correct messurement, if you like?
No worries. I appreciate the thought. I have some on my other cars that I can measure. I was just hoping that someone had an easy solution before I head off to the hardware store and see if they have anything.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:08 PM   #18540
Tech Legend

yeah those insert pieces always seemed to get feet here so I ended up just using stuff I could find to replace.

In addition, I 'think' when I went to the Exotek Mid bulkhead it wasn't needed? I could be wrong though.