Md,va,pa,dc Offroad Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Md,va,pa,dc Offroad Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Location: Time to put down the Golf clubs and poker chips and GO RACIN!
Default Brian

Why U sell your stuff? we were having fun at Tifecta...
Old 02-23-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

I jus needed money to buy some things for my offroad stuff. Your right it was fun, but i needed the money to fund other things. Hopefully ill see you out somewhere and we can race some 1/10 electric truck and 4wd buggy.
Old 02-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Tech Initiate

what's going on everyone. Brian, I bought me a XXX4 Graphite Plus to run the brushless in. Raced at socal sunday and met a couple of pros (Drake, Aaron Waldron, etc). That car can fly. Broke a couple of times but I was being trigger happy and trying to launch it over the jumps lol. Haven't gotten to race the gas truck yet, rained all weekend but plan on in a week or two. They had over 90 racers at a club race here at the local indoor track. It was packed. there was like 4 heats of sportsman truck (10 per heat) and 3 of novice truck alone. Buggy (2WD) is real popular here for some reason but I like my 4WD. Kits are alot cheaper here, I bought the XXX4G+ for only 280 and the BK2 is only 220. I hope you guys have fun out there without me. I've got some pics to email of some of the tracks out here. Email me at [email protected] if you guys wanna talk. Later
Old 02-24-2004, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

Thats awesome John. Electric is some much more popular out there, i wish it was here. Your right 4wd buggies are a blast. ANs thats alot of people just for a club race. But it is in cali where its rc heaven. Hope you have a good time and start whoopin on some of them out there.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Default Brian & Ski

We will definately meet onthe DIRT this summer...

Ski,

Have fun out there There is nothing like it... enjoy it even if you go bankrupt doing it..
Old 02-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

If any of you guys are interested, I have a Losi xxx-nt for sell. It has a RB X-12 w/X-12 pipe, Hitec servos and a few aluminum and graphite parts. It's in excellent condition. I don't race trucks anymore, just 1/8 now. All you need is a battery and a rx/tx and it's ready to race. Oh yeah, I had the piston pinched by OS Rocket and only ran about three race days on it after that. I have one extra body, a few pairs of tires, and a few extra parts. I race at DRCW, so if you interested let me know.

Rob Phillips, V-RACE member
Old 02-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Hey Guys

I am a racer that use to run indoor off road out in so cal.
It is true Trifecta will be builing a first class facility for offroad racing.

I enjoyed electric offroad racing for years. But I mostly raced indoors. I have raced at dozens of outdoor tracks in cali and florida. The majority of these tracks were 1/10th scale only. I have been to pasadena and I really don't see an electric buggy racing there. It is just very hard for any track to race gas and electric. T-Bone is right trifecta is going to make it electric friendly and they have onsite electricity so that willnot be a problem. I would love to race an electric class if a couple of guys show. It could be just electric since buggy, truck, 4 wheel all put in similar lap times. If we get enough people it could be split up. If you want to run electric T-bone we got 3 guys so far. Me, you, and Steve L.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

is the trifecta track going to be aimed at electric or aimed at both
?

and why would pasadena be a poor track for electric besides no a/c power?
Old 02-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Default PTP

From what i understand Tony West told me that it would be to rugged and to bumpy for an electric buggy to race at a gas 1/8 scale track because of the way it rides the dirt up.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default The track is a little rough for a 1/10th scale buggy

And the no electricity thing is a bummer.
If you ever go to a true 1/10th scale offroad track you will clearly see the difference.
SteveL its rips up the dirt.
1/8th scale cars are much heavier and have allot more power. So they are naturally going to rut up the track.
PTP it was hard enough getting your gas truck around the track right.

Last edited by TonyWest; 02-25-2004 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Default Gas & electric onthe same track

Requires a ton of track maintenance to keep the surface smooth enough for it not to become baja monster truck rally...

also the power of gas requires a different jump spacing and size.. only the best electric racers can drive fast on a truw 1/8th gas track.. others will break alot... 1/8th ruts will swallow some 1/10th electric cars... very hard to do bot.. Homer is the only dude in the area that I know of that could and has pulled it off... Homer = Track MASTER
Old 02-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Default Pit Bitch

If I can get a pit bitch-- I will keep the K2 and run gas... any takers?

I will run 1/10th truck definately and I am trying to decide between 2wd or 4wd-- yall let me know....soon...

and i want the regular racers to respond.. I want to be abel to run this all summer notjust for a few weeks and stop...
Old 02-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default T-Bone you can always find someone to fuel you

Now as far as a guy to tune your motor and restart your car and all that. That is a different story. Usually I will fuel a guy in sportsman and he will fuel me in my race. See simple.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

actually it wasnt hard at all to get the 1/10th truck around the track its wider and has bigger tires than the 1/8 buggy

i just didnt like how if you gave the trigger a good squeeze it would do donuts

i like to be able to point and shoot

pasadena had a nice smooth surface when we started but with the constant rain from last summer it got ate up pretty bad and was never dry long enough for any proper repairs to be made

so i can agree the electric buggies may have a hard time but the electric trucks should be fine (even though i saw at least 2 electric buggies run last year and they seemed fine 1 was even running at the same time as a buggy and was swapping positions)

t-bone who in the hell is going to volunteer to be your pit bitch?
Old 02-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Your Wife!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.