Wiki Posts
Search

Bought my new toy!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Bought my new toy!

Bought me a Sc10 and should be here in the middle of the week. Looking for some suggestions on a BRUSHED motor to run in it. I will be going brushless eventually maybe after christmas. So please shout out some good motors that would Do great in the truck. I am not racing it just having fun. Thanks
Old 10-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you have an ESC already with low-turn capability, something like a Team Checkpoint 10T two-wire brushed (10x2). Not too low a turn, and yet tons of fun in 1/10 scale. Otherwise, for just playing around, there are a lot of 19T brushed motors out there.

The Stock XP SC200 is apparently a 17T or higher ESC. So, 19T brushed would be about right. The lower turn you go, the faster you would use up your batteries (ie. higher wattage motors mean lower runtime)
Old 10-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Not to get too far off target anyone reckonize these? Found these in the old tool box and seems one is a Losi and ones a HPI. No idea on turns or anything.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

The UNO, Peak and Losi motors appear to be 27T stock motors (fixed timing), the Revtech is probably a mod, see the adjustable screws for timing.

The pink cans were usually 36 degree timing, sometimes called "outlaw" stock or "pro" stock motors.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

If you use anything faster than a 19t brushed motor you will burn out your esc.

The stock motor is more than likely already faster than any of the ones that you have pictured. Though its considered slow, its still faster than stock turn motors, especially older ones.

If you are looking for a good, faster motor, that will work with your esc, that is not expensive, buy a 19t komodo dragon, for around $30. Yes there are others more expensive, cheaper, faster, better ect....... Buy if your going BL after christmas, why waste your money on somethig more expensive, and or risk having to buy another esc right away.

My .02 is keep your stock motor in there, dont put any money into it at all, and use that $30 towards the price of your BL system.

If you want to improve your sc10, there are two things you can do right away. First it to put some black grease in the sealed rear diff, so your not spinning one wheel on a regular basis, and second is change those terrible stock tires.

Good luck
Old 10-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DeputyDad78
Not to get too far off target anyone reckonize these? Found these in the old tool box and seems one is a Losi and ones a HPI. No idea on turns or anything.

BRINGS BACK MEMORIES!!!

Old 10-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
BRINGS BACK MEMORIES!!!

great paper weights
Old 10-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

yourr kinda putting the cart before the horse.The stock sc10 tires are squirley with the stock 17turn out of the box.I think before I went and put more power in the truck I would look into getting some goosebumps,or bowtie SC tires at least for the rear end of the truck.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

I have a mod Kisbey 19t laying around I will throw in for now I guess. And if I wanna run the stock electronics I would need to buy them