Wiki Posts
Search

Which servo for T4

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
Please elaborate on which models you have tried/recommend for both 1/10 truck and buggy.

Thanks in advance.
I use the 1409 servo. .09 and 195oz. In my X60. I'm also goring to get the lowpro file servo for my b44
Old 01-18-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Thae factory specs mean nothing. Just lies and propaganda. You really need to drive or fly with a servo or seek others advice. The factory specs seem made up. .13 isn't allways .13 Not to mention most servos slow down when load is applied. Those speed specs are no load. Often in 1/8thscale a torque servo can be faster than a speedy one. Deosn't apply to 1/10th though.

I used to choose the best servos for my rides without going to overkill. The problem allways seemed to be that just enough servo wasn't allways enough. and a real good servo is 70-80, allmost as expensive as the mother of all servos:

The Hitec 7955. Theres more to it than speed and torque. The servo has to be accurate, react quickly, not overreact and get twitchy, and never, ever, ever, break down in the A main.

Even with the slower 7955 I use -20 to -30 expo. The servo just keeps on asking for more punishment. I mean my servo savers are CA glued together! I used to buy 2 $50 servos and they'd last a season or two. Now everything I run is higher end Hitec. Even alot of old 5955's still running like new.
I bought a used 5955 at a race when i fried my servos in my 8ight. since i dont run it in the winter i am using it in my stadium truck. the spec is usually for 60 degrees of throw so if you can use a longer servo arm you can increase speed some if you have the room. you will lose torque though but i have more than i need.

Last edited by Brandon_oma#692; 01-18-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I orderd Associated DS1313 Hi Performance Digital Servo hope i did choose a good one