Wiki Posts
Search

Castle Mamba Monster V4??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)
Exclamation Castle Mamba Monster V4??

Hey, I was wondering if CC is going to make a V4 version of their mamba monster. I am going to get into 1/8 electric and dont want to get the v3 if the v4 is coming right around the bend. I know they just released the mamba max pro so i was thinking will a MMMV4 be right after? Let me know if one of you have an inside scoop. THANKS!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yes. V4 is jsut around the corner. But I don't think this should stop you from getting a V3. The changes imo aren't going to be signifcant enough justify the hrs of fun you could be having between now and when V4 is release.

PS. CC are shipping V3.xx as they continually doing running changes as they discover new weaknesses.

Cheers
Old 10-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

So how much longer till the v4? Before Dec.? And what do you mean by the V3.xx? THANKS
Old 10-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58
So how much longer till the v4? Before Dec.? And what do you mean by the V3.xx? THANKS
I don't remember there being an exact date, but it was around xmas this year or Q1 next year.
By V3.xx I mean that CC are shipping MMM versions that are greater than 3.0. That is the MMM that are currently shipping have had serveral minor changes since V3 started shipping.

Like I said, I don't think V4 due soonish , is enough of a reason not to buy a MMM V3
Old 10-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't think there is going to be any "new" version coming soon. As mentioned, Castle updates their products as time goes by and newer better components become available. They don't rename the products unless there is a major change or it needs done from a marketing position, imo. For example, the Mamba 25 and Mamba Max controllers went through several generations without any announcements or product update.. v1, v2, etc.

I don't expect to see any new MMM versions until they add sensor port or data logging features... something like that...
Old 10-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
I don't think there is going to be any "new" version coming soon. As mentioned, Castle updates their products as time goes by and newer better components become available. They don't rename the products unless there is a major change or it needs done from a marketing position, imo. For example, the Mamba 25 and Mamba Max controllers went through several generations without any announcements or product update.. v1, v2, etc.

I don't expect to see any new MMM versions until they add sensor port or data logging features... something like that...
If you trawl through the CC forum over at RCM, you will find that Patrick from CC has eluded to a V4 in the near future..
Old 10-15-2009, 04:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littlejohn
If you trawl through the CC forum over at RCM, you will find that Patrick from CC has eluded to a V4 in the near future..
And actually beyond a v4....read that as well. Nothing huge change wise, sounded like mostly stuff for Castle to help diagnose what went wrong in the event of a prob.

Continuing improvement.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Where is that info found at?
Old 10-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Lord

It was in this forum -

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Specific topics are sometimes hard to pinpoint cause the threads rarely stay on topic. You may have to invest some time reading.

I did get lucky and found it, starts with reply #16 as a ques -

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/show...592#post324592
Old 10-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (99%+)

just get the v3 they are solid enough, i have never heard of any "V4" coming out
Old 10-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm still running my original V2 with no fan, no on/off switch, and no issues. In my theory, its all about good batteries and good solder joints that keep these things, alive, and that goes for manufacturers too, no just users.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes there are things in the pipeline, but nothing major that we will see soon, imo. Patrick gets ahead of himself, just ask the boys at CC lol

main point is... it's not a time to sit waiting for a new version unless you really like to wait.........

What I want... is more castle motors. It's been too long waiting for that already

btw, I still have an original V1 I ran most of the summer club racing... pretty much an antique LOL
Old 10-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

"The V3/V4 are fairly similar -- same boards, slightly different parts. Any V3 that gets repaired also gets upgraded to V4.

There really isn't enough of a difference to make it worth while to return a V3 for the changes.

Patrick"

that's directly from castle
buy a v3, no big deal
Old 10-16-2009, 04:21 AM
Tech Lord

Somewhere else in the Castle forum, Patrick makes reference that some of these changes help them diagnose what went wrong with a MMM when it does fail. Be aware if you try to pull one over on them about a failure, that there may be info in the "remains" that will tell a diff story.

There is no real reason to wait on v4.