R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree43Likes

Old 04-20-2016, 02:09 PM   #17686
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

If the new cars are better at parts wear that what I have heard with their SCTEs, thats a plus in the column for them.

hmm, the dex210F is also the same, mid august.

Anyone get in touch with Travis or something else up there at durango to find out what is going on? Makes no sense your dirt car basically is out of commission as far as being able to be purchased till darn near the end of the season for a lot of us who have a real winter.

If anyone wants a dex210v2 for spares or to use, feel free to shoot me a message. I am going to downsize to just the dex210V2-PlanB and my DEX210F for now.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:32 PM   #17687
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Anyone get in touch with Travis or something else up there at durango to find out what is going on? Makes no sense your dirt car basically is out of commission as far as being able to be purchased till darn near the end of the season for a lot of us who have a real winter.
I reached out to Durango UK about a week ago since they're usually pretty helpful (and actually respond to emails.. unlike Durango US) and haven't heard back yet... which is kinda odd.

You have to wonder if they ran into manufacturing delays. The 210F came out in what, February? For me, that meant that my indoor season was already 2/3 over and I wasn't really in the market for a new carpet car. Now the outdoor season is upon us and the DEX210v3 is sold out until fall. Also, things as simple as locknuts are delayed until late May. What's going on Durango!?

I thought about getting a 1/8 scale Durango buggy this summer but it sounds like there are parts shortages with that platform as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
If anyone wants a dex210v2 for spares or to use, feel free to shoot me a message. I am going to downsize to just the dex210V2-PlanB and my DEX210F for now.
That's tempting.. but what I really need is a new body since I'm going from MM to RM and current one is a bit too short and kinda beat to hell. I may just end up paying scalper prices on eBay.
Kremzeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:54 PM   #17688
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Chris Doughty is an awesome guy. I have nothing bad to say about him and suspect that he's as frustrated with things as we are. I believe that many things are above his level though, which is unfortunate. From talking to him in the past, he definitely wants what's best for the customers but it's not always up to him.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:28 PM   #17689
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
Selling new cars is worthless if you can't get spare parts for them. I've gotten fed up as well. The only reason I might be able to actually sell my 210 is because of the Exotek parts on it but that's it. I suspect that they are severely budget limited and I'm sure it's frustrating to the people actually doing the design work on these cars. It's the people above them that run the financials. Losi just keeps doing more and more things that show me that they are the only ones that truly understand car geometry and it makes it harder and harder not to jump in with them, especially since I was always a Losi person going back to 1988.
Exactly I might as well go all Losi.
Castle Creations( Since April 2016)
bmag5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:47 PM   #17690
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
That's tempting.. but what I really need is a new body since I'm going from MM to RM and current one is a bit too short and kinda beat to hell. I may just end up paying scalper prices on eBay.
Heck, I can take care of that for you too as I do have a new one sitting here as well that I could work in . If that interests you feel free to drop me a line.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:04 AM   #17691
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Wow kinda sucks to see that Great Planes shows Mid August on the 210v3 and 210f buggies for availability. Since Great Planes bought Durango they should be able to keep ahead of this stuff. Right now are 1/10th program is not running as everyone has gone 1/8 which isn't a problem as I have a good amount of DEX8 parts in stock and most are showing in stock at GP. Not sure what is up with the 1/10th stuff. I should ask my a buddy of mine who races for Durango if he knows why they don't have any kits and won't til August sometime.

I don't think its Durango as much as it is Great Planes. I find that over the last year or so they area always out of stock on stuff and then takes them forever to get more in stock. Not sure if they let stuff run out on purpose and wait to get a lot of orders for that part and then try to get more or its just plain bad management running the place and possibly lack of enough people working to keep proper inventory of parts. I have the same problem ordering tires from all the main brands as 1/2 the time they are on back order. Sucks going to a distributor to order your parts and then you can't get them most of the time and we wonder why hobby shops are closing up. This is just one of the many reasons why.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:11 AM   #17692
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
... I should ask my a buddy of mine who races for Durango if he knows why they don't have any kits and won't til August sometime ...
I'd be curious, please do. I shot travis an email message about it as well.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:01 AM   #17693
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 352 (100%+)

Anybody know where I can find a new unpainted or even a still good 8+mm for my dex210 with long chassis ? I'll take still good painted one if someone is willing to sell but I'd like a new one if someone would sell. Can't find anywhere
Old 04-23-2016, 10:53 AM   #17694
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter george View Post
Anybody know where I can find a new unpainted or even a still good 8+mm for my dex210 with long chassis ? I'll take still good painted one if someone is willing to sell but I'd like a new one if someone would sell. Can't find anywhere
Welcome to the club. I've been looking for a body for my DEX210v2 and they're backordered. If you're willing to pay a premium, there is this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231603641977...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 04-23-2016, 11:56 AM   #17695
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I know everyone says the jconcepts body doesn't fit the V2, but here is a picture of my buddies V2 with that body on. Seems to fit fine to me and might be a good option for the mean time.
Attached Thumbnails
Durango DEX210 Thread-image.jpeg  
Laker67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:01 PM   #17696
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremzeek View Post
Welcome to the club. I've been looking for a body for my DEX210v2 and they're backordered. If you're willing to pay a premium, there is this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231603641977...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
So all version 2 dex210 bodies are +8mm ? Thanks
Old 04-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #17697
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter george View Post
So all version 2 dex210 bodies are +8mm ? Thanks
Yeah, the bodies for the v2 and v3 are +8mm. Keep in mind though that the side pods on those two buggies are bigger than those on the v1 so there's probably gonna be a bit of a gap.

My wive's v1 buggy has a Jconcepts body on it and I've tried fitting it on the v2. It does sorta fit, but its not really flush around the side pods, which bugs me a little.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:39 PM   #17698
Tech Champion

Great thanks so much for the help. Version 2 I used to run back when there was a 13.5 buggy class at our track. Since then been sidetracked with other buggies but I do think I'm coming home to Dex210 again
Old 04-23-2016, 08:24 PM   #17699
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Im trying to update my truck to the long outdrive cups. It seems like the ridge the bearing ride on the diff is a bit wider. When I tighted the trans back up everything inside gets tight as a bitch. I have to back off all the transmission bolts way way off. Anyone shed some light on this problem. I searched but couldn't find anyone else having the same problem. Thanks
Pekr.da.skurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:37 PM   #17700
Tech Legend

I have had issues with the tranny cases doing this on a few of the dex210s I have had unfortunately . I basically now just watch how I tighten the cases.