R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree26Likes

Old 03-31-2015, 10:47 AM   #16231
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Nothing really, they're great cars or if the box. If recommend the spring sets though
Great Hobbies, Hobbico, Skyrc, Exotek
rcjunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:43 AM   #16232
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anyone know what parts are needed to convert the front axles to associated hex?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-m...l#post11891510
touringdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:11 PM   #16233
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My apologies if anyone mentioned it and I missed it but Exotek has a couple of new things out for the 210. The new rear motor HRC bulkhead conversion is the same mod that Jorn Neumann used at the 2014 Euro Championships. It looks like a nicely machined piece.
http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210-r...ad-conversion/

They've also got a new V2 style rear tower that is 5mm thick.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:33 PM   #16234
Tech Apprentice

Default Dont hesitate to purchase the dex210v2

BryanAZ .... I've been a team durango owner from day one and have owned every vehicle they make aside from the tc and truggy. I have to say the dex210 is very versatile and has served me well both on indoor carpet and indoor clay surfaces. The only upgrade i've considered a must is aluminum rear hub carriers... I also always keep the infamous itty bitty top shaft bearing on hand as a spare at all times.
theycallme_cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:54 PM   #16235
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any tricks to getting the gearbox freed up? I have degreased the bearings, removed the shims, spun it up with a drill to break in the little bump on the idler, perfectly torqued the screws for the least amount of pinch. I've set it up as rm3 and 4 to get the most free set of idlers and it still couldn't get anywhere close to any of my b4 trannys. It is good until the other side of the gearbox goes on, almost like it pulls the diff just slight off axis and loads the bearings a wee bit.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:46 PM   #16236
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallme_cee View Post
BryanAZ .... I've been a team durango owner from day one and have owned every vehicle they make aside from the tc and truggy. I have to say the dex210 is very versatile and has served me well both on indoor carpet and indoor clay surfaces. The only upgrade i've considered a must is aluminum rear hub carriers... I also always keep the infamous itty bitty top shaft bearing on hand as a spare at all times.
Cool, thanks for the info!
BryanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:01 AM   #16237
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbv20j View Post
I finally finished building my dex210v2 and fired it up for a test run, but it looks like I am getting to much slip I tightened the slipper clutch up all the way and still could not get the front wheels to raise off the ground when holding the rear wheels what have I done wrong?
Pulled it down tonight I am unable to tighten up the ball diff?
Screw is free to turn but does not tighten up on the t nut ( if that's the correct term)
It will not loosen or tighten
sbv20j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:58 AM   #16238
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The t nut is probably stripped out.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:24 AM   #16239
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallme_cee View Post
What about the top shaft bearing? And where is this? I don't carry this spare and am wondering if I should. What exactly happens to it?

Thanks in advance.
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:41 AM   #16240
Tech Elite

It's the little 5x8x3 bearing on the top shaft opposite to the spur side. It's just a tiny thing that takes a ton of abuse. If it fails it can shred the idler gears. I keep an eye on it, if it gets gritty it gets replaced
Old 04-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #16241
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky1 View Post
It's the little 5x8x3 bearing on the top shaft opposite to the spur side. It's just a tiny thing that takes a ton of abuse. If it fails it can shred the idler gears. I keep an eye on it, if it gets gritty it gets replaced
Hmmm...interesting... it's probably a good idea to put a piece of tape over it so that dirt doesn't get in. Thanks for the tip!
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
Old 04-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #16242
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skrichter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
Any tricks to getting the gearbox freed up? I have degreased the bearings, removed the shims, spun it up with a drill to break in the little bump on the idler, perfectly torqued the screws for the least amount of pinch. I've set it up as rm3 and 4 to get the most free set of idlers and it still couldn't get anywhere close to any of my b4 trannys. It is good until the other side of the gearbox goes on, almost like it pulls the diff just slight off axis and loads the bearings a wee bit.
+1.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:03 AM   #16243
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
I've thought about this for 30+ years of doing RC... I decided that one crash would eliminate any possible advantage that a "super free" drivetrain would provide. I used to remove the shims on the bearings also, but the ultimate maintenance was a horror. The B4 tranny's ARE more free. There is nothing you can do on the DEX outside of shaving down the gears to make them more free. Yes, I've known people who have done that historically and got great results. OR you can just keep running them until they get that way and improve on your driving time while doing so. In a nutshell, IMO, NOTHING beats practice time. Also, the best batteries and best motors will not give you nowhere near the same advantage as practice time...
Old 04-01-2015, 02:39 PM   #16244
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
Hmmm...interesting... it's probably a good idea to put a piece of tape over it so that dirt doesn't get in. Thanks for the tip!
The slipper spring makes that impossible
Old 04-01-2015, 03:00 PM   #16245
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky1 View Post
The slipper spring makes that impossible
When a hobby shop orders a bunch of bearings, they come in plastic tubes. Some tubes actually fit around the slipper nut and it has a cap that you can remove when you need to adjust the slipper nut.