Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Flashback:  What was your first stock motor that was Roar 91 legal? >

Flashback: What was your first stock motor that was Roar 91 legal?

Flashback: What was your first stock motor that was Roar 91 legal?

Old 12-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

wow that brought back alot of memories..LOL I had a pocket rocket at that time as well.. Totally forgot about that till reading this.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default Heres mine...

Slot Machine was my first motor...Here is a pic with a bunch of stock and mod and handout motors from back in the day...These are for sale BTW if anyone wants to make an offer...

Old 12-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

trinity slot machine
Old 12-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
Not positive, but I'm guessing it was no label handouts from one of the Columbus Ohio races. Either the ’91 Roar Truck Nats or one of the Winter Champs races. Or maybe a Bud’s Racing Products, had a bunch of them since he was the local hero, and sponsored a lot of the local series and trophy races, including the truck nats.

Still have a bunch of them, including lots of other brands, both Epic and Yokomo based if I remember correctly. Probably have 40 or 50 of them with various labels up to about ’95. Never payed much attention to the brands since I rebuilt them all immediately anyway, just cared about which base since they needed different gearing.

Boy do I like brushless, no more new motor for each car every big race or every couple weeks.
I remember those days.. NORCAR handout Race Prep stock motors, CORCAR Lightspeed stock motors (blue labels then pink labels), Revtech stock motors, Wimpy stock motors........Ahhh those were the days. RIP tweak bars!
Old 12-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Ha! Mine was "Joel Johnson" Stock motor...still rememer the label on it. White with Joel holding a trophy over his head!
had a couple of the joel johnson motors, my buddys name was joel, so he always bought em

Originally Posted by hazzmatt70
mine was the trinity slot machine and a fantom motor but cant remember the name
the slot machine was the greatest stock motor ever lol ive prolly had 30-40 of em back in the day. i have one i kept, just for shits and giggles

Bud’s Racing Products, since I rebuilt them all immediately anyway,

:
i have a few buds motors from a race at coopers in VA, i remember the hotel that night. every 5 mins you would hear a thud on the concrete walkway, and a door slam. every one there popped those damn things open and turned em.

Originally Posted by Kent Beal
Mine was a no label Yokomo silver can, gold brush hood motor. It sure seemed good until the Trinity green machine came out.
had a few green machines, another favorite of mie was the monster horsepower. i had real good performance in monster truck class with em.

had alot of CAM motors, cause a buddy was sponsered.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:04 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

that motor on the lower left was thing of beauty, left unmatched for years. perhaps til the epic roar or monster.

R
Old 12-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Ha! Mine was "Joel Johnson" Stock motor...still rememer the label on it. White with Joel holding a trophy over his head!
I still have one of these motors. Been in and out of the hobby several times but for some reason, never parted with this motor. I think I still have one of the old Lemans 240 ST motors from back in the late 80's too.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jbeane
i have a few buds motors from a race at coopers in VA, i remember the hotel that night. every 5 mins you would hear a thud on the concrete walkway, and a door slam. every one there popped those damn things open and turned em.
Hey hey hey… I was just talking about breaking in the bushings, changing brushes, changing and tweaking springs, wrapping the wires, you know, just the basics.

Honest!

Well, except for maybe gently squeezing the tabs down a little, just to be sure…..
Old 12-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Hey hey hey… I was just talking about breaking in the bushings, changing brushes, changing and tweaking springs, wrapping the wires, you know, just the basics.

Honest!

Well, except for maybe gently squeezing the tabs down a little, just to be sure…..
haha, yea im sure. you cant imagine how many diffrent colors of nail polish we used to take with us. luckily the buds motors from that perticular race didnt have any paint on the tabs.

its only cheating if you get caught