Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by emerilnut
did the original 210 have holes in the ballcups for easy adjustment of the ball screw?
Yes, the original 210 already had the HD ballcaps with the holes, but the composit material was a little bit harder, so when they did pop off once in an crash, you had to replace them, as they did'nt hold up well anymore!
The newer type b are softer and hold up better.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:49 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by emerilnut
did the original 210 have holes in the ballcups for easy adjustment of the ball screw?
Not sure but I know I use to make my own holes in the ball caps once they made adjustable ball studs with the hex in them.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

durango just needs to retool some side pods to make it for sideways shorty - then shouldnt need the links.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey ya'll! I have the v2 model and am having trouble finding a body. I just got the j concepts finished body and it isn't a good fit, but I should be able to make it work. Since the stock can forward body seems to be discontinued, is there another v2 body that will for the v2 +8km chasis?
Old 01-11-2016, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BryanAZ
Hey ya'll! I have the v2 model and am having trouble finding a body. I just got the j concepts finished body and it isn't a good fit, but I should be able to make it work. Since the stock can forward body seems to be discontinued, is there another v2 body that will for the v2 +8km chasis?
Hi Bryan, the v3 body should be a direkt fit! Actually i do like the look of it ways more, than the v2 body.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micholix
Hi Bryan, the v3 body should be a direkt fit! Actually i do like the look of it ways more, than the v2 body.
Awesome, thank you!
Old 01-11-2016, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jake S

durango just needs to retool some side pods to make it for sideways shorty - then shouldnt need the links.
I totally agree!! Check out the Plan B Chasis on Facebook!! Think it is what you are looking for.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
I totally agree!! Check out the Plan B Chasis on Facebook!! Think it is what you are looking for.
no it is not. i said sidepods to use the stock chassis, not a new chassis.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fredswain
The timing of the release is based on what projects they are doing in what order and when those projects get done. They did the DEX8/DESC10 first and released them. Then they did the DEX210V3, 210F, and 410V5 next. This is just where the timing fell once the projects were completed and parts were ordered. There's nothing weird about it. You can't just time big projects to coincide with some racing season somewhere.
So there is a huge strategical mistake in this.
Basic marketing lesson: know your market and don't miss the timing of your product. That is what make your product successful.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:34 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

maybe with the way tracks are going high traction, maybe they figure the market will still be good for the vehicle, and, it could give it time to get a bit more refined through actual driver usage before the next winter racing period.

Both my dex210v2s came in with more parts than I could shake a stick at lol. Clean up today and will look into getting my plan b setup all together.

I agree that if they made some different side pods you could do the layout that the plan b offers, not sure why they don't look at that, maybe there is more to it handling wise they don't see a benefit?
Old 01-12-2016, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

no it is not. i said sidepods to use the stock chassis, not a new chassis.
Jake, I'm agreeing with you. I mentioned many pages back when they released the V3 why they didn't change the sidepods. I don't think they are in any hurry to do that. Would be great if they did. Just thought I would mention the plan B because it is designed to run the shorty sideways.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WallyRC
Jake, I'm agreeing with you. I mentioned many pages back when they released the V3 why they didn't change the sidepods. I don't think they are in any hurry to do that. Would be great if they did. Just thought I would mention the plan B because it is designed to run the shorty sideways.
I agree that a revised sidepods would have helped as a selling tool to market the v3. I am sure more people would have jumped on it.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by manumanrc
So there is a huge strategical mistake in this.
Basic marketing lesson: know your market and don't miss the timing of your product. That is what make your product successful.
Have you ever worked on a large project? Have you ever missed your deadlines? There's an awful lot to coordinate with product design and manufacturing and most people are clueless about what is involved. How about number of employees working on a project and their budget? Do you think that has any effect on timing? It happens. What if they can't get it out when you personally want it out? Do they just put everything on hold until next year or do you go ahead with the project and get it out when you can so you can benefit from it? Racing "seasons" don't exist everywhere. Here in Houston, we don't care what the season is like in Canada or New York or any other place that lives in the snow. We have 1 season and it's all the time. I agree that a differently timed release would have been better but then again I have no proof that sales would be affected. After all I'm not buying a 210F or a 410V5. I like the cars but I already have 50+ cars. I'm not buying another one from anyone for a long time.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I tried the Durango with sideways lipo as well -- makes the car much easier to drive with better balance. You will need to hack up the side pods quite a bit though.

This is what I think many folks were hoping durango would do with its V3.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:57 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Would be cool if Durango made side pods to run the battery side ways. It would be a nice option.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.