Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree121Likes

Kyosho MP9E Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-25-2016, 05:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho MP9E Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho MP9e Wiki.

Mp9e TKI4 Manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vr6cj
YEah, knowing them, I'm thinking $219.99
The selling price should be around $120. You're only off by $100, but it was a good guess.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

And now there's a full kit on the way - http://www.redrc.net/2009/12/kyosho-...gy/#more-25565

Not sure I like the moulded trays. It staggers 2x 2s packs so it might restrict a lot of 4s packs.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by veecee
And now there's a full kit on the way - http://www.redrc.net/2009/12/kyosho-...gy/#more-25565

Not sure I like the moulded trays. It staggers 2x 2s packs so it might restrict a lot of 4s packs.
Those look like the medium rear shock towers don't they. If this is basically a MPSE e verison curious to what the price tag will be??
Old 12-21-2009, 06:45 AM
Key
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've got the Inferno conversion kit and use it on my SCRRe.

There is only one factory inferno kit however depending on whether it's an MP9, MP777, MP7.5, STRR, etc.. the build is not the same with respect to model type.

Here are some of the benefits with the factory conversion:

1) compatible with a lot of non-dual 4s packs so you can chose between 2x2s or 1x4s configurations.
2) Covers all major holes on the chassis originally designed for nitro.
3) Integrated ESC tray
4) There is a canal underneath the battery that allows for the ESC wires to run neatly under the entire battery tray length. It then goes over a bridge built in the middle diff housing that eventually goes to the receiver tray.
5) Integrated cooling fins on motor mount. **Not available on SClite motor mount (I've got both mounts and they are different)
6) Dual chassis support for motor.

Overall the conversion is well thought out and as usual the quality of parts remain unmatched.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

I was reading this article and it sounds like early next year a MP9e kit will become available.

http://www.redrc.net/2009/12/kyosho-...ushless-buggy/

Looks nice.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

So what is the best guess for price anyone. It looks like it has medium shock towers and etc, so maybe in the range of the SE version??
Old 01-13-2010, 01:16 AM
Key
Tech Addict

I would agree that pricing may be set around what the current SE is going for. I guess we'll know in February.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwoodruff
Not MP9 new, I have a like new Kanai 3, a NIB 777 WC and a 777 converted to a GT (soon GTe), the 777 WC is going to become a GT2 with an STR chassis and Ipanema Kyosho Evolva 2 speed conversion.
I was chasing a K3, starting to be hard to get, there is still a few K2's around. I ended up just purchasing a MP9 anyway.

Originally Posted by liquiddog
I was reading this article and it sounds like early next year a MP9e kit will become available.

http://www.redrc.net/2009/12/kyosho-...ushless-buggy/

Looks nice.
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/cars/in...part_num=30895

Originally Posted by Key
I would agree that pricing may be set around what the current SE is going for. I guess we'll know in February.
It's $749 on Inferno's Only but I don't know how accurate their new pricing is - http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_I.../kyo30895b.htm
Old 02-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Key
Tech Addict

It's February and haven't seen a firm release date yet. I'm wondering if it is available in Japan since they get the good stuff before everyone.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:46 AM
Key
Tech Addict

the official video with a closer look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQN6Rr6CzBU
Old 02-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Key
the official video with a closer look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQN6Rr6CzBU
Cool video - Key if you are from Toronto, have you raced in any GLORCS Races? If so I believe Monster truck class is gone and 1/8 scale electric is in for an official GLORCS class.

I would like to put one together but think a SE kit plus IFW kit is the better way to go.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I will be racing a MP9e in the GLORCS series this summer....Tillsonburg race too.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Key
Tech Addict

Hey WINTER350, I’ve never raced in GLORSC but plan to this year. I know it’s huge and very competitive but that’s what I get for flying/converting electric helis. The learning curve for those take up a lot of my time.

I agree the standard edition kit plus the conversion set and mp9e shell is no doubt the way to go unless the price for the "e-kit" changes. For now that’s what I did (less the e-body which i'm waiting on). What works out even better is that I have an MP9. So getting the SE vesion let me keep all the nitro parts as extra. For example, extra body, break pads, fuel tank, fuel filter, clutch components, etc..

Hope to see you and Johnnyboy on or before the season begins!

-key
Old 02-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
I will be racing a MP9e in the GLORCS series this summer....Tillsonburg race too.

I am not sure about Tillsonburg, I love nitro but I do not miss choking on fumes for sure.LOL

Yes I think there will be more 1/8 electric for sure this year, last year there was 8-12
Old 02-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Key
Hey WINTER350, I’ve never raced in GLORSC but plan to this year. I know it’s huge and very competitive but that’s what I get for flying/converting electric helis. The learning curve for those take up a lot of my time.

I agree the standard edition kit plus the conversion set and mp9e shell is no doubt the way to go unless the price for the "e-kit" changes. For now that’s what I did (less the e-body which i'm waiting on). What works out even better is that I have an MP9. So getting the SE vesion let me keep all the nitro parts as extra. For example, extra body, break pads, fuel tank, fuel filter, clutch components, etc..

Hope to see you and Johnnyboy on or before the season begins!

-key
Yes it would be nice to see a few more MP9s, at least at GLORCS there are a few other MP9's. At our local club race (Glenwood RC) I am the only one with an MP9, tough to share set up info...

If you have an 1/8th electric already set up, Glenwood RC runs them as part of there indoor program in Elma, NY, right near Buffalo. www.glenwoodrc.com
You should check it out sometime. The Truck Trophy Race they had this past weekend had 82 entries, very competitive. you can also find more info on wnyrc.com

Hope to see you out racing. - Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.