Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 08:55 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

It may be tied to the weight they are seeing on the rear I am thinking relative to the pack they are wanting to have coming off of jumps, etc and the surface they are using it on.

It may be worth trying with some of the cheap durango pistons and give it a go. If I had a local track to hit up for practice I'd give it a try.

The Owner from Plan B is going to see if there is a body that fits tighter to the chassis than the stock unit.

If anyone runs with people using the new RC10B6D and has a plan b chassis and drop the body on your car to see how it fits?

The xray one would work from what I saw, just need to see if there is a better way to secure the rear body versus the two large body posts.

Anyone get the exotek chassis in and have comments on it?

Plan B one worked excellent on loose dirt from what i saw in MM3 configuration.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Good idea Cain. I have some blanks I can drill and fool around with. Once I get back to the track. Probably not for a few weeks. I will let you know.
Front Pistons moving slower with 3x1.4 may pack at the same rate as a rear piston moving faster with two holes (2x1.6).
Will find out
Old 07-28-2016, 01:23 PM
Tech Legend

yeah will be some good info. Man I wish I had a track to test the settings. I got extra shocks here I can configure and due testing with quickly too.

heck if the dex210v2 I am selling doesn't sell, maybe I'll keep it and use it for parts.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 271 (100%+)

Hey guys I have a really nice DEX210v3 for sale with a few Exotek parts also listed in the for sale section.

You can check it out here.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...v3-roller.html
Old 08-02-2016, 03:14 AM
Tech Addict

Default Exotek chassis?

Did anyone get his chassis allready?
Would be very interrested in, how it works on the track....
Old 08-02-2016, 02:20 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
I'm thinking of getting the VRP 3x1.4 and use them front and back. Maybe drill one set out to be 3x1.5 and use that in the rear.
I don't understand how JP and Amezcua used 2x1.6 in the back and 3x1.4 in the front, seems very counter intuitive to me.
Can someone explain to me how that would work?
I use this setup on my car and it works overall pretty good. I would like to run this setup with the battery running across as I have only run my battery down the center so far. Deciding if I want to just mod the chassis or order the Exotek one. Modding the chassis will be easy and very cheap. If I take my time it will look pretty factory so might just try that as if it don't work I'm not out any extra money but just a little time.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wyd
I use this setup on my car and it works overall pretty good. I would like to run this setup with the battery running across as I have only run my battery down the center so far. Deciding if I want to just mod the chassis or order the Exotek one. Modding the chassis will be easy and very cheap. If I take my time it will look pretty factory so might just try that as if it don't work I'm not out any extra money but just a little time.
Wyd,
Are you running front 3x1.4, and rear 2x1.6? What track surface are you on and what oils, just curios. Thanks

I modded my chassis and really like the results. Moved the battery about 8 mm from rear post screws. I really want to get the exotek chassis. But am waiting to see what Durango is going to do. I like the new B6. A lot of the guys at our indoor track are running the B6d with the lay down transmission. Might go in that direction if Durango doesn't update the ST/SC in the next few months.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:19 AM
Tech Legend

Yeah, hopefully durango is going to go ahead and do something more with the other platforms. Right just waiting to see what is up. They do have some parts coming down the pipe for the DEX8 based platforms but its weird that tower has a listing for the part, but nothing on durangos official website.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:10 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Wyd,
Are you running front 3x1.4, and rear 2x1.6? What track surface are you on and what oils, just curios. Thanks

I modded my chassis and really like the results. Moved the battery about 8 mm from rear post screws. I really want to get the exotek chassis. But am waiting to see what Durango is going to do. I like the new B6. A lot of the guys at our indoor track are running the B6d with the lay down transmission. Might go in that direction if Durango doesn't update the ST/SC in the next few months.
My setup is just like the one JP Richards had on his car that is posted on Petit R/C. Are track is normally medium to high bite clay but we don't run slicks. I'm also running the same Kyosho spring combo he has listed. The clay is very smooth other than the jumps. I still run my battery up the center but will be changing that the next time I run the car. It has the 1.6 rears and 3x1.4 front pistons. 32 1/2 front oil and 30wt rear oil
Old 08-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks so much. Will give it a try with some blanks I have. If good will go to VRP's.
We use electrons and I just put some JConcepts smoothies on my ST. Similar surface to you I would say, not always real smooth though. Good size jumps.

Last edited by WallyRC; 08-04-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:39 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Thanks so much. Will give it a try with some blanks I have. If good will go to VRP's.
We use electrons and I just put some JConcepts smoothies on my ST. Similar sugar to you I would say, not always real smooth though. Good size jumps.
The piston combo I run is what the guys where doing on the B5M and I ran this same combination but didn't use the VRP pistons. Worked great on my B5M and I imagine my Durango would be even better if I ran the battery across like the newer cars do nowadays.

I'm still debating if I can to just mod my car for the battery to go across, spend the money for the Exotek setup or just buy a new car for the season. Just not 100% on what I want to do. If I fix my Durango or buy the chassis and it don't work I spent money I could of just used on my new car. Good think I have 2 plus more months to figure it out.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:45 AM
Tech Legend

personally, I'd say mod the car first. If you like how it feels, they it may make you want to invest in the exotek chassis.

If anyone runs with say b5ms or b6s can you measure the distance side to side of the widest point of the body? I am basically looking to see what bodies will fit my plan b conversion. The xray xb2 body would fit, but $$$ for the body lol.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default More steering??

Fred I know you know this better than most, but this question goes out to all:
On my ST more than the buggy but does on both, I am getting descent turn in, especially when braking but getting some push coming out of the corners or if I am coming in way too hot. I know I can lessen the front droop to try and add on power steering but I like having more suspension travel with the large jumps. Would lowering the roll center assist as well? Should I try a short front camber link to increase on power turning? What is my best and first option and go from there.

I am running MM3. Soft springs up front but balanced with the rear. Haven't switched to the new Pistons yet. Run on indoor dirt/clay with pretty good traction. Ball diffs.
Thanks guys!!!
Old 08-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Tech Legend

could you add weight to the front?
Old 08-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
could you add weight to the front?
Simple fix. And yes I can. Thanks!! I have the 20g exotek weight. Will try that as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.