Old 11-22-2017, 07:53 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Bump For a good Thread!!!!
Old 11-23-2017, 05:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Besides tires- what order of changes are made (prioritized) when the track changes from good traction to low traction from qualifier 2 to the mains?
Old 11-23-2017, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Tip: run stock class and start at the back. Go into the first corner full speed and blast the car in front of you. This should cause a nice pile up and gain you several spots. Seems to work for people at my local track. LOL

Last edited by BRSracing; 11-23-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

awesome thread. Thanks!
Old 11-23-2017, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp
Besides tires- what order of changes are made (prioritized) when the track changes from good traction to low traction from qualifier 2 to the mains?
There's not really much you can do, especially an order. If you follow the one change at a time theory, then your tires would be it. The setup should be for the overall track and obstacles, which did not change from Q2 to main. So your tires, and your mentality.. slower is faster. Don't ruin the start, the racing line will have an even better % of traction than before, so your speed into, through, and out of the corners is now more important. But that goes back to your mentality, remain calm and know that the main is still you driving against yourself. If you don't crash, then you will be faster than if you did crash. Anybody can drive well with traction, but your ability to drive shines or dulls when the traction goes down, and that is often determined by how well you keep your composure on the drivers stand both inward and outward.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:45 AM
Tech Rookie

nice thread, thanks for sharing

Last edited by ambil21; 11-24-2017 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Good tips, anyone have anything else to add?
Old 12-26-2018, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cHAmpa
Good tips, anyone have anything else to add?
Haven't raced or been to rctech in some time.. Thanks for bumping this and somehow it getting to my inbox My last reply I had to read a couple times, took me a couple times to "re-understand" it...

My thoughts are this since loving this hobby since roughly the mid-1980's, racing in the early 2000's, trying to get my twins into it ~2014ish, etc. -

Understand that this is for fun. It is a hobby. If you don't practice, you don't deserve to win. Even if you do practice, some will simply be more gifted enough to beat you anyway. Equipment can limit you, but generally lack of practice (equates to lack of skills) limits us more. Lack of maintenance will bite you sometimes, but the stuff is so good now it is difficult to DNF due to equipment..

The marshals are there to flip you over after your mistake or misfortune, they are not there to ruin your race, they did not ruin your race. Embrace the marshalls, practice and understand their roll and your roll in the race. You crash, they help you.

Laptimes. Do you look at them? Do you record them? Have you ever sat down and figured out how close EVERY lap was to your average lap? How close every lap was to your FAST lap? How close (far apart) was your average lap to your fast lap (efficiency)? How many times after a crash have you thought you need to make that time up, and promptly crash again? You can't make up lost time. Remember that. You can't undo a mistake, you learn from it and do your best not to repeat it. That in itself is a life lesson, not just a racing lesson.
cHAmpa likes this.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbrow1
Laptimes. Do you look at them? Do you record them? Have you ever sat down and figured out how close EVERY lap was to your average lap? How close every lap was to your FAST lap? How close (far apart) was your average lap to your fast lap (efficiency)? How many times after a crash have you thought you need to make that time up, and promptly crash again? You can't make up lost time. Remember that. You can't undo a mistake, you learn from it and do your best not to repeat it. That in itself is a life lesson, not just a racing lesson.
Yeah, one of my plans for 2019 is to take better notes while at the track. I do go back and look at times, but don't record in any structured manner. I'll be doing so moving forward in order to get a better idea of what is and isn't working or me.
jbrow1 likes this.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

One of the best pieces of advise I ever got-

At the end of the day - you are driving a toy car in the hopes of earning a bowling trophy.

Unless you are a paid professional with a paycheck contingent on your results and finishing, Its still just a toy car,....

MOmo