SC10 vs Slash vs ?? >

SC10 vs Slash vs ??

SC10 vs Slash vs ??

Old 01-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default SC10 vs Slash vs ??

Hey folks,

I'm wanting to get into SC racing and am looking for some advice as to which SC truck to get. I mostly see people with SC10s and Slashes, but I know that there are other 1/10 SC trucks out there. Can some of you guys tell me what are some of the pros and cons of each truck?

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaptCrunch
Hey folks,

I'm wanting to get into SC racing and am looking for some advice as to which SC truck to get. I mostly see people with SC10s and Slashes, but I know that there are other 1/10 SC trucks out there. Can some of you guys tell me what are some of the pros and cons of each truck?

Thanks!
which class does your track support?...that's a good starting point
I'm not gonna give you the pro's and con's since this subject has been covered 6 million times..
sc10
blitz
slash
Old 01-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have a Slash and I like it but now that I'm getting more into racing I'm going to pick up a Blitz. The best thing you could do is try 'em out at your LHS. It's really all in what you want to do with it. I just came across the Aftershock 8e from Redcat Racing (just google Redcat Aftershock 8e) and I think that would be great for someone new to SC trucks. It's 4WD, RTR w/ 2 LiPo's & charger and a Tx/Rx. It's literally RTR haha.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Slash 4x4 PE

I love my 2wd Slash, but 4wd w/ a center diff... nice.

My 2wd is fun to drive, but with a brushless, getting power to the ground can be a pain sometimes. Feather the throttle...
Old 01-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

going all out with the slash and pro-trac suspension. the only thing i hate about the slash is the slipper clutch. so very cheesy and eats spur gears.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

There is also the LOSI Strike. (It isn't legal at ROAR sanctioned races)
Old 01-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

SC10 hands down.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up sci0 is the best out

sc10 no questions asked
Old 01-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by x60Driver
SC10 hands down.
i agree ,i allso have a sc10 and love it but my friend races a hpi blitz and does well with it .so im just saying if you want to be differant a blitz is not a bad truck
Old 01-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Comparing the Slashes and SC10s, which one holds up better to abuse? This whole SC thing is new to me so I'm sure that it will crash ALOT at first.

Oh, have any of you tried the Jammin' SC truck that came out a few months ago? Just wondering because I have a bunch of 1/8 Jammin' nitro vehicles and they are built like a tank.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The sc10 is specifically a race truck based off of the t4. Almost all of the parts are interchangable.

The slash is a truck that has its own specific spec class.

The best way to put it is if your intentions are to race a slash or spec class, buy a slash.

If your intentions are to race mod, or even change out the motor for a faster one, buy an sc10.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

don't even try to outrun an sc10 with a slash, the t4 has proven itself so raceworthy that you'd be hard pressed to beat one. which brings me to another point, its not the car its the driver.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Hey folks,

Thanks!
Comparing the Slashes and SC10s, which one holds up better to abuse? This whole SC thing is new to me so I'm sure that it will crash ALOT at first.

Oh, have any of you tried the Jammin' SC truck that came out a few months ago? Just wondering because I have a bunch of 1/8 Jammin' nitro vehicles and they are built like a tank.

by your signature, it appears you have many RCs and are experienced so you should know how this hobby works and since you've been a member here for a while with quite a few posts you should know how this forum works.

people are going to be biased on "what's best" and it's usually referred to as brand-whoring. the only person that knows what's best for YOU is going to be you.

this forum is full of all kinds of current discussions about the various SC trucks out there and YOU need to read through them and make your own decisions, for otherwise this thread is pointless.

your no rookie/newbie, you should be able to handle this
Old 01-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

my Sc10 with a slash motor gets 14-15 laps in a qual, my Slash gets 13-14.

A 22sec diff over 5 min. Everyone loves to say the slash will keep up, but alot of people who own both chose the Sc10 for thier mod SCT and leave the slash stock.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by justanotherdude
by your signature, it appears you have many RCs and are experienced so you should know how this hobby works and since you've been a member here for a while with quite a few posts you should know how this forum works.

people are going to be biased on "what's best" and it's usually referred to as brand-whoring. the only person that knows what's best for YOU is going to be you.

this forum is full of all kinds of current discussions about the various SC trucks out there and YOU need to read through them and make your own decisions, for otherwise this thread is pointless.

your no rookie/newbie, you should be able to handle this
Yeah, basically I was looking for more of a "Consensus" of current attitudes toward the SC's than cold hard facts. And believe it or not, that's what I'm getting from all the opinions here. In fact I think I have what I need to make a decision now. Thanks guys!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.