R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree23Likes

Old 06-26-2016, 12:43 PM   #17866
Tech Addict

I agree with asalas. I have three 1/10 Durango's. The SC,ST, and Dex. I love them all. Don't know what is going on with the SC/ST. A-Main hobbies always has a descent stock of parts since there is no hobby shop near me. But recently parts for the trucks are saying DISCONTINUED instead of back ordered. Durango is going to have to change the two trucks layout to conform to the 12mm hex rule. Figure front and back A-arms will get shorter, updated axels. Hopefully their is a V2 in both coming. The buggy has mainly been driven by my 10 year old son the last year and half and is very durable. It handles great!! Love having many parts to share. Hope they don't dump the SC/ST platform. I know some people said Travis Amezcua, team driver, was testing some ST out. We will see.
WallyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:15 PM   #17867
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The SC and ST have been discontinued for awhile and I'm grateful that Durango has done as well as they have to provide parts for them. After years I've waiting, I've also accepted the fact that a V2 of either is not coming.
Kremzeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:10 AM   #17868
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Hi All,

I have an unrelated release tomorrow and then the DEX chassis is next in queue Shooting for Wed the 29th.
is this why the kit is not available anywhere, Is this a new version like v4? or a chassis you need to buy seperately anyway
rekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:43 PM   #17869
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekim View Post
is this why the kit is not available anywhere, Is this a new version like v4? or a chassis you need to buy seperately anyway
I think this is a 3rd party chassis rather than from Durango. V3 and dex210f only recently released.
Pistol123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:59 PM   #17870
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol123 View Post
I think this is a 3rd party chassis rather than from Durango. V3 and dex210f only recently released.
Then why is it back ordered everywhere until august??
Old 06-27-2016, 04:39 PM   #17871
Tech Adept

probably because Durango didn't make enough...
blankenj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:23 PM   #17872
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Then why is it back ordered everywhere until august??
To me this is a huge problem. Soon as my Great Planes rep calls I have a list of questions and this is one of them. How can you own a car company abd not have any as this really has me questioing what GP is planning to do with Durango as then seem more worried about Arrma than Durango.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:55 AM   #17873
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
To me this is a huge problem. Soon as my Great Planes rep calls I have a list of questions and this is one of them. How can you own a car company abd not have any as this really has me questioing what GP is planning to do with Durango as then seem more worried about Arrma than Durango.
I think you hit it on the head. They seem to be more concerned with the Arrma side of things. It's what Traxxas did in the early 90's. For a time they seemed to be making a serious attempt at the performance racer crowd. Then they realized that there was more money in the basher crowd and gave up on true race cars. Now it's all about marketing. It's a business decision and it's their right to choose how to run things but it seems that if you don't want to support your race oriented cars then you should just not release them at all and focus everything on something else. The 210 has far too many flaws to be a serious competitor and unfortunately the 210F shares many of those flaws. Parts support isn't very good and even their awesome 1/8 scale cars are being repaired with Arrma parts by people. They've got potential. They are just giving up on it.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:16 AM   #17874
Tech Regular

The dex210v3 and dex210f are not good cars?
Old 06-28-2016, 08:53 AM   #17875
Tech Elite

By the time you address all of their fundamental design flaws, you could have just had a different car.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:00 AM   #17876
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
By the time you address all of their fundamental design flaws, you could have just had a different car.
What are some of the issues. I have one on backorder but if it's junk I might cancel
Old 06-28-2016, 09:51 AM   #17877
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
The dex210v3 and dex210f are not good cars?
They are really good cars but they are sold out at Great Planes the Distributor to most hobby shops and don't show back in stock til August. They are more than capable to run with any of the other top brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:07 AM   #17878
Tech Elite

Quote:
What are some of the issues. I have one on backorder but if it's junk I might cancel
The parts fitment is sloppy compared to some others. Parts availability is problematic. The steering geometry is all out of whack and no matter what you do you'll always have bump steer. You'll want to replace the steering rack with a stronger one btw. I've got the Exotek on mine. The shocks don't give enough suspension up travel so when you are running a low ride height on high grip tracks, the car can't roll well due to suspension bottoming (not vehicle bottoming on the track). This causes you to lose grip. Driveshafts have been problematic over time. The wing is ridiculously placed down low behind the rear shock tower for looks rather than in the air stream where it could actually benefit for performance. The gearbox may bind if screwed together tightly (assembled correctly). You don't have the option to run a shorty across the chassis like others do. The steering servo is mounted up high, raising the front center of gravity.

If you want one that bad you can take mine off my hands. After 4 years, I'm effectively done with it. I've got Exotek parts all over it, a full compliment of springs, various shocks, towers, spares, etc. I've gone back to driving a 1991 Team Losi JRX-Pro instead and I'm happier with it.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:57 AM   #17879
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
The parts fitment is sloppy compared to some others. Parts availability is problematic. The steering geometry is all out of whack and no matter what you do you'll always have bump steer. You'll want to replace the steering rack with a stronger one btw. I've got the Exotek on mine. The shocks don't give enough suspension up travel so when you are running a low ride height on high grip tracks, the car can't roll well due to suspension bottoming (not vehicle bottoming on the track). This causes you to lose grip. Driveshafts have been problematic over time. The wing is ridiculously placed down low behind the rear shock tower for looks rather than in the air stream where it could actually benefit for performance. The gearbox may bind if screwed together tightly (assembled correctly). You don't have the option to run a shorty across the chassis like others do. The steering servo is mounted up high, raising the front center of gravity.

If you want one that bad you can take mine off my hands. After 4 years, I'm effectively done with it. I've got Exotek parts all over it, a full compliment of springs, various shocks, towers, spares, etc. I've gone back to driving a 1991 Team Losi JRX-Pro instead and I'm happier with it.
I am no expert and keep checking but i am sure i have zero (or close enough) to zero bump steer on my dex210. Spares issue does worry my, even in the UK but they are very strong and have only broken a couple of rf hangers - with two beginer drivers.
Pistol123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:40 AM   #17880
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

having owned the dex210F and running it where it supposed to be ran, It was money. I can't comment on if this design part is better than this part, etc. But I never found myself fighting the car for what it was designed for in comparison to the competition.

As for the dex210v3, there are things they should have done prior to releasing a V3 version, like the side pod change in my opinion. Just not enough car there to call it a V3, maybe a V2.1 would work.

But outside of that, the car does work for what I need for racing conditions.