Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree121Likes

Kyosho MP9E Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-25-2016, 05:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho MP9E Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho MP9e Wiki.

Mp9e TKI4 Manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

because of the lack of pressure on the ESC posts

on the last photo shown there actually is a pressure on the posts.. because the cables aren't straight and are curved in two opposite directions

another thing is the short lipo cable, it will get stressed in the long run.. this is the reason why I always use such a long cable for the battery connection

I tested many configurations because I'm racing endurance races of 10 to 12 hours.. so I better don't mess up on the wirings
Old 09-14-2014, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

(this was response to previous post..) : +1 - even a little longer wires for me and the sensor wire loosely zip tied to the other motor wires. I just don't want any wire flapping around in the car.

But agree on the lipo cable length. And I see your point with the twisting effect this config may have on the solder posts
Old 09-14-2014, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pascalfd
(this was response to previous post..) : +1 - even a little longer wires for me and the sensor wire loosely zip tied to the other motor wires. I just don't want any wire flapping around in the car.

But agree on the lipo cable length. And I see your point with the twisting effect this config may have on the solder posts
the common mistake is to think that a clean looking wiring is safer, personnaly I prefer a fancy looking wiring that reduces the stress between components
Old 09-14-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
because of the lack of pressure on the ESC posts

on the last photo shown there actually is a pressure on the posts.. because the cables aren't straight and are curved in two opposite directions

another thing is the short lipo cable, it will get stressed in the long run.. this is the reason why I always use such a long cable for the battery connection

I tested many configurations because I'm racing endurance races of 10 to 12 hours.. so I better don't mess up on the wirings
To each his own. This ESC is over year old and works flawlessly.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bohdi
To each is own. This ESC is over year old and works flawlessly.
of course, everyone has a different opinion

a car with no airbag is also safe until it crashes.. it doesn't mean airbags aren't necessary

the very best wiring would be the one with cables that provide zero stress on the motor & esc, but it's hard to achieve in reality
Old 09-14-2014, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
of course, everyone has a different opinion

a car with no airbag is also safe until it crashes.. it doesn't mean airbags aren't necessary

the very best wiring would be the one with cables that provide zero stress on the motor & esc, but it's hard to achieve in reality
what scale did you use to measure this post stress?
Old 09-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bohdi
what scale did you use to measure this post stress?
intuition

j/k

of course there is no scientific way to mesure the pressure it's just common sense

a straight wire will cause less stress than a curve as soon as the length allows a minimum play etc..

just look at the curb from the wires coming from your motor for example, the radius is very small which imples more stress to it

another point is that I use very flexible wires (tekin), it doesn't look like it on the pic but you can play with them with no problem, large wires with a thick silicone sheat are more suspect to put a stress on the electronics as they are more rigid.. I reduce the need of using thick cables because I run high voltage setups which draw less amps too (and allow to throw the crappy fan in the garbage at the same time )

a good way to test the stress cables are putting on the posts is to place the esc correctly on the car without fixing the esc but with the solderings made.. if it rotates when you release it, if a side lifts or if it changes direction, there is a pressure.. and the more this effect is important the bigger the pressure

for example if you removed the tape from underneath the esc with this setup, it would rotate to the left completely, which implies a pressure

well, you got my point

Last edited by Pulse_; 09-14-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Here is a vid on a local track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL-g...ature=youtu.be

very happy with the MP9E so far, did many testings with lipos from 300g to 550g, the one in the vid was the heaviest of them

a little tip to reduce the wear of body shock: just apply a sticker on it

and this is a good protection for damp weather

Last edited by Pulse_; 09-27-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone else had issues breaking front arm at the hinge pin,8 particular the left front ? Have broken 5 in the last 2 weeks at 2 different tracks on small jumps.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

never broke a part on both my MP9 TKI3 (nitro & electric)

did you try to boil the arms eventually?
Old 09-28-2014, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Might have to start boiling them, This just started happening.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

The sweep birdie fit nicely ... Running thunder power 5300 lipos and there are plenty of room
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho MP9E Thread-image.jpg  
Old 09-29-2014, 01:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by segreda
The sweep birdie fit nicely ... Running thunder power 5300 lipos and there are plenty of room
this is very good to know, I'll need another body for my MP9E.. ran the stock just a few times and it's very fragile

do you have any idea of the thickness of the birdie?
Old 09-29-2014, 02:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i like this FTW body quite a bit!
Old 09-29-2014, 02:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jason Snyder
i like this FTW body quite a bit!
looks way better than I thought! do you have a part number? what lipos are you using?

in white you can always tell if the design of a body is nice or not, paintschemes disrupt the lines.. it's even worse when the only pics you can find of a specific model is a clear body, then you have no idea what it will look like painted

I know you race indoors too, so if you have some setups laying around let me know.. would be interested in the tires you use indoors aswell

didn't you say you were thinking about switching for an EB48.2 on a vid.. might be wrong on this one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.