Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Were do you buy online?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

My LHS only. Unless there's something they can't order. I hate ordering online, you get charged out the nose for shipping and it take 3-4 days to come in. Who wants to plan ahead? Plus what happens when there's no more LHS's? Think twice next time you order online, and maybe give your LHS a chance to match online prices. (wich are not all that better when you factor in shipping and the time it takes parts to come in)
Old 01-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Prophet

heres where i order from

1. stormer hobbies

2. carolina r/c ,they wont be my #1 intil they get more things in stock insend of backorder.

3. amainhobbies, there prices are ok but there shipping is to expensive

4. tower hobbies , there site is out of order and some things on their are pretty expensive and thier shipping no way!

5. the toyz, i just order things for my rc18t and ,their service and shipping are great on time every time.

6. gshobby ,really good service and thier prices arent bad their shipping is ok

now i dont order from overseas, i dont trust what can happen over their.

i used to buy most of my things from, the lhs but it closed and the other one at least in pa is 49 minutes away not worth it.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I usually go to A-main and get free shipping because I wait until I get a $100 order together if possible, which means you get free shipping after you spend $100.

I tried Stormer Hobbies recently and don't think I'll go through them anymore. They charge a blanket 15% restocking fee on returned or exchanged items, with no exceptions. On my first order with them I returned an ESC/motor combo and sent it back to them the same day I got it (unopened), and while I was on the phone I ordered the replacement. Even though I ordered the replacement, and even though they again sold the one I returned to them in a day, they charged me a $40 restocking fee. I guess I should have asked about the return fee when I originally ordered, so I am not mad about it, it just doesn't make sense to me to charge a restocking fee when the customer exchanges, rather than simply returns. I haven't had a similar experience with A-Main so I'll stick there for the stuff I cant get at my LHS (Which is a good one!)
Old 01-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I use Tower Hobbies since the club member discounts are pretty substantial. However, since I'm working now, I'm going to support my LHS more, which I feel bad about since I've been ordering online for quite a bit lately. Only thing is I have to special order stuff at my LHS a lot.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

A Main Hobbies for some of my helicopter/car/truck orders. MyAtomic when I need dirt cheap car/truck parts totaling over $25.00 and want free shipping. Tower Hobbies gets used only when I have a $10.00 off of $50.00 order and I'm not in any hurry whatsoever for that order to get here because they will most likely use the ridiculously slow UPS/USPS "Mail Innovations" .

Joe
Old 01-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DANE_TRAIN
My LHS only. Unless there's something they can't order. I hate ordering online, you get charged out the nose for shipping and it take 3-4 days to come in. Who wants to plan ahead? Plus what happens when there's no more LHS's? Think twice next time you order online, and maybe give your LHS a chance to match online prices. (wich are not all that better when you factor in shipping and the time it takes parts to come in)
I hear you, but you must be one of the lucky ones. If you knew how horrible my local Hobbytown U.S.A. was, you'd go all online too.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm a Boat guy so Offshore Electrics and Rum Runner Hobbies also BBYRacing.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monster95
I hear you, but you must be one of the lucky ones. If you knew how horrible my local Hobbytown U.S.A. was, you'd go all online too.
I'm with you 100%. My local Hobbytown couldn't possibly suck any harder! The other LHS aren't a lot better either. If they have it IN STOCK I'm happy to buy local. 9 times out of 10 they don't and don't want to be bothered to order order unless I can wait two weeks or so. That's where online works for me.

Joe
Old 01-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by monster95

yea i hear you on that the last time i went to, hobbytown usa they sucked.
the lhs that i did go to if i order, something it would come in a week hobbytown oh just forget that .
Old 01-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by maxair45
Hmm your the first person I know that buys from the toyz. I refuse to buy from there.
Why, I've never had a problem with them, And the Shipping is alright too, they got alot of Product Specific Hop-ups, but sometimes i do find their prices to be a little bit high, but they got a broader selection than other websites
Old 01-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I buy mostly from Tower since I'm a member and get better coupons and I don't have to pay taxes since they are out of state. I buy my 8E stuff from my LHS so I don't have to pay for shipping.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Nor-cal hobbies and raceway has most of my Kyosho stuff, and hobytown usa for my traxxas stuff. Amain and the toyz for hopups.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:45 AM
Tech Adept

If you race or drive at a track buy from them if you have the money.
If your tight on cash then buy online like The barn floor http://dirtcheaprc.com/
Old 01-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I really try to buy most items from my LHS, they're good guys who have always treated me more than fairly. Many prices are the same as Tower's and they have a good selection of spares. Once in a while they won't have what I'm looking for and instead of giving me a BS line about availability they'll tell me to just get it from Tower because they know they won't have it within a week or two. Most online purchases are direct from the mfg. I just bought a killswitch from Killer RC, and recently bought a receiver direct from Novak.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

TheRCshack.com

they carry Xray stuff which is the big thing, AND if i call the can get me things FAST and price matching is easy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.