R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree24Likes

Old 05-28-2016, 08:00 AM   #17806
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

on the stock powered buggies outdoors, do you guys like 12.3mm rotors or 12.5mm rotors?
Old 05-28-2016, 08:36 AM   #17807
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKR90&P=7

A dab of this grease inside the gear box and on the spur will quiet the noise down. My cars are not noisy. I have had the same tube for over 5 years.
invrtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:20 PM   #17808
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invrtd View Post
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKR90&P=7

A dab of this grease inside the gear box and on the spur will quiet the noise down. My cars are not noisy. I have had the same tube for over 5 years.
Well glad im not the only one that has noticed the noise. I think I might give the grease a try but I don't necessarily think it is needed.

Today, I ran it in the stock class and it was much quieter! I think that the main problem is that the stock and probably Exotek covers simply aren't deep enough and the spur gear basically comes into contact slightly while running the car and causes the contact/rubbing that makes that annoying vibrating noise!

Since I am running the exotek slipper eliminator I decided to slightly sand down the Robinson Racing spur gear a bit with some sandpaper on a FLAT Surface with like 120 Grit. I think it helped quite a bit to silence the tranny like it should be. Not sure, but this might even help with a slipper. However don't remove too much and sacrifice the pads ability to remain in secure engagement with the spur! Basically the material only needs to come off of the Outer edge closest to the cover obviously!

I think it quieted things down for me and interested if anyone else does this if it quiets down their car as well!
Turtle Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 11:23 PM   #17809
Tech Addict

I am still running an original dex210. I want to upgrade to plus 8 chassis. Should I go with the dimec/dimec20 or aluminum. I did have a plus 8 dimec back in the day when they first came out, but it broke at the front bulk head so I went back to aluminum chassis. However, I think having the plus 8 would be nicer to drive. Looking at the revolution design plus 11 too since I think I can use my stock side pods. What are opinions on advantages and disadvantages of alum vs plastic chassis? I also ordered slippper eliminator, ultra light idler, and ultra light front 12mm hexes with axle. I am totally upgrading my dex210 since I have 2 of them and so many parts it's cheaper to upgraded than buy the new v3.

For those using slipper eliminator on stock motor on high bite clay and slicks, what rotor are you using in your motors. Higher RPM or torque.

For anyone using Rev Design plus 11 chassis, do I need v2/v3 chassis parts to connect to it or do the original parts work.

Last edited by invrtd; 05-28-2016 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:47 AM   #17810
Tech Legend

Quote:
I am still running an original dex210. I want to upgrade to plus 8 chassis. Should I go with the dimec/dimec20 or aluminum. I did have a plus 8 dimec back in the day when they first came out, but it broke at the front bulk head so I went back to aluminum chassis. However, I think having the plus 8 would be nicer to drive. Looking at the revolution design plus 11 too since I think I can use my stock side pods. What are opinions on advantages and disadvantages of alum vs plastic chassis? I also ordered slippper eliminator, ultra light idler, and ultra light front 12mm hexes with axle. I am totally upgrading my dex210 since I have 2 of them and so many parts it's cheaper to upgraded than buy the new v3.

For those using slipper eliminator on stock motor on high bite clay and slicks, what rotor are you using in your motors. Higher RPM or torque.

For anyone using Rev Design plus 11 chassis, do I need v2/v3 chassis parts to connect to it or do the original parts work.
another chassis to throw out there to you is the plan b chassis. I have this, and its a really nice piece of work. Talking to the manufacturer about the chassis (and will be trying this) he is saying that with the orientation of the battery and the chassis, they run the vehicle in mid motor configuration in all conditions. I really like that to cut down on flipping things when I go from dirt to carpet.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:22 PM   #17811
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:

The DIMEC types chassis have been updated since the initial release, look for the type B versions.
Personally, I'd only recommend the DIMEC for low traction dirt and the DIMEC20 and aluminium for med-high grip due to the difference in flex characteristics.
The RDRP chassis is designed for v1 parts but you can use most v2/v3 parts on it.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:53 PM   #17812
Tech Addict

Do you have a link or details about the type b chassis?
Old 05-30-2016, 03:38 AM   #17813
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
DIMEC http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD320229
DIMEC20 http://www.team-durango.com/part-inf...artNo=TD320247
Old 05-30-2016, 09:50 AM   #17814
Tech Legend

Quote:
try him here:

https://www.facebook.com/planbrc/
Old 05-30-2016, 08:48 PM   #17815
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:

Regarding upgrading the chassis- I would wait 2 or so weeks because something has been in the works

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:06 AM   #17816
Tech Legend

good stuff. Hopefully that includes the rumored wing mounts for the dex410v5/dex210f too.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:23 AM   #17817
Tech Addict

That's what I'm talking about!!
WallyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:38 AM   #17818
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Make some wing mounts that raise the wing about 1". It is far too low to be of any use right now. What moron hides an aerodynamic device down low behind a shock tower?
Old 05-31-2016, 08:08 AM   #17819
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Regarding upgrading the chassis- I would wait 2 or so weeks because something has been in the works
Oh yeah... I hope this is a chassis similar to what they have available for the Losi 22.
Kremzeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 02:31 PM   #17820
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New laydown gearbox option?