Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wyd
Had a good weekend racing my 210V3 Durango at my local shop. Was TQ after the first round and 3rd after the 2nd round. Had one mistake that the marshall didn't pick up and lost 4 seconds. 3 of us all ran 14 laps in 5 min 14 sec. Hundreths apart for use top 3. I the main worked up to take the lead for abut 2 1/2 minutes and made a mistake and it cost me 3 spots and finished u 4th for the day. Car was dialed and only person to blame was the driver. Here is what the car looks like now after my new lid was painted by my buddy at CR Graphics.
That car is sick looking!! Love it!! Love the green rims!! Maybe give us a picture of it under the lid and share some of your setup and your track type.
Thanks!!
Old 02-08-2016, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I definitely like the V3 body much better than the V2.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fredswain
2nd That!!
Old 02-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
Looks like there's a lot more room under the lid for elecs and wires and stuff. The V1 body is like a skin. Sheesh! It rubs on everything!

My used V1 came with a Finnisher body, but I ordered the Durango alien style V1 buggy body (because I don't really like the cab forward design). That Durango body squeezes on everything and barely fits down. It has become my "display" body only.

The more and more I look at these cab forward bodies, the more I dig 'em. I don't love them, but I don't hate them as much as I did.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know there's the Plan B chassis, but it would be awesome of Exotek did something like this for the DEX210:

http://www.exotekracing.com/exo22-70...-tlr22-22-2-0/
Old 02-08-2016, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

I am curious to hear the thoughts on which side to run the motor when running it in MM. I am running the dex210, (yes the dinosaur). As of right now I have the spur gear on the right side of the buggy if you was looking at the front tires and looking back. I am running it as three gear and I had to set the motor up to run in reverse to be able to do this. I am curious is it better off to have the it setup on the opposite side or does this really matter at all? I am also running a full size battery and not a shorty.

I have already noticed better performance from the car just by switching to mid motor. Just was curious if there would be anything else possible to do to the original version of the car before going all out with either a new one or maybe doing a chassis change for this one.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

You are effectively running with the weight transfer as if you were running mm4, you could try running the motor the correct way if you're running on high bite surface.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
That car is sick looking!! Love it!! Love the green rims!! Maybe give us a picture of it under the lid and share some of your setup and your track type.
Thanks!!
I will get a new picture under the body later this week. I have some new parts going on and wiring is changing some as well. I will take new pics this weekend.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply Pistol. I just never could figure out why it was being setup to be placed on both sides nor the main reasoning. Coming from running dirt oval and the motors being setup midmotor format in those with the motor actually being on the opposite side in the car where no motor reversing has to take place. The only other change that I would possibly do next would be to experiment with the servo, as the one I have in now is not a high caliber one just one to get me by on trying this out before going any further. I am curious do you have any recommendations for a ride height by chance? I tried to go about 24 to 25mm front and back on mine. So far this seems to be the way to go, just the main issue still seems to be the one component I control at all times which is ... the driver lol.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

This may help explain:

http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...onfigurations/
Old 02-09-2016, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

If you are running 3 gear, regardless of which side of the car the motor is on and whether or not you needed to reverse the rotation of the motor to do so, the motor will always rotate counter to the wheels. When you are at the back of the vehicle, looking towards the front, in 3 gear, the spur gear should be on the right. If you have it the opposite and the motor is reversed to compensate, it still behaves the exact same. 3 gear, spur right. 4 gear, spur left. A 3 gear will not behave like a 4 gear or vice versa.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

See I would have shot off the line the other way than I intended!
😊
Old 02-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

If I am at the back of the buggy, my spur gear is on the left side in 3 gear mid motor. All I did was reverse the motor rotation via the speed control to make sure it would spin the proper way instead of me mashing the throttle and the buggy going backwards instead of forward lol. I do recall during the early days of brush motors , where someone managed to solder the motor wrong and put it on the track to race and well... lol. It was not pretty but it was funny.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:09 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by klowne
If I am at the back of the buggy, my spur gear is on the left side in 3 gear mid motor. All I did was reverse the motor rotation via the speed control to make sure it would spin the proper way instead of me mashing the throttle and the buggy going backwards instead of forward lol. I do recall during the early days of brush motors , where someone managed to solder the motor wrong and put it on the track to race and well... lol. It was not pretty but it was funny.
My car is pictured up above and its a 3 gear mid motor setup. Spur gear is on the right hand side with the motor coming in from the left. I think your setup is for the 4 gear tranny mid motor. That is why you had to reverse rotation of your motor.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
My car is pictured up above and its a 3 gear mid motor setup. Spur gear is on the right hand side with the motor coming in from the left. I think your setup is for the 4 gear tranny mid motor. That is why you had to reverse rotation of your motor.
He built it as a 3 gear but put the spur and motor plate on the wrong side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.