R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree27Likes

Old 03-21-2015, 07:08 AM   #16201
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Man i got my car pretty dialed now! I had messed up with my camber so it was making me twitchy everywhere on the track. Now i square up coming of jumps better and its easier to drive. I'm running on a medium to small indoor track thats pretty slick and bumpy and i've been playing with the front end and have gotten it to feel comfortable now. I was running a soft spring in front and went one step heavier and it fixed the nose diving problem i was having. I also moved the battery pack in the middle/closer to the back with 1/2oz of weight in the front to calm it down on the slick track. I also played with the bumpsteer and for me on my track 1mm under it feels perfect, along with 3mm trailing, 25deg caster. My setup feels good in the front.

Just thought i should share my setup a little for someone that was having the same issue i was having trying to hook it up! If you want to know more i'm free to help and put in my advice. Only thing i need to play with now are tires, mine are getting weak on me lol
71schaeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:07 AM   #16202
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the setup info! I'm running close to you I have 25 caster but only 2 mm trailing I'm testing it at the track today but it seemed good at my home track
iceman_bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:33 PM   #16203
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt View Post
Some carpet specific tires can make a big difference in ride height, here's a comparison pic between a dirt and carpet Proline tire.

I can't think of anything that would case the difference in ride height by swapping arms. Could you take a picture so we can see if there is anything wrong?

I was refering to the spacers above/below the knuckle.
I put the V1 arms back on, rides at 25 mm front now.

I have 1 spacer in front of the knuckle and 3 behind.
Devin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:43 AM   #16204
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just wondering if this is the official 210v2 thread?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-m...l#post11891510
touringdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:45 AM   #16205
Tech Champion

Can associated hex wheels be used on this buggies front and rear? B5 has hers front and rear.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:05 AM   #16206
Tech Elite

We tried an official V2 thread. No one posted in it. There's really no reason for a new thread with each revision of a vehicle anyways.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:32 AM   #16207
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
We tried an official V2 thread. No one posted in it. There's really no reason for a new thread with each revision of a vehicle anyways.
Works for me!
Old 03-24-2015, 08:10 PM   #16208
Tech Champion

Can anything be changed on the front of this buggy to except B5 front hex wheels?
Old 03-24-2015, 08:26 PM   #16209
Tech Master

Send a message via Skype™ to 13Maschine

After a great deal of testing with my rear shocks mounted in front of the rear tower thinking that having most of the weight centered in front of the motor in MM4 setup I decided to try them mounted in the rear of the tower. Last night I tested out the new setup and I think it is quite a bit better. My initial thoughts are that having the shocks on the outside of the tower (or behind it) spreads the weight of the car out a bit instead of having it all highly focused and thus the car doesn't rotate as much. It seems more stable. I will try and do more testing next time around.

Secondly, This makes it easier to access the gear cover and also allows you to lay the shocks down a little further as normally the gear cover would block you from using anything more than the 3rd hole.

I'd love to hear some discussion on this. Thanks in advance!
13Maschine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:10 PM   #16210
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Maschine View Post
After a great deal of testing with my rear shocks mounted in front of the rear tower thinking that having most of the weight centered in front of the motor in MM4 setup I decided to try them mounted in the rear of the tower. Last night I tested out the new setup and I think it is quite a bit better. My initial thoughts are that having the shocks on the outside of the tower (or behind it) spreads the weight of the car out a bit instead of having it all highly focused and thus the car doesn't rotate as much. It seems more stable. I will try and do more testing next time around.

Secondly, This makes it easier to access the gear cover and also allows you to lay the shocks down a little further as normally the gear cover would block you from using anything more than the 3rd hole.

I'd love to hear some discussion on this. Thanks in advance!
I would agree with you! I run MM4 and have tried them on back and on front. With in the front i noticed the rear end acts a little quicker because the weight is located more on the shock, and thus making it turn sharper, and can sometimes handle better on a tighter track/rougher surfaces. With them in the rear its easy to access the shocks and gear area, also it tends to mello the car out a bit more because you made the car longer and spread the weight out. Its what i have experience but everyone is different
Old 03-25-2015, 06:37 AM   #16211
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71schaeffer View Post
I would agree with you! I run MM4 and have tried them on back and on front. With in the front i noticed the rear end acts a little quicker because the weight is located more on the shock, and thus making it turn sharper, and can sometimes handle better on a tighter track/rougher surfaces. With them in the rear its easy to access the shocks and gear area, also it tends to mello the car out a bit more because you made the car longer and spread the weight out. Its what i have experience but everyone is different
is one better than the other if say the track loses some traction, but still mid motor in general works better?
Old 03-25-2015, 08:10 AM   #16212
Tech Master

I don't think the car is any longer with the rear mounted shocks....Wouldn't that require either a change in the wheelbase via moving the hubs or using a longer chassis? I guess the shocks could bring the rear out a bit....

I agree the car seems to pivot a little slower overall, so it feels a bit more stable. Less likely to spin out.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:07 PM   #16213
Tech Master

I'm looking at my car and having the shocks mounted in the rear of the tower is the same overall length. So it's really a weight distribution or perhaps as I think fredswain has mentioned before the change in shock angle creating a stiffer rear end.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:08 PM   #16214
Tech Master

On another note, I ran 4WD front wheels and tires on the front of my MM4 car and it steers really well this way. I am not sure if it meets ROAR specs though. I would guess not. Haven't had a chance to research the width limits etc as of late.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:01 PM   #16215
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
is one better than the other if say the track loses some traction, but still mid motor in general works better?
Honestly im not sure about the traction characteristics but it changed how fast the car would react if you have the same shock setup, and moved them forward or backwards.