Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Rebuilding an RC10T... input and suggetions wanted. >

Rebuilding an RC10T... input and suggetions wanted.

Rebuilding an RC10T... input and suggetions wanted.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ya, I think that batt is pretty much toast anyway...

I plan on a new one... Deans connections, right?
Old 12-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have quite a few " vintage " builds my self you gotta check out Rc10talk.com It is a great resource for info. My son runs a 10t because it is the only thing he hasn't been able to break! they hold up reasonably well to the new power but finding replacement parts is tough.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Definitely check out that link, www.rc10talk.com, it is an AWESOME forum for all things vintage and custom projects...

I would also visit AE's site, www.rc10.com, they still sell a TON of vintage parts.

I recently made a HUGE order for my RC10CE Graphite restoration project... Their prices aren't bad on those either, and they're all NIP (new in package)...

As for running vintage, I'm sure everyone who runs vintage will tell you, be careful and don't run them too many times. Parts failure is not a matter of "if" but a matter of "when."
Old 12-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Got it running yesterday!

Put in a new to me Novak 10.5 Brushless and Novak GTB ESC thanks to vert.
It absolutely screams! The first scream was the pure speed, the second was the halfway shredding of the spur gear. I actually got a better mesh on it and it lasted a while longer... but its pretty much toast. Oh well, there not exactly a dime a dozen, but close. What should I do to mesh those gears the best way possible? I've read about the paper trick and tried it and it didn't work for sh!t. Might have been operator error though.

I need a new radio... I have two of the exact same hi-tech POS that you have to bang around to power up. I'm considering the traxxas tq2 or tq3 to get me by for a while. They're very cheap on ebay.

So far, shipping included... I'm in this runner for $150. Not so bad.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oh yea... before I ever got it running...

I had to make sure to snap off the ball joint tab on the servo saver.
Oh well, JB works well, and now its a one piece servo not-so-saver.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by MötleyRöx
Got it running yesterday!

Put in a new to me Novak 10.5 Brushless and Novak GTB ESC thanks to vert.
It absolutely screams! The first scream was the pure speed, the second was the halfway shredding of the spur gear. I actually got a better mesh on it and it lasted a while longer... but its pretty much toast. Oh well, there not exactly a dime a dozen, but close. What should I do to mesh those gears the best way possible? I've read about the paper trick and tried it and it didn't work for sh!t. Might have been operator error though.

I need a new radio... I have two of the exact same hi-tech POS that you have to bang around to power up. I'm considering the traxxas tq2 or tq3 to get me by for a while. They're very cheap on ebay.

So far, shipping included... I'm in this runner for $150. Not so bad.
Good for you, i myself just got back after 16 years of vacation, mine is an RC10 CE graphite buggy, using my old Novak 410MXC with lipo batt and 17T double trinity motor. Absolutely a runner, planning to changed the top gear and slipper clutch to use B4 double pad/slipper clutch ( when budget permits) i will change my slipper clutch, Rear/Front hub axles/carriers to use B4 so that i could easily use new RIMS, as using Yokomo 2.2 wheel adapter is sometimes a hassle due to unavailability of Rear 2.2 Rims.

BTW, i used a lipo buzzer attached to my ESC so that it will screams when it falls below the threshold of my Lipo bat.

anyway welcome back and enjoy bashing your RC10T truck...awesome CAR.....RC10 rules!!!
Attached Thumbnails Rebuilding an RC10T... input and suggetions wanted.-img_1545.jpg   Rebuilding an RC10T... input and suggetions wanted.-img_1548.jpg   Rebuilding an RC10T... input and suggetions wanted.-img_1555.jpg   Rebuilding an RC10T... input and suggetions wanted.-img_1553.jpg   Rebuilding an RC10T... input and suggetions wanted.-img_1547.jpg  

Old 12-26-2009, 11:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I plan to rebuild my RC10T. I've bouht another one used off EBay for spare parts. I'll drop my stock SC10 motor and ESC.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Your RC10CE Graphite looks soo much like mine! I have the gree pure-tech battery straps, they work great. Don't know why more 2WD and 4WD battery straps aren't velcro. Modern vehicles seems to have these goofy bars and hinges... A velcro strap is fast, easy, and secure!

I'm thinking about putting a 17.5 in mine... Slow the speed, less chance of breakage!
Old 01-11-2010, 03:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Here is what I did with my old RC10T

http://www.myrcbox.com/?p=2511
Old 01-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Some new "artistic" pictures and a video or two.
Please don't hate... so many negative comments on the nets.
Let's just enjoy the fact that this old beast is moving under its own power.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Tech Initiate

If im sticking with my old brushless motors and Novak Rooster and add a 2s lipo cutoff what size 2s batteries will fit in the stock rc10t battery tray? can I go with the 5000mah ?
Thanks
Old 09-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Rookie

i have that same truck i have the original elctronics i had to update servo the truck is all upgraded rpm parts im probly going to go brushless because my esc burned up on my brushed set up but how much does anybody think it would sell for now adays
Old 09-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

FYI you can get a new body for it as well,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASSOCIATED-R...item231e8b69eb