Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default slash 4x4 vs hyper 10sc

im looking for a 4x4 truck, need help on what one to get
Old 01-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Get the slash, theres gonna be more dealer support out there. Traxxas has a great tech support line and there trucks can take a beating.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Wait a bit longer if you can; to find out more about the trucks.

Each one will have their pros & cons. Better to wait and let other people figure that out for you. They're all still relatively new and teething. Still trying to figure out solutions to problems as well.

I got the Slash PE for my daughter (Christmas), haven't run it yet. There are a ton of Hyper10s out there already and the Slash4 ranks are growing. Some people prefer the Jammin to the Hyper as well.

Waiting a few more weeks would be ideal if you have the self-control.

+1 on making sure you will be able to get parts for whichever one you ultimately end up with.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by seany916
Wait a bit longer if you can; to find out more about the trucks.

Each one will have their pros & cons. Better to wait and let other people figure that out for you. They're all still relatively new and teething. Still trying to figure out solutions to problems as well.

I got the Slash PE for my daughter (Christmas), haven't run it yet. There are a ton of Hyper10s out there already and the Slash4 ranks are growing. Some people prefer the Jammin to the Hyper as well.

Waiting a few more weeks would be ideal if you have the self-control.

+1 on making sure you will be able to get parts for whichever one you ultimately end up with.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Not sure which is actually better. I bought a Slash 4x4 Platinum and installed the center diff to compare with the slipper, and the car is amazingly good in the parking lot and jumping snow piles. It's also apparently extremely durable, using actual revo diffs and some seriously beefy suspension components. The bumper fared really well in 18 degree weather, running into anything and everything frozen tonight. I couldn't believe I didn't break anything.

-Eric
Old 01-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Rookie

There were a few guys with Hypers at my local track but they seem to all be selling them. Not sure why exactly, possibly because they have to order parts, our local track doesn't carry that line. They were fast on the track though... I was hoping to race a few of them with my slash4 PE!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

If your going to do more racing than bashing I'd get the OFNA or The Jammin. They seem to work much better at our track than the slash's do.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hyper 10sc= True Racer
Slash=Basher
Old 01-05-2010, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i dont see myself competent enough to race four wheel yet, so i would get the slash4 so i have less of a chance of breaking the crap out of it.

but im not getting one though
Old 01-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hyper is you have expierence if you dont get the traxxas, but then you will learn once you get some racing time under your belt Traxxas plays their part in the hobby and a big 1, to bring new people to the sport thats it.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

IMHO, I think Traxxas does a GREAT job of bringing newbies into the sport and designs and builds durable and easy to maintenance/work on SC trucks (some people hate their other stuff, I've never owned their other stuff).

Their manuals and marketing materials are very polished and complete for the industry. Although I've never used it, I've been told their customer service is good.

Not racing regularly, I am wiling to sacrifice some performance for durability and ease of maintenance. More time driving and less time wrenching is my current priority. Not that this needs to apply to anyone else.

Traxxas provides that for me. In addition to everyone everywhere having parts is nice.

That said, I still LOVE and drive my OFNA 1/8.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Our Open 4x4 class is 90% Slash 4x4's. The 2 Ofna's we do have seem to have a bunch of power train problems revolving around the strange pinions they ship with that you cant seem to get anyplace. The Slash will grow with you skills, as the parts become available, comes loaded with good stuff, has 2 good options, and races just fine with some tweaking. You would be safe with the Slash as parts are readily available just about anyplace.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bag of doritos
Hyper 10sc= True Racer
Slash=Basher
A quote from the ignorant.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcmadman316
If your going to do more racing than bashing I'd get the OFNA or The Jammin. They seem to work much better at our track than the slash's do.
Were the slashes at your track platinums with the center diffs installed? I have seen both of them run and the PE with the center diff that is included in the box is not only faster, but it handles better. this is compared to an ofna with a 10.5 and a slash with a 10.5.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

funny how you guys want to compare a stock car like slash 4x4 to a competition car like ofna.
maybe thatīs why 90% youtbe slash videos is only bashing and running around..
and 90% hyper videos is track races.....

and i havenīt seen racers complain about hyper axles and hubs like some complain about the slash even the platinum version..

come on guys, open your eyes...

regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.