Community
Wiki Posts
Search

recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default recommendations

I have been out of rc cars for a while but I still have general knowledge of Rc cars. Anyone have any recommended setups for an electric truck. I have been doing research on the sc10. What are the weak links with the truck? I wont have parts accessable so i will order them in advance. What is a good aftermarket motor and esc ect....

Thanks
Old 12-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by greenmxrider77
I have been out of rc cars for a while but I still have general knowledge of Rc cars. Anyone have any recommended setups for an electric truck. I have been doing research on the sc10. What are the weak links with the truck? I wont have parts accessable so i will order them in advance. What is a good aftermarket motor and esc ect....

Thanks
front a arms, but rpm makes a gt2 conversion that will make it bulletproof.
and i have broken my chassis twice
Old 12-12-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

RPM, FN Cuda, and Loony Racing, all makes chassis skid/brace for the vehicle, that should be part of the build, it really does prevent that front end from cracking.

Cuda is our local fast guy, and he's been running his broken chassis WITH his skid/brace for quite some time now...

RPM arms are really optional IMO, but it won't hurt. It really depends if your track is setup with open PVC pipes, which will snag the tire and rip the arms. I'm not sure if RPM arms can even withstand that sort of stupidity (by whoever setup the track)...

If your track has soft corrogated plastic pipes, you won't break your arm as much, but then again, everyone's driving style is different...

I would probably stock up on one set of shock rebuild (so when your shock starts leaking like crazy, it's time to replace the seals) and invest the rest on wheels and tires...

But get some sort of front chassis brace/skid, this should be your #1 thing you put on there...

Other than that, this truck is pretty sturdy. Slashes are known for it durability, but I've only broken ONE front arm, and I've put about 50 to 70 packs through my SC10...
Old 12-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

RPM a arms and the aluminum hinge pin brace should be about it.