R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree27Likes

Old 01-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #15766
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
yea that's what im likely to do just go to Rear motor when i go back to that track. I know most guys run the B5M with the 4 gear mid motor how they get it to hook up on that surface i have no clue.
When you are talking about the Mid motor on low med grip, the B5M is a different beast. First of all I bet they are running square packs right?

You can't compare the DEX210 running a shorty to a B5M with a square. Even if you put a full sized lipo instead, they still have a square so they have more weight in the rear than you will on your car. Thus they inherently will have better grip than you due to more rear weight bias. Sure you can start adding more weight to the rear there but I find that counter productive. We don't have a chassis where we can run a full square. Otherwise it would be easier to tune our DEX210 on more surfaces.

Okay there are some who might disagree with me here, but here is my thinking.
If the grip is low to mid. Run rear motor. If it is high then run mid. Don't try to get a mid motor car to run on low grip. If you are at point where on the B5M work and the Mid motor 22 and DEX210 don't have the same level of grip, try running rear motor, shorty lipo full forward. You will be able to accelerate harder out of the corner than the mid motors, and adjust your front droop to get the aggressiveness you need. Also adding a bit of weight to the front (near the servo) helps, if you require a bit more steering or you find the front end lifting on acceleration.

Just run your Rear motor against them and you will do just fine.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:47 PM   #15767
Tech Initiate

Here is my DEX210V2 now complete. Tekin G2 8.5T and Gen 2 ESC for power. The idea behind the scheme is the idea that the car body is red hot and bursting out of the ashes. Kind of a marbled fade is what I was after. I wanted something different.

Super08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #15768
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino_D View Post
If the grip is low to mid. Run rear motor. If it is high then run mid. Don't try to get a mid motor car to run on low grip. If you are at point where on the B5M work and the Mid motor 22 and DEX210 don't have the same level of grip, try running rear motor, shorty lipo full forward. You will be able to accelerate harder out of the corner than the mid motors, and adjust your front droop to get the aggressiveness you need. Also adding a bit of weight to the front (near the servo) helps, if you require a bit more steering or you find the front end lifting on acceleration.
That's exactly how I am running mine on dirt at the moment. I'm Steven P, the only other rear motors were Steve H and Scott. I wasn't the fastest but was consistent since i could control it well.

Last edited by rc_dude; 01-13-2015 at 07:42 PM.
rc_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #15769
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
When you are talking about the Mid motor on low med grip, the B5M is a different beast. First of all I bet they are running square packs right?

You can't compare the DEX210 running a shorty to a B5M with a square. Even if you put a full sized lipo instead, they still have a square so they have more weight in the rear than you will on your car. Thus they inherently will have better grip than you due to more rear weight bias. Sure you can start adding more weight to the rear there but I find that counter productive. We don't have a chassis where we can run a full square. Otherwise it would be easier to tune our DEX210 on more surfaces.

Speak for yourself!
Old 01-13-2015, 01:48 PM   #15770
Tech Prophet

Quote:

Oh I know most people do use the square packs on the B5M and it's a heavyer buggy for sure than this buggy so it should be better with Mid motor on lower traction .

So yea il be using rear motor on that track just thinking if il do RM3 or RM4 . I know the guys watching were amazed at the throttle control i had to use to not spin out lol .

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #15771
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would generally agree with this.

Quote:

Old 01-13-2015, 10:56 PM   #15772
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC10Nick View Post
Speak for yourself!
Nice chassis. But a chassis like that isn't readily available to the general public. Unless you are gonna start a production run. Until then, us mere mortals have to make due other ways. .

But yeah a chassis like that will bring the weight more to the rear like the B5M
Old 01-14-2015, 06:57 AM   #15773
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

I remember having a vehicle that had a similar layout to that that was mid motor. was as PSI racing conversion for the Academy GV2 and GV2T. even had an SCT conversion too. Material was FRP but really hooked up on the loose stuff.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:07 PM   #15774
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Nice chassis. But a chassis like that isn't readily available to the general public. Unless you are gonna start a production run. Until then, us mere mortals have to make due other ways. .

But yeah a chassis like that will bring the weight more to the rear like the B5M
Sure there is!!

re-do73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:53 PM   #15775
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by re-do73 View Post
Sure there is!!

What is the pricing on these chassis? Looks very nice!
ricerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:37 PM   #15776
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I remember having a vehicle that had a similar layout to that that was mid motor. was as PSI racing conversion for the Academy GV2 and GV2T. even had an SCT conversion too. Material was FRP but really hooked up on the loose stuff.
I ran the lmx, the losi version, and it was fast. It had the same layout as the xfactory car but was a dual lawyer g10 chassis, I still regret selling that car. I ran it on a loose track and did well, then I got a few friends to get xfactory cars and they started cleaning up. Mid motor has always been the way to go regardless the surface
Great Hobbies, Hobbico, Skyrc, Exotek
rcjunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:02 PM   #15777
Tech Prophet

Hum with that Plan B racing chassis in the pic with the mid motor 4 that would work for sure on lower traction . Wish there was a website though for them .

But with the stock chassis and the shorty pack and esc inline not so much on mixed clay inless you go with lighter shock oils and more Anti squat other things that's why its easier to go with the Rear motor on it.

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:52 PM   #15778
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
I took everything out of the car last night and took pictures of it and everything else for it to get it ready to sell. While looking over the car it occurred to me that I was a bit sad. I actually really like the car. The 210 is a good car and I've got lots of time with it. More than any other car in the last 20 years. It's not perfect but it's certainly not deserving of much of the hate it receives elsewhere on the forum. I've mentioned my gripes with the car but I'll have complaints about any of them. It's durable, tunable, handles well, is a bargain compared to the others and is in general just an overall good car.

I haven't listed it yet. Now I'm torn. Maybe I should get the other car and then compare them side by side. I'm looking at the 22 2.0 from a suspension geometry standpoint and on paper I suspect it's better. Memory fades quickly though. Perhaps the best thing would be to have both of them side by side to know for sure. I'm positive that I don't want a B5 though!
Hey Fred, have you thought of taking the front drive lines out of a 4wd buggy and running it 2wd. They have a lot less front kick up but you would have to deal with the car being front weight biased but you could overcome that with adding rear weight. Just a thought

Tim
Tdub77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:14 PM   #15779
Tech Adept

I would keep the durango and compare side by side. I am interested in the comparison and i think that you might hate the TLR . I ran a 22 1.0 for a very short time and it got super sloppy. Not sure if the 22 2.0 is any better.
Speedo711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:23 PM   #15780
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricerscott View Post
What is the pricing on these chassis? Looks very nice!
"DEX210 CHASSIS CONVERSION, COMES WITH EVERYTHING IN THE PICTURE. $78 SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN THE LOWER 48 STATES. WILL SHIP INTERNATIONALLY FOR ACTUAL COST"

quoted from there facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/planbrc
Speedo711 is offline   Reply With Quote