Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 08:38 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

can't see the pics right now (firewall) but looking forward to!

As for springs seems a variety of vehicles out there people still go with the kyoshos, is it because they are more consistent spring to spring or what? for the money they should be ... maybe dipped in gold too ...

If you can take vids of your vehicle would love to see it.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:56 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
Thanks Wyd for posting your pics and updates. What foam are you using for spacing. I want to order some but can't tell in pics in web which ones will go the full length of a shorty.

Look forward to your testing and updates. I had the same issue w/ my Kyosho springs. If you figure out a solution please share.
I used the foam for the B5M #91536. It comes with assorted sizes and works great in my new setup. I will figure out a solution for the problem with the cups. I will work on the shock thing later this week when I'm at the shop next working.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:03 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Cain
can't see the pics right now (firewall) but looking forward to!

As for springs seems a variety of vehicles out there people still go with the kyoshos, is it because they are more consistent spring to spring or what? for the money they should be ... maybe dipped in gold too ...

If you can take vids of your vehicle would love to see it.
I used the Kyosho springs because I wanted to try JR Richards Durango setup that he used for the short time he ran the car and if you don't do it exactly you won't know how it works if you only do some of the changes. I didn't mess with my Durango much as I only ran it a few weeks towards the end of are indoor season so I only scratched the surface setup and never did move my shorty pack until building my new Exotek version. I didn't try any other springs other than the Kyosho but this year I will be trying a lot of new things and will be running mod instead of stock. My car in stock was a top 2 thru 4 car evey week and I led a few and just screwed up on my end. In mod we have a lot of young sponsored drivers and just making the top 10 is good. We have many AE sponsored guys and a few Losi and we get sometimes 30 to 40 or more in mod. So I need to a little faster than stock but need stock type consistency to make the A. I don't need to be the fastest overall but do need a smooth, easy to drive, consistent car and I think I will have this with a little messing around.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:12 AM
Tech Legend

good luck. Must be interesting to be in a sea full of Losi and AE vehicles your Dark Horse Durango lol.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:29 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

good luck. Must be interesting to be in a sea full of Losi and AE vehicles your Dark Horse Durango lol.
I had a B5M for 2 years but I like running stuff that not everyone has and the Durango is nice as its easy to get since Great Planes carries them and not many people running them. I never like running mainstream and in the past I ran Schumacher a lot of the times until they moved back to England. Are track is mostly AE and some Losi and then we have a couple of Serpents, maybe my Durango and 1 other and once in a while a Schumacher and a PRS1 in 2wd stock and or mod. I expect to see a Hot Bodies D216 (if I didn't run my Durango this is what I would be running) since it looks like it is getting better results every time out with it.

I feel more accomplished if I go fast with something that you just can't copy one of hundreds of setups but have only a few to give you an idea and the rest is up to you. Its just me as I have nothing bad to say about my B5M as it was an excellent car but just not how I'm wired.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:37 AM
Tech Legend

I know the feeling, I ran for Academy back in the day and had fun showing what the vehicle could do. Another guy would clean up 1/10 2wd here with it.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:36 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Here is the battery setup I used (Close up)

Directions for battery strap. With my foam setup I don't need battery stops.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:37 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I know the feeling, I ran for Academy back in the day and had fun showing what the vehicle could do. Another guy would clean up 1/10 2wd here with it.
You will know this ride.

Old 08-15-2016, 01:22 PM
Tech Legend

good stuff.

One thing I am finding interesting reading up on the other vehicles is that it looks like AE guys running on more loose stuff are looking at MM4 setups. I'll be trying that just by the nature of the stuff I run out here and my last experiences.

I do want to try those VRP pistons, just out of stock right now at Amain. I also contacted A-main about carrying the exotek durango chassis, so if you have interest, give them a call / email.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just went from a Dex210v2 with sideways battery to a AE B6D.

I had a 210v1 then v2 in RM MM4 MM3 run countless of different setup's and have back to back driven a b5m and my 210. On a loose dirt track.

No matter what I did with my 210 in Modified (8.5t) on a loose dirt track I could never generate the same rear grip levels of B5M B6D 22 3.0 etc.

Even with a sideways shorty which gave more grip it would never generate the rear bite

None of these issues apply for Stock but in Modified you just need so much more rear grip.

One of the biggest reason for my change was durability, im no A main driver and crash often but the amount of Rear Arms & C Block I broke in my 210 was getting painful.

I dont know if they had another bad plastic composite batch but my son run a 210v2 and in the last 3 race meets has broken 2 rear arms 2 c hubs a front tower and and a shock shaft, he is only 6 and hits everything but I think something is up with the plastic in durango cars right now.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:57 PM
Tech Legend

one thing I noticed that really helped with side grip assuming you are running Mid motor is the exotek rear bulkhead. dropping the ball stud height below stock really upped the grip for me.

As for durability, been doing well here with that luckily outside of the bad run of shock shafts for the new cars. Durango must know something was up as they sent me the gold ones instead.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone know how Travis Amezcua did at the ROAR Nats? Durango hasn't even mentioned the event on their FB page. You'd think they'd at least say something about their one factory driver.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

one thing I noticed that really helped with side grip assuming you are running Mid motor is the exotek rear bulkhead. dropping the ball stud height below stock really upped the grip for me.

As for durability, been doing well here with that luckily outside of the bad run of shock shafts for the new cars. Durango must know something was up as they sent me the gold ones instead.
Yeah I never did try the Exotek bulkhead I could see that helping, im not really suprised at the newer stuff generating more grip bu the 210 is a 6 year old design, my sons car with inline shorty and a 17.5 seems perfect but in terms of grip and steer.

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
Anyone know how Travis Amezcua did at the ROAR Nats? Durango hasn't even mentioned the event on their FB page. You'd think they'd at least say something about their one factory driver.
Don't think that's really a priority for TD at the moment.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:49 PM
Tech Legend

yeah unfortunately without a racing team not sure if they are going to focus on that.

shame.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:32 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

The B5m makes tremendous amounts of rear traction and with the brass rear mounts its really has a lot of weight on the rear end. For a 6 year that is breaking that much stuff seems to me that he is just trying to go too fast. My one Durango has 2 years with a buddy that has never driven a buggy and ran stock with mine for 2 years and broke one ball cup and he wrecked a lot. Depending how race ready he is to me a Losi is built like a tank so you could grab him an older 22 2.0 or something someone is unloading cheap. It is about as tought as they come next to a Traxxas Bandit..

The tracks I run on are all medium to high traction so the Durango is fine. Car is still up to date enough to be fast but it would be nice if they truely did update. Maybe rear motor would be better for you son as that should produce plenty of rear grip.

Last edited by wyd; 08-15-2016 at 11:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.