Community
Wiki Posts
Search

novak ballistic

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

I'm beginning to wonder if I didn't get my harness seated all the way on my 13.5/Tekin RS Pro. It's driven funny since I got it. My SC10/17.5 seems to be quite a lot faster, with a Havoc Pro.

-Eric
Old 01-16-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you are going to bash a company or their product at least include all the details, such as gearing, what vehicle, what battery....This the rest of us can attempt to help you, or determine that you have brain damage and are insane. Einstein stated that insanity "is repeating the same process over and over again expecting different results". This sounds like the case to me. I have had two novak havok systems for a year now and the only problem I have encountered was that of me breaking the capacitor while in a hurry and frying the ESC. Note I take responsibility for the products failure and that was the one time there was an issue.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

bought mine a few months back and it was junk. so did a friend and his was junk. ive been seeing these stupid pieces of junk go all season.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The product is fine, no need to listen to the detailless rants of not home any further.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardude04
I'm beginning to wonder if I didn't get my harness seated all the way on my 13.5/Tekin RS Pro. It's driven funny since I got it. My SC10/17.5 seems to be quite a lot faster, with a Havoc Pro.

-Eric
did you put all the new software on the esc. You need to do that to have it fast.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Try to be constructive before you bash. Posting " El floppo" is useless waste of bandwidth for the rest of us.

The Ballistics work great with the Novak Esc's. Need a little more gear than a Tekin RS/ Tinity Duo. They just seem to act up with certain other Esc's sometimes.

I'm waiting for the "bugs" to worked out, then I'll get mine checked out and try it again or sell it to guys running Novak Esc's.

Last edited by Zerodefect; 01-16-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been running 2 different Novak Havoc 10.5 systems since June. Way too many Lipo battery cycles to count. At least 12 race weekends and numerous practice days. Replaced bearings once because of the sandy outdoor offroad tracks and a poorly designed gear cover(now fixed). I move all over the place with pinion/spur gearing because I hit lot's of different tracks.Not one problem.

Be a lover not a hater

Originally Posted by not home
bought mine a few months back and it was junk. so did a friend and his was junk. ive been seeing these stupid pieces of junk go all season.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Have had mixed results running the Ballistic on Tekin speedos - glitchy one day, fine the next, but I do like the fact that their sensor wire comes out in a favorable location. It's the only motor I've found that fits easily into older 1/12 onroad chassis and no installation issues with off-road cars. Power seems equitable with the other brushless motors we've liked too.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cyclone x
did you put all the new software on the esc. You need to do that to have it fast.
It was fast. I changed the motor from a 10.5 to a 13.5, then updated the firmware to 203, and now it's slow. Reminds me almost exactly of a 19t or 27t motor from back in the day. Not the brushless 13.5 that I've seen everywhere else.

-Eric
Old 01-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terminalpvd
The product is fine, no need to listen to the detailless rants of not home any further.
haha, youre the lucky one, one who gets a novak motor that actually works.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default There is a problem...

There is a problem... I have been running novak stuff for 25 years and i am not bashing but something has changed. I like to run the most competitive and high quality speedos and motors and am willing to spend a little more money on them. Novaks pricing is good but if i spend 90.00 on a ballistic motor (17.5 to be exact) i would love it if it actually worked (as mine did not fresh out of the box) and just started smoking when throttle was applied (brand new from tower hobbies)

Anyway that's just one bad motor and my bad luck , I sent it off and we will see what happens. Another point i wanted to make (hope novak listens to this) ALOT of guys/gals (long time novak hardcore customers) are going lrp or tekin (myself included for speedos) . Local hobby shop that used to say nothing but the best about novak for years Now gives Novak's customer support and product support a -1 they have nothing but bad things to say.
I have seen alot of great companies go to garbage and i hope Novak is not one of them
Old 01-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm running a 8.5 Ballistic with a Havok Pro in my SC10, and it has performed well beyond my expectations. Maybe somebodys lights are on but they are not home.

Last edited by laedco58; 01-19-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

wow again hear bad staff about novak balistic i order mine 8.5t ballistic from tower hobbies will pick up on saturday hopping that the motor is going to be good keep my fingers crosed and my tekin is backorderd in tower hobbies.
I'm just wondering if i should just return these motor without opening back to TH and order Tekin redline 8.5.
What you think racers.Not a good light onto novacks.
Question for NovakTwo:
And also if i keep the motor and it will blow out will novak refound my money?
Old 01-19-2010, 08:45 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by professorjason
There is a problem... I have been running novak stuff for 25 years and i am not bashing but something has changed. I like to run the most competitive and high quality speedos and motors and am willing to spend a little more money on them. Novaks pricing is good but if i spend 90.00 on a ballistic motor (17.5 to be exact) i would love it if it actually worked (as mine did not fresh out of the box) and just started smoking when throttle was applied (brand new from tower hobbies)

Anyway that's just one bad motor and my bad luck , I sent it off and we will see what happens. Another point i wanted to make (hope novak listens to this) ALOT of guys/gals (long time novak hardcore customers) are going lrp or tekin (myself included for speedos) . Local hobby shop that used to say nothing but the best about novak for years Now gives Novak's customer support and product support a -1 they have nothing but bad things to say.
I have seen alot of great companies go to garbage and i hope Novak is not one of them
I would like to hear what bad things these LHS have to say about our CS and Tech Support. Please forward their information to me and I will personally contact them to resolve any issues they may have. We are very active here, in this forum, and I have spent years speedily resolving any issues that have been brought to my attention. All of the comments on this thread have been forwarded to Novak management.

I am sure that your motor issue will be resolved; but please PM me your contact info and I will check and see what the problem is.

Another thing: the poster, who started this thread has admitted not returning his motor for evaluation and service. However, he keeps criticizing both the product and this company.

And, cliffhanger; you have repeatedly criticized the Ballistic motor, without ever having one. If you do not want the motor, return it (unopened) to Tower for a refund and purchase an item in which you have complete confidence.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by cliffhanger
wow again hear bad staff about novak balistic i order mine 8.5t ballistic from tower hobbies will pick up on saturday hopping that the motor is going to be good keep my fingers crosed and my tekin is backorderd in tower hobbies.
I'm just wondering if i should just return these motor without opening back to TH and order Tekin redline 8.5.
What you think racers.Not a good light onto novacks.
Question for NovakTwo:
And also if i keep the motor and it will blow out will novak refound my money?
You can return the Ballistic motor (unopened) to Tower for a refund.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.