Wiki Posts
Search

Short course body for Rustler?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Short course body for Rustler?

I'm working on a low buck mid motor Rustler project and hate the cartoonish monster truck look of all the available bodies out there. I want the wheels covered like on my Slashes. The wheelbase is considerably shorter on the Rustler though so I can't use a Slash body. I looked at Pro-Line and they don't have anything in 1/10. Neither does Parma. Since they don't give the wheelbases of the bodies I don't know if maybe one of the 1/8 scale bodies might fit. Just wondering if anyone has found a SC body that fit their Rustler.

Joe
Old 11-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

This is a good idea. I have used the electric Rustler chassis under my Slash to get the CG lower. For your Nitro Rustler you could do what I did and extend you chassis to match the Slash and therefore all the SCT bodies. The track width will work too.

What did I do? I used the Slash front Skid plate to mount the steering bellcranks. I cut off the cross braces for the Slash chassis and then drille holes to attached the skid plate to the Rustler chassis. Now you need an upper chassis. The Nitro Rustler may work but you will have to fab up mounting. I used the Slash chassis cutting off the nose to connect the upper front bulkhead to the ruslter chassis. I added a bolt with spacer on the center hole of the to add stiffness. I took me about two hours and I raced it that week. Now I am looking to reduce some more weight so I can compete with the SC10 and Blitz models out there!
Old 11-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm OK with the shorter Rustler wheelbase. I'd rather not lengthen the frame. I've got enough work to do to convert the nitro truck to a mid motor electric the way I plan to do it. If there isn't an SC body then maybe a 1/8 car body that will fit. The main objective is to have the wheels inside the body.

Joe
Old 11-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

I would look at the Redcat Racing Vortex EPX Pro body. It is a 1/10 SC truck but based on their Tornado EPX which is a 1/10 buggy so considerably smaller than the Slash. Their 1/8 SC is actually the same size as the Slash almost exactly.

I'm not sure if they are available unpainted but you could always use remover to take off the factory job. Just a thought.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
I would look at the Redcat Racing Vortex EPX Pro body. It is a 1/10 SC truck but based on their Tornado EPX which is a 1/10 buggy so considerably smaller than the Slash. Their 1/8 SC is actually the same size as the Slash almost exactly.

I'm not sure if they are available unpainted but you could always use remover to take off the factory job. Just a thought.
Thanks. Looks like that one could be an option. I'd prefer clear but I found one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-REDCAT-RACIN...item33576b8f0b The price isn't bad at about $26.00 w/shipping. I think I'll e-mail the guy and see if I can get him to take some measurements for me.

Joe