Wiki Posts
Search

Time to make the switch?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnyrcr
yea I guess thats why the 1/10 scale thread is full of the same storys, all those whinners that don't know what there doing, wow, I don't expect these to be as reliable as 1/10 when there not spending anymore on them than they are, if I buy a 1/10 gas motor it cost about half of what an 1/8 gas motor cost, you make me a 250 to 300 esc thats bullet proof and I'll buy it all day long, and I think most people would, but to sit here and say that 1/8 esc is as reliable as a 1/10 just isn't true.
I stand by my statement.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnyrcr
I stand by my statement.
There's always sucessful 1/10 ep racers n 1/8 ep racers. I race both n I still chose 1/8 ep as it's tougher than 1/10.

Nothing is bullet proof not even your car! If u set it up proper in a 1/8 u dun burn anything.

I guess u hv to try not just saying it's no good. If u hv not tasted burgers u can't say it taste bad!

Most of the US electric conversion guys knows what they are doing that's why they chose 1/8 ep.

Get your kit then you will know what we meant
Old 10-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Here is my main concern, he said he wants to buy it for local club races.

I have yet to be to a club race that puts together even 2 1/8th electric vehicles, let alone enough for a main. I suppose they could race with the nitro, but the nitro boys will just cry when they lose, plus it would not be fair, EP needs no pit stops.

Do I think it is worth looking into? Yes, but not right now, still growing, and there are still areas that need improving.

Continue doing your research, and you will know when the time is right, still to this day I am seeing way to many threads or replies about ESC's failing.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
There's always sucessful 1/10 ep racers n 1/8 ep racers. I race both n I still chose 1/8 ep as it's tougher than 1/10.

Nothing is bullet proof not even your car! If u set it up proper in a 1/8 u dun burn anything.

I guess u hv to try not just saying it's no good. If u hv not tasted burgers u can't say it taste bad!

Most of the US electric conversion guys knows what they are doing that's why they chose 1/8 ep.

I do not agree with this statement at all.

1/10 2WD MOD Buggy is the HARDEST offroad class to win, and be competitive in. Hands down. 1/8 is still 4WD, so you can still easily get out of hairy situations, full throttle turn, and done.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If no-one was to try out or go for an ep model then the ep brushless area/industry will take much much longer to get any progress.

They only way it is going to get better is if people use it.

You can't just simply say "forget about it, wait until it is better/more reliable".
There needs to be a market for it, there needs to be those people to go out and buy these systems if there is going to be any kind of quick progress.

The demand is there, these companies are no doubt working to deliver, if you take that demand away, it would just become a company project to get out some time soon.

I don't believe nitro will just go away, and I hope it doesn't.
Nitro and EP will be alongside each other for a long time to come, some people prefer the nitro sound and smells, power band and the idea of knowing you have a little motor going off it's head but on the other hand, there are those that prefer the quieter more powerful (not necessarily faster) EP systems with all the torque you could want straight up, hanging there until it is at it's limit and at next to no noise compared to nitro which makes them great for people who can't run nitro in their area.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Euro Stealth
I do not agree with this statement at all.

1/10 2WD MOD Buggy is the HARDEST offroad class to win, and be competitive in. Hands down. 1/8 is still 4WD, so you can still easily get out of hairy situations, full throttle turn, and done.
This is complete BS! Everyone is raceing the same class!

I agree that 1/8th is easy to drive slow. But everyone has the same easy to drive car. So you have no advantage over anyone else in your class. So how can a better handleing, better jumping class give anyone an advantage if they're in the same class.

Everyone has to step it up beyond the comfortable limits of 1/8th to win. So my opinion: going slow in 1/8th is a breeze, but actually winning anything is just as hard, probally harder.

1 hour mains+ pitstops every 8 minutes+higher speeds+insane jumps+ good pit guy needed= very hard to win.

1/10th e just has to sprint for 6 min.....ooooh, how impressive. 1 lucky break at the start and you lead is unbreakable. In a 1hour main there is plenty of time to catch up. Alot less luck involved. sometimes a couple fast guys break down, but I've never seen a slower driver win a long main...ever.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Shimmy
If no-one was to try out or go for an ep model then the ep brushless area/industry will take much much longer to get any progress.

They only way it is going to get better is if people use it.

You can't just simply say "forget about it, wait until it is better/more reliable".
There needs to be a market for it, there needs to be those people to go out and buy these systems if there is going to be any kind of quick progress.

The demand is there, these companies are no doubt working to deliver, if you take that demand away, it would just become a company project to get out some time soon.

I don't believe nitro will just go away, and I hope it doesn't.
Nitro and EP will be alongside each other for a long time to come, some people prefer the nitro sound and smells, power band and the idea of knowing you have a little motor going off it's head but on the other hand, there are those that prefer the quieter more powerful (not necessarily faster) EP systems with all the torque you could want straight up, hanging there until it is at it's limit and at next to no noise compared to nitro which makes them great for people who can't run nitro in their area.
I hope E 1/8th grows, I want to join in.

Nitro isn't going anywhere. Its here to stay. Real races, not short sprints. Real pit stops. Real engines. Smoke, noise...........

Theres a placde for 1/8th E, but not in Nitros place.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Nitro is here to stay? Maybe in your area, but over here, more and more nitro guys are moving to electric.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SuperEk4

I have an 1/8 electric kit, maybe read my post before you start spoting off, you have your opinion and I have mine, we'll have to agree to disagree, theres no way 1/8 electric is as reliable as 1/10 electric, that's all I'm saying.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

2 years ago everything was nitro..now i travel 10 min up the road and race at the local park. and after that i can go run my electric b44 at another track...id say that electric is comming back very strong.more and mor 1/10 4wd cars are popping up all over the place..and just look at all the companies that are throwing out their 4wd 1/10 cars..to me nitro is very time consuming plus maintenence is brutal with the 1/8 scales.with electric initial start up is the banger.but once you get there..your good just my 2cents