Wiki Posts
Search

What is the reliable esc?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 04:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
You need to add some things to your sig.

to - I'm going to the store.
too - I want to go too.
two - Buy me two beers when you get there.
brakes - Learn to use your car brakes.
breaks - You'll be sad when your car breaks.

I could go on and on. The spelling and grammar are appalling around here. The OP of this thread is a particularly good example.
rctechgrammar.net probably isn't taken, so maybe you could start up a forum for grammatically correct r/c discussion
Old 11-11-2009, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Originally Posted by segmentfault
mamba monster 1/8 esc v3 is your best bet.. awesome esc
I agree....I have been running mine weekly for close to 9 months with zero issues.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

too - I want to go too.

I could go on and on. The spelling and grammar are appalling around here. The OP of this thread is a particularly good example.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

too - I want to go too.

Hehe. The grammar mistakes bug you as well I see. People always say 'hey man, it's the Internet, don't be so anal.' However that is just a way of saying 'my grammars sucks and I no that to so don't sit their with you're throne and judge me or Ill brake you two.'
Old 11-11-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

i agree....people who respond to negative grammar feedback may not have the best knowledge of what is grammatically correct/incorrect. on the other hand, they are also people who do have that knowledge and are tired of reading others' irrelevant posts. do you think most people come here for grammar help or to learn more about r/c?
Old 11-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Randy what motor combo do you recommend. On a losi e 2.0. Which one is most efficent.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ses601
i agree....people who respond to negative grammar feedback may not have the best knowledge of what is grammatically correct/incorrect. on the other hand, they are also people who do have that knowledge and are tired of reading others' irrelevant posts. do you think most people come here for grammar help or to learn more about r/c?
I am not a grammar nazi as I will readily admit that mine isn't 100% perfect. However, some of the grammar mistakes are just appalling and show how pathetic our schools have become.

The misspelling of words that quite frankly any 5th grader should know is pretty pathetic.

Don't get me started on the people who post like they are texting on their phones.

Kan Ne1 help me chooz a new speed controller? Thx. Mines sux!
Old 11-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think a lot of peoples issues with esc's come from improper soldering, thus damaging the circuit board. Just something to consider when reading negative comments on certain controllers. My Novak GTB is three years old, works fine. Great customer support from Novak as well. With the current that controllers are handling these days there are going to be meltdowns occasionally.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
I think a lot of peoples issues with esc's come from improper soldering, thus damaging the circuit board. Just something to consider when reading negative comments on certain controllers. My Novak GTB is three years old, works fine. Great customer support from Novak as well. With the current that controllers are handling these days there are going to be meltdowns occasionally.
i only had one problem with a novak esc...taking into account the battery-gearing situation i put it through, it's pretty amazing it held up as long as it did! novaks are reasonable and durable, with GREAT customer service

edumakated - yup, some teachers are horrible. mostly, it's the lack of important skills that are never introduced until the poor kids reach school that pose the problem. those are my final thoughts, i'm done wasting space on this poor guy's thread
Old 11-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1

10 gauge wire is especially difficult to solder. I make sure that my joints are solid. Many failures are also attributed to bad mounting to the chassis. I've always made sure there is some cushining between the esc and chassis. For the record:

-I've opened my mmm v2 about six times over the past year.
-Replaced the fan twice
-Soldered the fan wires back on to the board after the connector broke off
-Removed the fan/switch all together for an entire race season
-Been run/raced in extremly dusty conditions & snow that has collected on the bullets due to bad chassis sealing.
-Been run on 2s, 4s, 5s, & 6s lipos
-Still going strong

Maybe i am just lucky, but i've also been in this hobby long enough to know what I am doing/not doing. I've noticed that experience does seem to correlate with Castle esc failures, but as stated earlier, it mostly comes down to good soldering and mounting. Sometimes people don't have the right idea of what is good either. "Good" is when the soldered wire looks like a brush dipped in silver paint.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
I am not a grammar nazi as I will readily admit that mine isn't 100% perfect. However, some of the grammar mistakes are just appalling and show how pathetic our schools have become.

The misspelling of words that quite frankly any 5th grader should know is pretty pathetic.

Don't get me started on the people who post like they are texting on their phones.

Kan Ne1 help me chooz a new speed controller? Thx. Mines sux!
When you can barely understand what the poster is trying to say, or when they write 1000 words with no punctuation at all, it becomes quite difficult to read. It also makes me tend to think that their (they're? there? no, their) problem with their R/C car might just be a general lack of intelligence. Sometimes that is not the case, but other times I just tend to ignore their question because you just can't fix stupid.

Anyway, back on topic...

Anyone think that Losi will ever get the Xcelorin working?? I just got a great deal on a new 2.0 E buggy and I'm hoping it might actually work out.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

When you can barely understand what the poster is trying to say, or when they write 1000 words with no punctuation at all, it becomes quite difficult to read. It also makes me tend to think that their (they're? there? no, their) problem with their R/C car might just be a general lack of intelligence. Sometimes that is not the case, but other times I just tend to ignore their question because you just can't fix stupid.

Anyway, back on topic...

Anyone think that Losi will ever get the Xcelorin working?? I just got a great deal on a new 2.0 E buggy and I'm hoping it might actually work out.
You know what bugs me? People who post reply's not related to the topic. Just dont reply if it bothers you.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnperdeye
You know what bugs me? People who post reply's not related to the topic. Just dont reply if it bothers you.
Hmmm, your original post referenced the Losi system that I just discussed. So that was on topic. If I am mistaken, it is only because your spelling and punctuation were so bad that perhaps I misunderstood you.

I thought you were saying that you fried your ESC. Perhaps you really meant that you friend your ESC?? (hate to think what that means)
Old 11-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Did the ESC ever get sent in to Horizon? Any idea how it fried?
Old 11-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

Dude if you dont anything to say about this post than stay out. Yea i shipped it to horizon wednesday. They told me to send motor and speed contoller in. But didnt give me a reason why. I would really like to know. Because if it was something i did i dont want to do it again everybody i talk to said the brake setting's was the reason it quit. But i would like to know for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.