Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
do you consider a Losi strike to be a race SC truck? >

do you consider a Losi strike to be a race SC truck?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

do you consider a Losi strike to be a race SC truck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default do you consider a Losi strike to be a race SC truck?

when I went to the losi site and clicked on vehicles, then selected race, this is where it sent me...

http://www.losi.com/Products/Race.aspx

Do they not consider the strike to be a "race" SC truck? or is it just that it is not available in a roller.....
Old 12-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've read a few posts that it's not ROAR legal? I have the ROAR handbook but I don't have the truck to check it against, is this rumor true?
Old 12-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes the truck can race a local track the wheel base and i believe the length of the truck is to big only by a few mm so i believe roar is not changing the ruling on them to let them race but i have seen them in action and with the right setup and stuff they can hang with and beat slashs and sc10
Old 12-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

The Motor is placed on a diff spot.
As others say the lengh of the truck is Longer.
There was a 3rd thing ...

So to Roar rules they didnt allow it on the SC class.

But on local places its as fast and handles as well as a SC10 Blitz and Slash, as long as you got it dialed in.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've heard the rumor and from what I understand it's true... It's not ROAR legal but that doesn't mean it can't be considered a race truck. Once you get the bugs worked out I don't see any issues with racing it. As long as it's not a ROAR sanctioned event.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I've heard the rumor and from what I understand it's true... It's not ROAR legal but that doesn't mean it can't be considered a race truck. Once you get the bugs worked out I don't see any issues with racing it. As long as it's not a ROAR sanctioned event.
+1. I think 99.9% of the racers out there do not attend a ROAR event... Most club-level, local-level, will allow anything so long as it's fair...

I've seen 4wd buggies race against 2wd buggies because there weren't enough 4wd buggy entrants... Club-level is popular because it's flexible with whatever equipment you own... Not the other way around with sanctioned events because the level of playing field has to be evened out very precisely to reduce the number of variables...
Old 12-31-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by j33p3r
when I went to the losi site and clicked on vehicles, then selected race, this is where it sent me...

http://www.losi.com/Products/Race.aspx

Do they not consider the strike to be a "race" SC truck? or is it just that it is not available in a roller.....
are you looking for one? I have a nice re one that woul go great in your basement Jeff
Old 12-31-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Original question: do you consider a Losi strike to be a race SC truck?

Real answer: Yes! but a really crummy one. I'm a losi guy but they totally missed the mark on this one and the QC problems and long list of parts that break with great regularity sent me to HPI. I know it will have it's problems too, but I haven't seen one losi that can handle worth a darn and your reward for that bad handling is lots of DNF's as you bend dogbones.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
Original question: do you consider a Losi strike to be a race SC truck?

Real answer: Yes! but a really crummy one. I'm a losi guy but they totally missed the mark on this one and the QC problems and long list of parts that break with great regularity sent me to HPI. I know it will have it's problems too, but I haven't seen one losi that can handle worth a darn and your reward for that bad handling is lots of DNF's as you bend dogbones.
and bend or break tierods/rod ends

as far as the size.... ROAR seemed to base off of the slash. Strike has 10mm increased overall length, and 13mm increased wheelbase over the slash.

and now the bent dogbone curse bites me as well

Last edited by nharkey85; 01-04-2010 at 06:23 PM.